Author Topic: what do i need to build a perfect Murcielago Build options ? please help  (Read 14820 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
I'm not trying to discourage anybody from doing whatever they wanna do with their money. But you'd have agree with me that there does come a point where building a replica no longer is cost effective and buying a real exotic makes more sense.
lmao omfg how many times are you going to say that?

Not sure what you have against custom chassis' or v8 engines but cost has nothing to do with it.

You do discourage... all the time.

And I have every reason when a tube chassis build suprasses the price of an OEM car while a V8 in a Fiero is slow....

Cool thanks for the very detailed explanation!  ::thumbup
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 01:40:09 PM by Tᴀʟʟᴏɴ »

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
I don't want to get in a debate , but that chassis you posted has no relation to a murci kit car. That is a full roll cage with no door opening !!!

. That's a track car cage. It does not relate to a lambo build at all .

No murci build I've seen has a full roll cage , or airbags, or real bumpers , or manufacturer-level safety door beams . 

You can talk about how safe your build "will be" but as of now I'm only going by finished cars . My own and the others I've seen . I have a completed kit and acknowledge these cars aren't safe.  When yours is complete you can show us the safety features
Tusabes, where do you have your build diary posted to that we can see how safe your build is?  Thanks  Jim

I also think that this post is NOT a build diary.  Maybe we could have a catagory called "DREAM DIARY" or "yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is too, it never was, was too, no way" diary.
I bought my replica after it was already built by the prior owner. Which Is what op needs to do if he wants to come in under $50k

aeauto

• Liked: 33
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Even if you spend almost as much to build one as to buy an original the long term cost of a replica has to be cheaper.  I suspect that insurance, tags, and maintenance on a replica are cheaper than on the original.  Plus you have the satisfaction of having built it yourself.

Tallon

I'm not trying to discourage anybody from doing whatever they wanna do with their money. But you'd have agree with me that there does come a point where building a replica no longer is cost effective and buying a real exotic makes more sense.
lmao omfg how many times are you going to say that?

Not sure what you have against custom chassis' or v8 engines but cost has nothing to do with it.

You do discourage... all the time.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:12:33 AM by Tᴀʟʟᴏɴ »

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
I don't want to get in a debate , but that chassis you posted has no relation to a murci kit car. That is a full roll cage with no door opening !!!

. That's a track car cage. It does not relate to a lambo build at all .

No murci build I've seen has a full roll cage , or airbags, or real bumpers , or manufacturer-level safety door beams . 

You can talk about how safe your build "will be" but as of now I'm only going by finished cars . My own and the others I've seen . I have a completed kit and acknowledge these cars aren't safe.  When yours is complete you can show us the safety features
Tusabes, where do you have your build diary posted to that we can see how safe your build is?  Thanks  Jim

I also think that this post is NOT a build diary.  Maybe we could have a catagory called "DREAM DIARY" or "yes it is, no it isn't, yes it is too, it never was, was too, no way" diary.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 10:06:03 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
I think for wheels I'm gonna go with some lexani's or asanti's. I want staggered. What's the biggest wheels I can fit on jw kit? Does any one know? I've seen a murci  fronts 20.9 and rear 22.12. I'm not sure what murci kit he had. Looked real nice if I can fit that and still be low to the ground. Then I want that set up, if not then I want 19s in the front and 20 in the rear but now at days seems small. But I dont want to through off the car tho, but I also dont like having a fat gaps between my wheel base and tires. That just me, im young dude, some older cats don't like that bigger rims usually lol
I threw a couple periods in there...  ::thumbup

Tallon

That was a long sentence...

Surprised you haven't bought the black one on ebay yet

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
i think for wheels im gonna go with some lexani's or asanti's i want staggered whats the biggest wheels i can fit on jw kit does any one know iv seen a murci  fronts 20.9 and rear 22.12 im not sure what murci kit he had looked real nice if i can fit that and still be low to the ground then i want that set up if not then i want 19s in the front and 20 in the rear but now at days seems small but i dont want to through off the car tho but i also dont like having a fat gaps between my wheel base and tires that just me im young dude some older cats dont like that bigger rims usually lol
How young are you?
A lot of your comments seem totally unrealistic .

You also said you need someone to build it for you too right?
 I don't think you'll find any builder to build anything near what you want for the price you want

And the worst part is that there are shady characters in this industry who will tell you they CAN build what you want for $50k, but in reality they will just steal your money and leave your dreams shattered, I've seen it over and over

I still say just buy a finished car for $24-35k , enjoy it a while , see how you really like driving kit cars, and then do a drivetrain swap if you want more power.

mogoes49

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
A Audi transaxle won't handle the big HP. Count out a big portion of your budget of you plan on going with a transaxle set up. I've seen some aftermarket transaxles that will handle the power but they are $12k +. Not to be discouraging, just sayin.

The Audi 01E can be built to take well over 500 HP for alot less than $12K.
What do the upgrades include? Shift forks, bearings? I couldn't find many upgrades in the past when I researched the transaxles. How do they hold up to drag launches with 345's gripping the pavement? I'm not going the transaxle route but it could be useful to others to share your research.

Drag race starts will be hard on any transaxle so I wouldn't count on doing much of that with anything that is remotely affordable.  Contact Scott at Advanced Automotion for information about the 01E and the upgrades that he offers.

thanks man ill  hit him up hope he can help out thanks

aeauto

A Audi transaxle won't handle the big HP. Count out a big portion of your budget of you plan on going with a transaxle set up. I've seen some aftermarket transaxles that will handle the power but they are $12k +. Not to be discouraging, just sayin.

What do the upgrades include? Shift forks, bearings? I couldn't find many upgrades in the past when I researched the transaxles. How do they hold up to drag launches with 345's gripping the pavement? I'm not going the transaxle route but it could be useful to others to share your research.

Drag race starts will be hard on any transaxle so I wouldn't count on doing much of that with anything that is remotely affordable.  Contact Scott at Advanced Automotion for information about the 01E and the upgrades that he offers.

mogoes49

i think for wheels im gonna go with some lexani's or asanti's i want staggered whats the biggest wheels i can fit on jw kit does any one know iv seen a murci  fronts 20.9 and rear 22.12 im not sure what murci kit he had looked real nice if i can fit that and still be low to the ground then i want that set up if not then i want 19s in the front and 20 in the rear but now at days seems small but i dont want to through off the car tho but i also dont like having a fat gaps between my wheel base and tires that just me im young dude some older cats dont like that bigger rims usually lol

mogoes49

so after hearing back and forth what would be the ideal build budget how far must i take it a question only i can answer lol i just want oem exterior close to oem in side and 5-600 hp if the hp is whats gonna make this budget it nutts if i was to put 4-500hp would that simplify things or bit or not really i was looking at the ls crates thinking maybe a  LS3 6.2L Gen IV 376ci Engine what you guys think of that drop that in to a fiero i think i would be content with that cheaper and less so fast and save more money let me know what you think

Swif

You can by a great set on replica LP640 wheels in gloss black or silver. I know the person that has them at a great price.   ::headbang

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia

aeauto