Author Topic: what do i need to build a perfect Murcielago Build options ? please help  (Read 14834 times)

jamack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
I know that Cliff will not stretch a fiero or any other car, his chassis is 11,000 then you will need suspension and other parts, my chassis is custom all the way and when its done I will have nearly 30 k in it alone, the custom chassis way can be done cheaper  for sure, for the sake of conversation look at the numbers

11,000 chassis
  4,000 other chassis parts, brakes, brake lines ,radiators, shocks, fuel cell, etc,
4 to 5 k  wheels and tires
   6,000 engine LS variety 450 and up lower hp lower price
4 to 6 k transaxle, to hold the torque
   1,750 adapter plate
   3,000 wiring
   2,500 tail lights
   1,500 head lights, if you buy replicas and build
   1,500 winshield
   2,000 door glass
10,000 for interior OEM seats,console, dash basically the entire thing
   8,000 on OEM parts
  1,200 ac unit with control
     250 rear glass
  1,300 grilles
     950 custom shifter
     250 shifter cable
   1,700 custom cluster with gauges
   1,200 switches
   8,000 paint
   1,500 stereo
     525 fuel pump
    4,000 custom headers
       400 borla mufflers
       725 exhaust tip
    6,000 for body kit
       600 rubbers and misc parts
So you add all that up and you will be close to 90k, now I know allot of you guys will say oh we can do it cheaper or we can get it cheaper and that maybe true, I am just listing for the most part of where a top notch build will be, one that you can have great performance, looks and a car that is basically brand new when your done...

mogoes49

• Member Rating Points: +0/-0
If you start doing pats like those air shocks you won't build it for 40 our 50, those cost are 1,200 each with the controller set up is 595 so your looking at 5395 just for shocks.

it will actually cost more it will be about $8550 the air set up it comes with is not that great compared to accuair way more reliable
air cups x4-$4800
dual accuair and accessories $2500
megan struts lp $850
swift coils x4-$400 

but that is the best set up. i have that on my lexus gs430 with upgraded control arms and sway bars it rides like a dream even at high speeds hugs corners like no tomorrow its like driving a big go kart. on the kit car im gonna start off with only the struts and coils. the air set up ill add later down the road not that important at the moment. their has to be a line drawn.i must decide what chassis to go with either fiero or mr2 or go with cliffs chassis i emailed him waiting for him to hit me back. for me im a jdm kinda guy and i think im leaning more towards the mr2 set up because their are tons of after market parts for it and i have a plugs on alot of parts  were il save money and i can get the power i seek with the tubo charger from the mr2 and its cheaper then dropping a crate not by a lot but still save a little and have the reliable of a toyota 8)

not really any kit cars out that much that are built on a jdm set up. as said just tossing ideas back and forth let me know what you think also do you know what cliff charges for his chassis is it built good ? he seems to get a lot of thumbs up from the Fonz ::thumbup

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
eh that guy on ebay you posted doesn't ship parts internationally :(
He's here on the forum. "Camaro80". I messaged him and he will ship to the US. He was very quick to reply with a quote.
oo ic, what are you buying from him?

aeauto

• Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
A Audi transaxle won't handle the big HP. Count out a big portion of your budget of you plan on going with a transaxle set up. I've seen some aftermarket transaxles that will handle the power but they are $12k +. Not to be discouraging, just sayin.

The Audi 01E can be built to take well over 500 HP for alot less than $12K.

What do the upgrades include? Shift forks, bearings? I couldn't find many upgrades in the past when I researched the transaxles. How do they hold up to drag launches with 345's gripping the pavement? I'm not going the transaxle route but it could be useful to others to share your research.

You are right drag starts are very hard on transaxles but here is a company that has spent some time on the 01E
http://www.vsmotor.no/vm608-3.html

I dont know if Scott has delt with them but I know that he has seen some nearly 1000hp builds in his day

thank you sir for your input that's gonna help things out a bit if i do the engine swap :)

I make adapters for the 01E to be used with any of the Chevy or Ford V8s or the BMW V12 if anyone is interested.

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
He's here on the forum. "Camaro80". I messaged him and he will ship to the US. He was very quick to reply with a quote.

jamack

• Member Rating Points: +0/-2
If you start doing pats like those air shocks you won't build it for 40 our 50, those cost are 1,200 each with the controller set up is 595 so your looking at 5395 just for shocks.

Tallon

mogoes49

Mogoes49 I don't advise you buy the one on eBay!

"THIS CAR IS NOT AN EVERYDAY DRIVE" and "YOU WOULD BE A COMPLETE MORON TO TAKE THIS CAR ON THE HIGHWAY." That's what the listing says about the car on eBay.

You should just build your own! I remember "MrLambo" from San Francisco sold the most beautiful Murcielago replica I have seen for 45k (It went up to 42k on eBay alone) and this black one on ebay is not getting any bids for a reason  ::salute So yes, for $40K you can build one that is beautiful

i agree if i build my self at least i know it will be done right. even if i bought one that was smashing for 40k i would still end up tweaking it to what i want. i want to have a see through panoramic roof with rear lid cut like the avent style like in robs vid i also want to use the megan racing struts or ksport with swift coils metric ones with the exotic air cups with dual accuair set up. exotic air cups are the way to go. they are not like air bags that fail all the time these sit right on top of your struts and coils.even if your air system was to fail you can still drive safely around. you can have three presets to set the car supper clean ::rocker

Lamborghini Replica For Sale, Replica, Kit Car, Aventador, Lp640, mercielago

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Mogoes49 I don't advise you buy the one on eBay!

"THIS CAR IS NOT AN EVERYDAY DRIVE" and "YOU WOULD BE A COMPLETE MORON TO TAKE THIS CAR ON THE HIGHWAY." That's what the listing says about the car on eBay.

You should just build your own! I remember "MrLambo" from San Francisco sold the most beautiful Murcielago replica I have seen for 45k (It went up to 42k on eBay alone) and this black one on ebay is not getting any bids for a reason  ::salute So yes, for $40K you can build one that is beautiful
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:31:32 PM by am33r »

mogoes49

has any one bought from this guy in the uk hes selling murci kit and pieces http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140940734023

mogoes49

A Audi transaxle won't handle the big HP. Count out a big portion of your budget of you plan on going with a transaxle set up. I've seen some aftermarket transaxles that will handle the power but they are $12k +. Not to be discouraging, just sayin.

What do the upgrades include? Shift forks, bearings? I couldn't find many upgrades in the past when I researched the transaxles. How do they hold up to drag launches with 345's gripping the pavement? I'm not going the transaxle route but it could be useful to others to share your research.

You are right drag starts are very hard on transaxles but here is a company that has spent some time on the 01E

I dont know if Scott has delt with them but I know that he has seen some nearly 1000hp builds in his day

thank you sir for your input that's gonna help things out a bit if i do the engine swap :)

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
I don't want to get in a debate , but that chassis you posted has no relation to a murci kit car. That is a full roll cage with no door opening !!!

. That's a track car cage. It does not relate to a lambo build at all .

No murci build I've seen has a full roll cage , or airbags, or real bumpers , or manufacturer-level safety door beams . 

You can talk about how safe your build "will be" but as of now I'm only going by finished cars . My own and the others I've seen . I have a completed kit and acknowledge these cars aren't safe.  When yours is complete you can show us the safety features

Actually if you come to Carlisle you will see mine in all of its metallic glory,  you are right that is a race car but the point is that because YOU decided NOT to incorporate any saftey into your design does not inherently make replicas less safe than any OE build.

The car shown is a NASCAR chassis and was picked to show how over the top you can go.  In my car I have 1.25 X .120 DOM tubing for intrusion beams and front and rear crumple zones.  So I can say what is in MY car. 

but wait it isnt a Murci.... ::duh

Tallon

That is a carkitinc body
I thought that was a reliable engine for cadillac, why not replace it when it becomes unreliable or down the road if you're really that unhappy with it
I don't think they're asking a lot for 25k it won't cost a fortune to redo it
but building a jw kit probably will, and who would you get to do it, where would you get the interior? requires oem glass and door parts, etc.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:19:38 PM by Tᴀʟʟᴏɴ »

mogoes49

yeah i thought about buying a kit car already built but the descent ones iv seen they ask for a lot and i would have to change a lot on the  car to get it how i want it still.i guess it depends on what kit is on the car most ones iv seen lately have the kitcarinc kit witch i don't like the shell thing you can tell that the body looks cheep not trying to a fend any one who has one. more then what i got at this moment.i want the hand layed oem im afraid to buy one of the kitcarinc ones and be disappointed.

im gonna keep doing some more research before i start spending.iv seen the one on ebay not sure yet for one for me i do not like cadillac i know a lot of people that had have them and they are not reliable and he has a cadilac engine in it so....

i would have to swap that out also redo the whole dash and console not feeling it so i would have to punch some numbers see what my best options are. its alot of money have to be smart about it.  as for the people who keep talking about the 700hp not doing that no more i get it.had trouble remembering how lite the fiero is only reason i was going for that is because the dude at rtr exotics was gonna sell me that so it stuck to me its hard for me to see more were you guys are coming from iv never been in a kit car and dont know any one who has one so my point of view is different from most of you guys im trying to learn from you guys  ::salute