How To - Tips > Steering / Suspension

coil overs naerc

<< < (2/3) > >>

Murci-Me:
I have the NAERC wide track suspension kit on my build, and even though I love the geometry (had to do a few modifications though), the coilover springs supplied with the kit are way to soft. The front isnt so bad, but the rear is way to soft, to much travel. JDinner, could you suggest a replacement spring for me that will fit?

Graeme Stebbing:
Thanks Jim that makes it clear. I am trying to use the OEM Toyota air shocks in my project and they are about 630mm extended so some design changes for the top mounting points and the lower arms will be needed, the other issue I face is that the OEM shocks for the front of my donor are much harder than the rears, the fronts have an eye and the rears a u shaped mount, assuming the shocks need to be swapped front for rear so the beefy ones are in the rear for the weight of the motor, then the lower mounts will need to be swapped, which raises the question of how do you weld the swapped mounts on without loosing the nitrogen in the shocks any thoughts.
Regards
Lambo

jdinner:
The suspension travel on the front is about 3" total. 1" up and 2" down.
The tire was hitting the door hinge on my red roadster with the springs that the plans called for.

Graeme Stebbing:
Hi Jim would that setup give you 3" bump and about an inch of droop if so would an inch of droop be enough. Are you suggesting that the travel on the Nearc is not enough hence your comment
"If you decide to use the front coil springs that the plans call for make sure it is easy for you to change them later. You will".
regards
Lambo

jdinner:

--- Quote from: SchulzeA on April 12, 2013, 10:26:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: jdinner on April 12, 2013, 04:55:02 AM ---The shocks are close to 10" compressed and 14" extended.
The coil springs that I used are 4 of 250# X 11" for the rear.
2 of 450# X 10" for the front.

--- End quote ---
How does your car ride with those spring rates? I'm thinking my fronts at #275 each
will be way to soft...  ::study

--- End quote ---

It rides perfect now. The suspension would crash and bang with the softer springs. Now it is smooth and has a great ride.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version