Author Topic: Car Kit Inc Murcy2 body  (Read 14588 times)

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
Re: Car Kit Inc Murcy2 body
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 02:02:05 PM »
Another "Cheap" option to consider is the Porsche Boxster. You can get them for under 10k.

Eitherway Cheaper than a Tube chassis.
I bought a 00 audi a8 in perfect condition for my tube chassis build for $1000, why do you think that everything costs so much and that there is only one way to do things? A lot of us aren't paying labor or buying things from stealerships.
I wouldn't buy a boxster for 10k instead of what I am doing. Especially since it's so much trouble to fit the body over it when you could easily build a chassis that it fits and would be more enjoyable to do so.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 02:05:22 PM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 07:37:14 AM »
How much does it cost to ship the John Watson body from England?  ::study
That would be something you'd have to research. The buyer is responsible for pick-up/shipping.
-Jayso

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 06:26:50 AM »
How much does it cost to ship the John Watson body from England?  ::study
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

mogoes49

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2013, 11:56:25 PM »
also people don't forget about the mr2 as i said in a other post its cheaper and better to do that because their are so many good after market parts for that car,and lots of mr2's  come turbocharged already,and the chassis can handle up to 700hp to upgrade the suspension is way cheaper then doing the fiero. if you were to buy a mr2 with out the turbo it would only cost you around 2500 for a turbo kit and if you want the high 700hp then you would have to rebuild the engine to handle it still the parts are little bit cheaper in a lot ways. but hey im a jdm guys just my thoughts dont beat me guys  ::pirate

LamboJayso

« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2013, 09:40:27 PM »
I haven't built anything yet but please bare with this - and as it helps the OP it helps the rest of us!

- Is the John Watson kit ACTUALLY Available?
- Exactly How Much?
- And how long to get one if We place an order today?
- How many hours does it take to make it READY for Plug & Play parts and for any type of paint process!
- (Given that the Fiero is easily upgraded to use advanced mods to drive train, suspension, brakes, Steering, options, etc.) Is there an already made Support Frame that welds around a Fiero for such a kit?

-A JW kit is actually available
-$7500 for the exterior
-About a months wait
-No kit car is really plug & play
-Any reinforcement metal is best built around the car on the car, not off the car
-Jayso

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2013, 04:04:41 PM »
I haven't built anything yet but please bare with this - and as it helps the OP it helps the rest of us!

- Is the John Watson kit ACTUALLY Available?
- Exactly How Much?
- And how long to get one if We place an order today?
- How many hours does it take to make it READY for Plug & Play parts and for any type of paint process!
- (Given that the Fiero is easily upgraded to use advanced mods to drive train, suspension, brakes, Steering, options, etc.) Is there an already made Support Frame that welds around a Fiero for such a kit?

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2013, 08:50:10 AM »
I'm still confused why anyone is talking about fiero's.  Post #1- building on a chassis works frame...
Or how someone can say "it costs X amount to complete a car" How do you know what something costs me or anyone else?

Tallon

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 08:20:06 AM »
Soooo.... I'm not entitled to mine? I'm not here promoting anything, you are. If that's the purpose then why are you talking about jw vs g28
#notyourthreadyoumakenosensethisisnttwitter
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 08:31:06 AM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

LamboJayso

« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2013, 07:19:29 AM »
Lol I don't know why it's so hard for you to ignore me. Again, I'm entitled to my statements and opinions. Please get off my b@ll$ & get back to building your car! Like Jamack said, ain't that the purpose of starting a build is to get to the finish line? #seriouslyman
-Jayso

Tallon

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2013, 07:00:40 AM »
No biggie if people still want to punish themselves with a G28. After all, it is a free country. Honestly, your car is probably the biggest reason why people still want to buy that body.

Several people have door glass for the g28. and putting maxima windshield on an oem style kit doesn't look right.
I didn't buy a g28 because of murcie-me's car. There weren't even that many pics of it that I saw at the time.

John isn't making them for anyone.
When you actually get the parts to sell I'm sure someone will buy one

The way John talks, it's very difficult to mount the body to the fiero
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:07:35 AM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2013, 01:46:31 AM »
800 hours is a low estimate

Since this forum started almost a year ago , not one single build of a custom chassis has resulted in a  finished car. Several builds have been abandoned or put out on the back burner

It is my opinion that the desire to create the best murci /custom chassis car is only leading to failed and incomplete projects and broken dreams . They take too much time and money . And it's due to unrealistic expectations from the outset such as it will only cost $30,000

Fieros are the ONLY murcies I've seen that have actually been finished into completed driving cars. All the eBay builds that are finished and driving are fiero based . Only jayso and murci me on this forum have finished Murcie kits before , and they are fiero based, jaysos new body is fiero based....I think this is pretty clear examples that its simply too tough and too expensive to actually finish a custom chassis build .

They approach $100k to finish and  Every single one of them has been abandoned before completion or is nowhere near the point of a running driving car .  The goal of a custom chassis murci for under $30k and in under 800 hours is simply not realistic . Ameer i know you were simoly asking how many hours just to correct a cki body but as far as the whole car-

Double or , more accurately , triple both those numbers (ie $90,000 and 2400 hours) if you want to actually have s finished car .  At the $30,000 and 800 hour mark you'll have a lump sitting in your garage and come to the realization of just how much more money you need to sink in, and that's the point where most of the partial builds get abandoned .

Not trying to dissuade anyone,  but you must have realistic expectations before starting otherwise you'll end up among the long long line of failed builds .
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 01:52:42 AM by Tusabes »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2013, 12:54:36 AM »
As Murci-Me said those kits will be around for a long time - they will actually remain hot till the end of the decade!

But ??? Murci-Me! 800 hours is five nonstop months of of 40 hours a week on fiberglass work!! We have 20 Murci builds here and at least 10 of those builds are from CKI, any real numbers guys?

Would 6 weeks of just fiberglass work make the Murci 2 from CKI worthy? And that is 200 hours (which seem like a lot of hours just working on fiberglass)!

LamboJayso

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2013, 12:30:12 AM »
Good thing I'm building a JW kit on a Fiero! One can ultimately be the judge on how well the body fits over the chassis.

No biggie if people still want to punish themselves with a G28. After all, it is a free country. Honestly, your car is probably the biggest reason why people still want to buy that body. But, what they didn't see or don't know is the amount of man hours you spent making that body look halfway decent. Hence, the question about the man hours needed for a proper finish.

That's a myth that my body requires more OEM parts than a G28 body. The only major OEM part I purchased so far that was different from when I built a G28 were my door glasses. Which came out to $1500 for both. Plus, I made the seller throw in door gaskets as a bonus. If I'm not mistaken, you spent that amount or more having door glasses made up for a G28.

Till this day, people building G28's/Mercy 2 kits have no source to purchase door glasses. I'd rather have the option to buy $1500 door glasses that fit perfectly. Than have no source at all of buying door glasses for any amount.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:32:14 AM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

Murci-Me

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 10:47:19 PM »
I dont think the G28 bodies are that bad LOL! Yes, the A/D kits are more accurate, but they are also a more expensive build as well.  The G28 bodies are going to be around for many-many more years. They are close enough to look good, can be modified to be even more accurate, fit the Fiero donor easily, and take alot of donor parts to save money. The A/D builds require you to use mostly OEM parts, and the fabrication of a space frame to attach all the panels to. They wont fit a Fiero donor properly at all and are best built on a custom chassis adding again to the build cost.
I think the G28 will remain the more popular build due to the lower cost versus the A/D kit.

LamboJayso

« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 09:25:36 PM »
Lol, I have no idea why anyone would even want to try and work out how many hours it will take to cut, sand, "regloss", & etc a G28 body. Why not just buy a JW kit and be done with it. #makesnosense
-Jayso