The Forum > Lessons Learned - Advice to Newbies

what do i need to build a perfect Murcielago Build options ? please help

(1/14) > >>

Tallon:
got them from whiteracing, cheaper than lambostuff. only problem is you have to keep on the guy to get your parts for a month
I didn't want the intake vents since they look like they can be replicated

jamack:
Tallon great purchase for that price, you canget the whole set though from Lambo for about 1,800.00, there are parts that can be had for cheap if you look around long enough, my build diary will available soon for guys that are interested, I'm charging 1,000.00 a copy I mean heck it does show how to build a Lambo, lol (its free)

Tallon:
honestly the grills costed me 700 shipped minus the little triangles
much better than going with cheap looking grills that ruin the overall look of the car

am33r:
I just want to refine some of what jamack stated.

Non-OEM does not neccessarily mean funky parts! It doesn't have to be like you see it on CKI videos as some of the stuff they put on the cars just to get the car on the road are pure rediculous.

Look, if one pays $4,000 for the exterior kit then there should be no problem at all paying $2,000 for the full set of OEM grills and $1,000 for a pair of OEM Murci tail lights from eBay (If you don't like the older one, cover them smoke - even some real LP640 owners cover their lights smoke). Another thing is that Anyone can construct Perfect Headligts for their Murci 2 to OEM specs for less than $700 so why would you want to buy those OEM. All other exterior OEM exterior lights are $300 in total. There, that covers the whole exterior into looking OEM. A used Lp640 exhaust tip is $1000 so for the car to look OEM on the outside is less than $5K. THAT IS REALLY INEXPENSIVE and I think it is the BEST way to go and a person who wants to spend money to make an exotic car should not compromise such visible quality in parts ::headbang and that is what I bought.

On the other hand, if you want to worry whether the door handle is OEM and the Fuel door is OEM or the license plate light or the headlight sprayer functionality or exactly how many inches do batwings go up... Then good luck

jamack:
Guys let me say it this way, if you don't have the $$$ to buy an OEM car then you best to stay away from OEM parts has they add up quickly, there are some great builds out there that are not OEM style, as I have said on here a few times it all depends what your end result is expected to be. One of the things that gets me though is allot of guys say don't do OEM but then they are dying to get taillights head lights and such so if your not worried about OEM then buy some infinity taillights and do your car full custom, I say this for this reason, I have received many PMs kind of asking me why my build is being done the way it is, my answer is simple everyone on here builds their cars for their taste, budget and desires, my build is being done this way because of the level of performance and style that I am looking for, the car will have just over 500 hp and weigh about 2,500. If I was starting over with a build of a super car it would for sure be one of the race car replicas and that will 100% be the next set up that we do. Reasons, building a one off custom, HP potential, performance, just all the stuff you do when building custom..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version