Author Topic: Has anybody ran across this?  (Read 6652 times)

jamack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
Re: Has anybody ran across this?
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2013, 01:14:24 PM »
It seems that anybody can jump into business, guys I can tell you after being around the auto hobby business for most all my life the biggest scammers I have encountered are in the kit car industry, I would stay away from anybody claiming to build a turn key car for less then 50k, just look at the numbers it is crazy to think a company could build a car that cheap and if they are paying guys that have the talent to build a car they are not getting them for 10.00 an hour, I can let you know there will be some great bodies on the market soon that can be bought either hand laid or chopper gunned, the nice thing is the bodies will be in STOCK and non of this pay as you go, if your budget is limited then pay what you can and take parts with you, pay some money get your top and window frame section pay some more get the next important parts, guys DON'T PAY FOR your dream by starting a night mare, watch all these guys that claim to do this or do that, I started my build with the full intention of having it on the road by Jan, the problem is just about every person that has parts either holds you up or are asking more then you can buy new for, the other issue NO ONE WANTS TO WORK, my take is if someone comes along and has the parts in stock ready to sell and none of this pay me now and see you later type business practice then that is probably a bit more lieget...

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 11:27:17 AM »
That's who I thought of when I saw the name, wasn't sure if it was the same person

KidKit

• Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • Some call it a replica, I call it one of a kind.
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 11:20:40 AM »
He actually looks like he is a member of this site under the name Armyman. I believe he had a post about trying to build a carkitinc body for 12,000. The pictures match up to the same pics that Armyman posted on here. Im not sure if he stole the guys pics and are tyring to pawn them off for his own or what. Either way im staying clear of this guy and will continue to read and learn about what I need to do to have a successful build. Thank you guys for the direction and advice. My wife would kill me if I blow this cash and have nothing to show for it.

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 11:00:54 AM »
1. its a free website. if he is serious about building you a car he would purchase a domain name.  Domain names are fairly cheap.

2.  the kit car industry is not a walmart, you can't do layaway payment.  you will never see that car ever!  The builder will end up spending that money on other things and eventually won't have the funds to start your project when it comes down to doing it. 

3.  He states that he is in the army, what if he gets sent to war or on duty for 6 months or over a year?
or gets killed in the line of duty? you will never see that car you paid for. 

I say just go find a pro in the business of actually building these cars or a good supplier for kits and do you own build. 

$15,000 will get you started, bodykit, donor car, few tools and other parts.  Budget out for 40k when nearing completion, parts aren't cheap.

KidKit

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2013, 10:22:48 AM »
That's the reason im starting to lean more towards using my resources and building my kit, because finding an honest builder seems impossible. Plus it's nothing like looking at a one of a kind car that you had hands on experience with, but you guys already have been where im trying to go.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2013, 10:06:30 AM »
includes 17" rims? :S

the payment plans are funny lol
stage 1 is simply buy kit (no work)
stage 2 buy donor (no work)
paying 5000+ per month for each of the stages
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 10:14:10 AM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

KidKit

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2013, 10:05:21 AM »
Thanks that what I thought. The price is what sent the redflag off in my head. I mean 25,000 with working windows, come on. Even Roblp builds are more than that.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2013, 10:02:02 AM »
Never heard of that guy, but I do recognize lots of those pictures from the replica forum's which is generally a bad thing when a builder is using our pictures to promote sales :-X.

KidKit

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2013, 10:01:57 AM »
Oh and im sorry just realized I posted this in the wrong section forgive me. Wont happen again.

KidKit

Has anybody ran across this?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 09:58:01 AM »
I am a newbie and ran across this while searching the web. After reading so many post on how the cost of a decent build can exceed the 50k mark I am wondering if this is even possible. Also do you guys have any suggestions on a good kit for a newbie to start off with? I am going to have a builder build my personal car, but still want to get my hands dirty and gain some experience in building a replica. So let me know if you guys have heard of this builder and seen any of his work. Thanks!

http://www.armyman8309.wix.com/armymancustomkits