Author Topic: what do i need to build a perfect Murcielago Build options ? please help  (Read 14821 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/general-kitcar-chat/11365-g28-build-part-s-including-glass.html
is the closest thing to a list for a g28 but there's too many to list, sometimes parts have to be hand made yourself unless you want to spend all your money on oem parts.
Parts are not the same for jw kit and not many will be able to make a list for it since none were completed yet and it'll cost a lot more I'm sure
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 07:07:10 AM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

mogoes49

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
im gonna email my shop im going through to see how much they would charge me for a custom Tubular chassis im gonna go with the jw kit i want a hand layed kit since being that is the closest to the oem as you can get i have about close to 50k to work with as of now but over all  i dont want to spend more then 75k. i was focus on getting the fiero cuz that would be way cheaper then a custom tubular chassis in less you guys know of some one who builds the chassis strictly for the kit cars that doesn't scam people let me know i know this project wont be cheap and i know its not gonna happen over nite but the cheaper i can find the parts and get this done the better i wish their was a list on parts in order on how to build one of these  :) if any one on here has the brain power and time to try to put on together list  by category would be awesome a one stop shop lol but i know every car is build differently well this should be one hell of a ride trying to build but its not impossible 

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Firstly, you did state "perfect Murcielago" and then you said Fiero.  An OEM close Murcie will just have to have a custom chassis.  This will give you a little more room in the cab.  A custom chassis can be fitted with Corvette C-6 brakes.  I would drop the ABS.  With a custom chassis you will be more able to handle a high hp engine setup with an audi transaxle.  Vintage AC/heater unit.  Just for starters.  This "hobby" is expen$ive.   Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
yes as chris said its numbers afterall. I don't know which fiero models are the better ones for this type of mod if that makes a difference between the 4cyl and the 6cyl fiero models. what are the common power train swaps, engine, transmission, transaxle, and best wider suspension options and things like newer steering column. After that things like windshield wiper mechanism, larger brakes, options like power steering, abs, ac etc.
I dont know if there is a guide on the forum with this info but seems like where one can start... of course read the other fiero builds too

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Question #1

- How much are you expecting to spend on a quality build that a shop will be performing all the work?

Realistically, on a Fiero chassis you should be budgeting around $50,000 - $70,000 USD (depending on options and how many OEM parts you will be using) or plan on $75,000 - $100,000 USD if you are planning on using a custom chassis or loading up on the options.

Every build on this website is unique and I would urge you to go thru the build diaries and read up on the different options that everyone is or are planning on using.

Chris

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
Start with obtaining the body and wheels first. The two choices for a Murci are between a G28 and a JW kit. You have to know what body you're going with first b/c the donor needs to be stretched to the proper wheelbase. A G28 has a 104" WB & my kit has a 105" WB.

As far as the wheels go, I think "Swif" has a good deal on a set of Hermaras.
-Jayso

mogoes49

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
what do i need to build a perfect Murcielago Build options ? please help
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 01:18:08 PM »
hello I'm doing my first build on a fiero.

starting it from scratch have a shop that's gonna basically build it for me. gonna bring them all the parts once i have them since i don't have the knowledge to do my self anyways.I'm turning to you guys for help so what parts do i need in regarding to this build as far as  Murcielago Build.

starting with  like ABS. Tilt Wheel. AC. Cruise Control. Power Steering. Windshield Wiper. Functional Gauges. And many other things you might want to add to a Fiero wide tarck suspension whats  size rims and tires that i can fit wit on this and exhaust and what size engine and trans i can fit in the fiero i want to have close to 700hp and with the big brake kit and lighting and so on please help so i can start buying the parts little by little as i go till its ready to be built thanks a million  ::bounce