Build Diaries > Countach

Finally building my Countach lp400s low body.....!

<< < (5/5)

bottlefed:
This is what Im shooting for..............  :)

Ohhh , and most importantly...The plan..! lol

-Lp400s low body styling, scoops, engine bonnet, wingless
-Corvette LS1 ,twin tubo later...
-Porsche 911- 915 transaxle
-Kennedy adapter and 450ftlb puck clutch
-Corvette C4 rear suspension, aftermarket coilover
-Mustang II (coorvette) front suspension, manual rack, aftermarket coilover
-Painless engine harness
-Painless chassis harness
-Gm style TCI steering column (black)
-Oem wind screen, tail lights, badging
-Oem lp400-400s grey and black interior
-Campagnolo wheels 15"

And I just found this interior and fell in love with it...This is definatly the colors im doing..All original including the banana seats ( wich I still need)

bottlefed:
Almost every young man growing up had had an eye on some kind of dream car.....Mine was the Lamborghini countach! Ive always had a dream of seeing one or even riding in one, let alone the thought of owning one seemed like a dream ....lol

20 years later Who would of thought id finally have the oppurtunity to own my own....Although I want a real one the reallity has set in that Im poor (lol) and will probably never have the chance to, soooooooooooo, a look a like is the next best step. 

After several automotive rebuilds, and facelifts under my belt, Ive finally deceided to take the plunge and take on the project of building a LP400s look a like...

Like I said, Im poor and dont have the moola as some to even remotly finsh such a big build, so therefore I had to let got of a couple of my prize toys to get most of the big stuff....  :) then do some sailing while I save some more.. Its easier to save a couple hundren rather than a couple thousand.

My Biggest concern (after selling the toys) was to find and purchace nice accurate body, a full drive train and the set of wheels I want, along with the front and rear suspension...I know, I know....wheels? Yeah I wanted what I wanted and I had to have them before they werent available anymore. + I needed them for track and wheel base measurments, and last but not least......I LOVE wheels, I think it makes the car  :)

Well without further adu... heres the start of a long, fun, full of pics build thread!!!!!!!  Please stay tunned. All comments, suggestions, help, and advice (good or bad) are welcome....

Heres a couple pics of my sacrifices........

And heres the new project.............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version