Author Topic: Possible Door Glass for a G28 Coupe  (Read 6224 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Possible Door Glass for a G28 Coupe
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 09:59:10 PM »
Here is what I have found... Although this wont be perfect for everybody @ $40 dollars a window i'm going to play with this. Its very close way better then spending $1,500 to have custom glass made and no guarantee it will even fit any better

Their are a few things that stick out to me; one, the top of the glass is slightly to tall, two, the front track will have to me made at a angle some how and 3 unless you can figure out how to cut about 3" off the bottom the window will not go all the way down...

In conclusion with the few issues it does have I would like to see about having the bottom cut and the side of the glass trimmed straight. To each his own, wanna do it fine, don't fine but for the money this is worth every cent to try. Big props to Jay for noticing this ::headbang

Dustin
 ::LAMBO

LOL seriously? Custom glass will fit exactly as you design it, unless you dont know how to make a template of what you need.

No offence, i'm just sayin'........................ ::beers

pslim337

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 3
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 05:43:08 PM »
shed im in need real glass ::headbang

Jets303

• Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 02:14:10 PM »
The overall shape and size look fairly close. The problem you will encounter is the 3 areas (that I can see) that need to be trimmed. You CAN NOT cut tempered glass. Period. I tried to score then cut. Shattered. I used a wet diamong tip. Shattered. I used sand blasting. Worked good then shattered on its own. I tried water jetting. Worked then shattered on its own sitting on a bench!

Im using MM's glass and it fits the G28 window opening very well. Aside from the inch of window sticking out of the top, the glass is perfect. My advice is to find 4-5 people who are ready and commited to an order and get with Mike. Im sure if you guys are ready with the cash to cover shipping and time, Mike will help.

satinta

• Liked: 12
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 11:43:53 AM »
I remember reading about 4dr Nissan Altima rear door glass,, 2004 ish??  Basically the right rear glass goes on the G28 left side and left rear glass goes on the right side.

Sorry I can't find the posts about it right now

Robert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 10:26:59 AM »
That's odd they would have that bottom middle hang like that. Check other years of the Tiburon if you can, to see if they're all like that. If you could cut it, then it would be perfect. But, everyone always says tempered glass can't be cut. If you manage to pull it off, you'd be the first.
Has anyone tried corvette glass?????
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 09:05:14 AM »
That's odd they would have that bottom middle hang like that. Check other years of the Tiburon if you can, to see if they're all like that. If you could cut it, then it would be perfect. But, everyone always says tempered glass can't be cut. If you manage to pull it off, you'd be the first.
-Jayso

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 08:45:25 AM »
Few more pictures  ::thumbup

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 08:44:19 AM »
Here is what I have found... Although this wont be perfect for everybody @ $40 dollars a window i'm going to play with this. Its very close way better then spending $1,500 to have custom glass made and no guarantee it will even fit any better

Their are a few things that stick out to me; one, the top of the glass is slightly to tall, two, the front track will have to me made at a angle some how and 3 unless you can figure out how to cut about 3" off the bottom the window will not go all the way down...

In conclusion with the few issues it does have I would like to see about having the bottom cut and the side of the glass trimmed straight. To each his own, wanna do it fine, don't fine but for the money this is worth every cent to try. Big props to Jay for noticing this ::headbang

Dustin
 ::LAMBO

Murci-Me

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 12:24:21 AM »
I dont know what happened to that, it wasnt up to me. I offered the glass, thats all I can do. I dont even make 1 penny off the deal, but people seem to think its to expensive. You get what you pay for I guess LOL!
Yes thats close, but the front angle makes it a very hard install job.

LamboJayso

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 12:09:20 AM »
Whatever happened to this group buy? I'm not surprised it never amounted to anything.
http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=265.15

Of course it's not matching curvature as the Murci b/c the glass wasn't designed for the G28. But, it is workable that's for sure.
-Jayso

Murci-Me

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 12:03:12 AM »
I did look at the picture again, and if thats what you call "fitting" the go for it. It has the wrong curve at the top, and angled at the front edge. I doubt it even the right curvature either.

Murci-Me

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2013, 11:58:54 PM »
So naive.......
What glass did I use? What about Jets303? What about Bocelli? What about other people with working door glass?

LamboJayso

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »
Here are your options for door glass if you are building a G28:
-No glass
-Tiburon glass
-Plexi glass

& that is it. I'd rather go with the Tiburon glass over the plexi or no glass. & it does fit the opening entirely. Check out the pic again.
-Jayso

Murci-Me

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 11:35:19 PM »
That will work on a Hyundai, but not on these lambo doors. They dont use a front track system, just a rear guide. Besides, the glass doesnt even fit the opening.
Sure, you an use Mark Clapp if you want plexi windows, I think even IKR offers those also. Most people want tempered glass though, its more soundproof, easy to clean, looks better, is safer and so on.
Keep looking for a donor glass that "might" work though, and let us all know what you come up with. I did that search 7 years ago and didnt find anything close, but then again I didn't want something "close", I wanted something that fit like it was supposed to.

LamboJayso

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 09:54:12 PM »
LOL wont matter, huh? How are you gonna run window tracks for this glass to slide up and down when the vertical edges or the glass are not parallel (simple geometry)?
No better option? What type of glass did I use? What type of glass did Jets303  and six other builders use use?

I guess you'd use the same window tracks Hyundai used in their cars  ::salute. (simple common sense)?
-Jayso