Author Topic: Changes to CKI body that are needed for a good looking build  (Read 1333 times)

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Changes to CKI body that are needed for a good looking build
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 09:06:44 PM »
If you've ever sat in a real Murcielago, you'd have to tilt your head a little in that as well. I'm 6'4" tall, and have just enough headroom to fit. I'm built on a Fiero though, they have more room than the MR2.

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
  • YOLO
Re: Changes to CKI body that are needed for a good looking build
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 05:13:13 PM »
I agree on the space used for tail lights. However, I am starting my build on an MR2 this weekend and I bought 2 OEM Tail lights from eBay for $460 each; they are not the LP640 lights but once I smoke them they will be perfect. Take ur time and buy two of those from eBay (:

I think for your second issue, I am also using my own interior but will not use the same seats that came with the MR2.  I tried lower seats in it (My lotus elise seats aren't as cushiny) and if you raise the body just an inch then with that too you will be fine

Bamabluemodena

• Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Changes to CKI body that are needed for a good looking build
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 04:12:27 PM »
After studying the mercy 2 H.T. and zeroing on the front end I have decided that the sag that Jets303 has fixed and documented is a must.  I have decided that OEM or not the tail lights must consume all of the space dedicated to the tail lights.  The OEM's are too pricey for me but I am considering other options.  I am going for a close replica but not exact and will leave the interior of the donor.  May or may not put any badges on it. 
1. Are there any other areas of the body that need to be addressed? 
2. The MR2 based Mercy 2 I sat in did not have enough headroom.  I am 6'2" and had to tilt my head sideways to sit in the car.  The seat looked to be about as low as it could be.  Is this something that can be fixed by mounting the body a little higher on the donor?