Author Topic: Car Kit Inc Murcy2 body  (Read 14554 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Car Kit Inc Murcy2 body
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 06:56:39 PM »

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2013, 05:01:52 PM »
How many HOURS does it take to fully cut / sand / regloss / etc. all needed EXTERIOR areas on a Murci-2 to make it ready for any sort of primer or paint?

Without having to worry about making it OEM or Generic G28 specs, just to clean it up FULLY with proper tabs to fit all OEM Grills and Lights (Except headlights). And to create and clean Exhaust Tip Cut, Side Markers Cut, Triangle Grills Cut, Fuel Door Cut, Mirrors Cut, Doors (Hinge, Shock, Handle) Cuts. Etc.

I am no expert, so guys please reform the question if needed to include the few missing areas that require the same attention. And let's answer this question for Coupe and Roadster.

Thanks

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 04:46:00 PM »
3% is the amount of starters who actually start a build and finish it.  There is no itemized list of the parts that will be required to build your car to your specs.  I have never seen two cars that were identical.  Some of us have great and multiple talents when it comes to chassis construction.  Others have less but more money.  Some have both.  And some have less of both.  Do your homework.  USE THE "SEARCH" BUTTON!  Look at all of the build diaries.  There is a wealth of problems that have already been solved by our members.  You will be surprised at how much the extra parts will cost you.  See RT's post in "Lessons learned- advice to Newbies" about what it takes to actually build one of these replicas.  Are you up to the challenge?  I hope so.  Take it slow and don't home in on a problem or a snag.  If you can't find an answer, then ask the question.  Most of us are here to help.  Jim
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Bamabluemodena

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 04:21:01 PM »
I too am lurking on here and thinking about cki mercy 2.  I am about 45 minutes from their location and am considering making a visit to see the products and facility.  I know that I will be disappointed with the fit and finish but based on their videos the endgame is get them on the road ASAP.  I am wondering if someone with a little skill and a lot of determination can complete a nice looking, good functioning car from their kit.  I want to have functioning windows which I am not sure is possible, I am concerned about the look, functionality, and safety of 3-4 inch spacers on the wheels.  I would like to have it watertight with as little wind noise as possible.  I would like to be able to hop in the car in 100 degree heat and be comfortable and the engine not overheat in traffic.  How close it is to the real deal to me is secondary as long as it is not the look of the mercy 4 or others in that close but no cigar category. 

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2013, 03:58:29 PM »
For the $$ it's a good body. That same body used to be ~$10,000 back in the day when it was called G28. It'll take some body work but it's all about the journey, not the destination. UsmcButler is/was selling his project on here for like $17k including everything with a ton of parts. I'd buy that up if i was looking for another project.

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2013, 03:57:45 PM »
Eventually, whether OEM or not, to advance-modify the donor (generally a fiero) it requires solid money and time too (Engine - Trans - Axel - Wide Suspension - Larger Breaks - Steering Column, Etc.).  >:( I don't know why there is not a thread detailing the 10 most common mods to make a Fiero more suitable - I'd make one if I knew all the details  ::toothy Yes you can drive it without changing any of those and change them accordingly with time, however if one replica on eBay had them done and another didn't - the one with the advanced mechanics will get $10K more. This is yet another argument to do a Fresh Chassis work.

rotarycraig

• Liked: 13
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2013, 03:08:12 PM »
Great point ikr. Great point. THAT is what should be spread in these forums. Enjoy this hobby. Don't sweat the small stuff. Drive it n improve as you go!!!

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2013, 03:01:42 PM »
Am33er, I have not built a replica yet, but I have done some extensive homework on cost of custom chassis V. donor. The cost factor to do a donor properly is almost the same after you factor in suspension upgrades and brake upgrades on donor, then engine tranny swap. ect ect. (It kills me to see stock fiero engine and tranny in a LAmbo replica. sheesh your defeating one of the MAIN purpose of your replica IMHO)

you could enjoy an ride a little, an do the other things as weekend projects ,big brakes , steering column swap , engine swap will be maybe 4-5 weeks , but your interest stay strong ,if you are driving the car.  Going all OEM style if the Budget is their is great. i would consider making a list of items that you want 100% or as close as you can get them, an items that you could live with as a kitcar.   
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 03:10:33 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

rotarycraig

• Liked: 13
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2013, 02:53:09 PM »
Am33er, I have not built a replica yet, but I have done some extensive homework on cost of custom chassis V. donor. The cost factor to do a donor properly is almost the same after you factor in suspension upgrades and brake upgrades on donor, then engine tranny swap. ect ect. (It kills me to see stock fiero engine and tranny in a LAmbo replica. sheesh your defeating one of the MAIN purpose of your replica IMHO)

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2013, 01:48:15 PM »
I agree its a matter of how happy with it you may be. $30K on a donor seems fine. But a chassis should cost more Time & Money!

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2013, 01:35:41 PM »
A lot of people say no but it depends what you're happy with.. I edited my post while you were posting^

Robert

• Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2013, 01:33:23 PM »
I would like to keep budget @ $30,000. Is this a reasonable budget?
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

Tallon

• Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 01:29:47 PM »
If you have the money to buy every oem part you can make it as close as you want :)

Depends what you think is close to oem interior. Do you mind the interior cki offers, look at their finished pics.
A lot of us toss it and look for better parts elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 01:34:34 PM by Tᴀʟʟá´É´ »

Robert

• Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 01:21:06 PM »
I would like to keep it as close to OEM as possible. Thank You for all of your replies!
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 12:23:46 PM »
Robert, please let us know if you are building an OEM Exterior / Ineterior? And how much work you need finished on the body's Exterior / Interior?