Author Topic: Reventon body  (Read 7507 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Reventon body
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2013, 01:52:29 PM »
PM and email sent...

Chris
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:54:44 PM by No Bull »

lamboreplica

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2013, 01:41:22 PM »
I've got some really nice Reventon bodies for sale.  They are very high-quality 1 piece bodies with nice OEM-replica interior pieces including seats, console, dash, door panels, etc.

Bodies: $6,900
Interior: $2,500

Email me at: LamborghiniReplica@Gmail.com

Sorry, I can't do any custom builds right now (2 in progress and still want to build one for myself!) However, I've got some kits available right now.
Lamborghini Reventon Roadster Replica Kit Car Project Video 1
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 01:45:51 PM by lamboreplica »

armyman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 6
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2013, 08:33:39 PM »
MM do you know where Jamie the guy from michigan gets his body kits from, looks as if he has a nice Reventon body kit.

armyman

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2013, 08:29:31 PM »
Actually comparing them side by side I see what you mean. Not even close on the front and the rear look a little more squared than the real one also.

armyman

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2013, 08:26:49 PM »
I mean yes I have seen them on a computer but in person I mean..

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2013, 08:24:28 PM »
Just Google "Reventon", there's a ton of pics of real ones all over the web.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:39:20 PM by Murci-Me »

armyman

« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2013, 08:22:41 PM »
Yeah.. I have never seen a real Reventon so it would fool me. Just figured I would post it just in case someone thought maybe they could fix/hack or sacrafice this thing..

Murci-Me

« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »
Definately CKI. I can't stand the fronts on those cars, they are just soooo far off.
Why does it have only 1 headlight opening?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 08:23:21 PM by Murci-Me »

armyman

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2013, 08:06:34 PM »
Looks like a Reventon Plug for sale on Ebay...  I think it's a carkitinc one though. But maybe someone could buy it and make it right, just a thought.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Repica-Reventon-Hard-Top-Plug-MUST-SALE-/261150606764?hash=item3ccdca05ac&item=261150606764&pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2013, 06:52:04 AM »
Wouldn't buying the kit that's already on the market be cheaper and faster?
I've never heard of any problems with katanas kit or service

A7X

« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2013, 03:05:59 AM »
he bought a raven body and repair most of the mistakes on it, made molds of the new body.

If you need a body, I can make you one, well just the plug for now I don't have time to make a full body.  I own a custom cnc business, I make cnc machines all day long.
What is the name of your company and location? When would you be available to cut a full car plug? Do you have any past work that we can see? Car bodies or other items you have cut from the same foam material..

Murci-Me

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 10:18:58 PM »
When I worked at Disney Imagineering we would just hardcoat the foam with resin, then spray a coat of polyester primer and sand smooth.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 08:56:09 PM »
My dream is to build a car someday of my own design and this is good information to know.  I need to get through this LP640 build first, rest my wallet awhile and then we can talk about turning a concept into a real car.   ::headbang

Thanks for sharing the process and cost information

Chris

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 08:06:35 PM »
it all depends on how many faces I have to cut and what machine is available to use.
If I have to put it on the 3axis machine it will take longer too do, will have to flip it two or three times.
If I use the 4axis mill, it shaves off a few hours of labor.  It cuts the first face, than rotates to the second face and cuts that, than the third than the forth and I just pop it off the machine and trim the sides to square.

Price ranges from $4,000-$7,000 depending on how the model is designed.
tight corners and angels means lots of tool changes and setup, so time is a big factor.

Never ever ever go with a scale model from and toy company, all those models have been manipulated to look better when they are smaller.  Tho it may seem like everything is the same on the tiny model and the real car, once it get scaled back up, the details will sometimes be bigger or smaller when blown up 1:1  your better off working with a 3ds model, from there you can tweak what you need done and its already to scale.

Yes the plug is out of foam, cheapest form of material to use.  use anything else is like going to the strippers and giving your money away lol.  Your using less material, but using alot of stock material to start with, most of it just ends up on the ground.  You can use clay, buy than your spending more time adding it to the foam, it takes forever for the clay to stick to it.  the foam has to be nice and warm not cold.  You can also use this blue type of clay, its a non drying plasticine.  you don't want it to dry out or you will be wanting to drop kicking the plug every morning.  But I don't use none of those, I just spray on a self leveling hard coat and be done with it, hard as rock in 24 hours and chemical resistant.

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 07:46:09 PM »
he bought a raven body and repair most of the mistakes on it, made molds of the new body.

If you need a body, I can make you one, well just the plug for now I don't have time to make a full body.  I own a custom cnc business, I make cnc machines all day long.

Just curious.. what would having a plug cost and what requirements do you have (CAD drawings etc).  Do you have the equipment to laser scan a model and then convert to full size?  I'm assuming the plug would be foam and just require a thin coat of plaster or clay before a mold could be pulled from it?

Thanks,

Chris