The Forum > Faked or Factory?

The last few hours of her life as an MR2

(1/2) > >>

autopro:
Wow I'm excited for you, good job  ::thumbup

am33r:
Thanks Mitch. You're def an inspiration.

Yes it had high miles but I changed all gaskets, spark plugs, distributor, Now new fluids including ac. new radiator, and I will have new shiny slotted & drilled rotors and new pads. Full service for the car before the build.

All the pipes under the car are off now I will extend them separately then put them back at the correct length. I have yet to cut anything.

A new engine is $1000 and they are widely available from many camry's if needed after a ton of miles in the future.

The build starts after the car is perfect on the road again by maybe Tuesday.

I love the MR2 and I will make sure it's a happy car.

Btw I designed a support frame but I'm thinking of making the kit into separate clamshells.

MDMurcy2:
Good to see you getting it started.  Cant wait. 

I drove my MR2 for about 2 months before I began the project.   Got all the "bugs" out and made sure it was ready for what I had in store.   I fell in love with the MR2 in that time.  I kept the tops off the whole time and drove it to work and everywhere....Put about 3500 miles on her really quick.  The MR2 is a great car and a great platform.  Very quick and agile too for what it is.    Now that I have the body all finished up and my Lambo is secure...I still put her on the road every once in a while...just to keep her strong and right.  Only in my back roads neighborhood of course.

Its gonna take some time to get this project done am33r....make sure you prep up the engine for a "dormant" period before you get into it.   It could be a while before you get to restart her.  Just a tip!

Mitch

am33r:
Yea had the elise since 06 if I get the  ::LAMBO Inferno on the road the elise will get a rest for a while  :)

Tusabes:
Lotus Elise next to it ? Nice !!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version