Author Topic: The last few hours of her life as an MR2  (Read 2415 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: The last few hours of her life as an MR2
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »
Wow I'm excited for you, good job  ::thumbup
Pedro

am33r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2013, 11:25:11 PM »
Thanks Mitch. You're def an inspiration.

Yes it had high miles but I changed all gaskets, spark plugs, distributor, Now new fluids including ac. new radiator, and I will have new shiny slotted & drilled rotors and new pads. Full service for the car before the build.

All the pipes under the car are off now I will extend them separately then put them back at the correct length. I have yet to cut anything.

A new engine is $1000 and they are widely available from many camry's if needed after a ton of miles in the future.

The build starts after the car is perfect on the road again by maybe Tuesday.

I love the MR2 and I will make sure it's a happy car.

Btw I designed a support frame but I'm thinking of making the kit into separate clamshells.

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 10:20:05 PM »
Good to see you getting it started.  Cant wait. 

I drove my MR2 for about 2 months before I began the project.   Got all the "bugs" out and made sure it was ready for what I had in store.   I fell in love with the MR2 in that time.  I kept the tops off the whole time and drove it to work and everywhere....Put about 3500 miles on her really quick.  The MR2 is a great car and a great platform.  Very quick and agile too for what it is.    Now that I have the body all finished up and my Lambo is secure...I still put her on the road every once in a while...just to keep her strong and right.  Only in my back roads neighborhood of course.

Its gonna take some time to get this project done am33r....make sure you prep up the engine for a "dormant" period before you get into it.   It could be a while before you get to restart her.  Just a tip!

Mitch
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 06:35:11 PM »
Yea had the elise since 06 if I get the  ::LAMBO Inferno on the road the elise will get a rest for a while  :)

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2013, 06:33:40 PM »
Lotus Elise next to it ? Nice !!!

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 06:20:22 PM »
Took a few pics in my driveway. Hood up, headligts and front bumper are first to go ::wave goodbye MR2

Pic 3 is today. All gutted and Stripped. Disconnected every wire to the last oone.  If you trace the wires they all end up at a harness of some function - Well, one center console wire ends up screwed to the Starter - including that one: ALL CAN BE DISCONNECTED  ::rocker Nothing left to move aside when cutting.

Then in the last pic - for now the Gear machanism will be disconnected as a whole (will be extended after the stretch).

Monday I will Start the Build officially - I just thought I'll add ONE WHOLE DAY of work before the day I started the build  ::bounce and for the next 5 days I will not work on it.

Also, I will have a build diary on MM seeing this is not a Murcielago clone but rather a random G28 Build
« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 06:22:33 PM by am33r »

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 09:18:17 PM »
I'll post some tomorrow. I don't know if I should make a build diary here seeing I'm not exactly building a replica!

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 09:09:49 PM »
Pics ??

am33r

• YOLO
The last few hours of her life as an MR2
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2013, 08:11:37 PM »
 ::wave

I wanted to drive my 95 MR2 one last time before I dismantle it this coming week and Stretch its body, the next time it rides the road it will be a whole different animal.

10 minutes into driving her I realized for the hundredth time that only a crazy man would turn a car so amazing like an MR2 into a silly replica of anything... But this mr2 is beat up in every corner and has a dent on every surface - to make it a clean looking MR2 requires $10k even its interior and wheels are on their last legs.

However, her heart is so strong and responsive as if she's never been hurt - and I believe in her passion and strength.  I pushed her pedals and dove her crazy one last time. I skidded in every parking lot I got into. She is 18 years old now and it's time she runs free from small wheels and modest looks; it's time she turns into her future form.

She was born a unique one and will continue to be a unique one as well.
In 1995 they only shipped 270 of those to North America as their last year here.  I will not turn her into another replica and she will imitate no one.

::beers cheers mr2 I will see you when you're back from your metamorphism
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:14:18 PM by am33r »