The Forum > Faked or Factory?

The last few hours of her life as an MR2

<< < (2/2)

am33r:
Took a few pics in my driveway. Hood up, headligts and front bumper are first to go ::wave goodbye MR2

Pic 3 is today. All gutted and Stripped. Disconnected every wire to the last oone.  If you trace the wires they all end up at a harness of some function - Well, one center console wire ends up screwed to the Starter - including that one: ALL CAN BE DISCONNECTED  ::rocker Nothing left to move aside when cutting.

Then in the last pic - for now the Gear machanism will be disconnected as a whole (will be extended after the stretch).

Monday I will Start the Build officially - I just thought I'll add ONE WHOLE DAY of work before the day I started the build  ::bounce and for the next 5 days I will not work on it.

Also, I will have a build diary on MM seeing this is not a Murcielago clone but rather a random G28 Build

am33r:
I'll post some tomorrow. I don't know if I should make a build diary here seeing I'm not exactly building a replica!

Tusabes:
Pics ??

am33r:
 ::wave

I wanted to drive my 95 MR2 one last time before I dismantle it this coming week and Stretch its body, the next time it rides the road it will be a whole different animal.

10 minutes into driving her I realized for the hundredth time that only a crazy man would turn a car so amazing like an MR2 into a silly replica of anything... But this mr2 is beat up in every corner and has a dent on every surface - to make it a clean looking MR2 requires $10k even its interior and wheels are on their last legs.

However, her heart is so strong and responsive as if she's never been hurt - and I believe in her passion and strength.  I pushed her pedals and dove her crazy one last time. I skidded in every parking lot I got into. She is 18 years old now and it's time she runs free from small wheels and modest looks; it's time she turns into her future form.

She was born a unique one and will continue to be a unique one as well.
In 1995 they only shipped 270 of those to North America as their last year here.  I will not turn her into another replica and she will imitate no one.

::beers cheers mr2 I will see you when you're back from your metamorphism

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version