• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
Re: Hello!
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 11:32:12 AM »
Welcome!!!!!  ::rocker Glad you found us, would love to see some pictures of your cars or currant build  ::salute

Dustin

drew355

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 10:02:45 AM »
Haha! Thanks, wouldn't call myself an expert! Just been building a while.

I have a few builds on the extreme owners club website, will post some pics of the cars on here when I'm back on my pc.

I have sourced glass from extreme, seals are from various sources, some UK cars and some from aftermarket suppliers such as woolies in the UK.

I'm building the interior myself, trying to get a genuine rhd dash and pod which I can modify as little as possible to get it to fit the mr2. Centre console will be hand made. Door cards are modified from genuine parts (area infront of the speaker thinned to fit behind the mr2 door mounting post). I am having control modules made to display mileage and trip and other info. Also having interface made to convert the push button input on the murci heater control to mimic the rotary and slide resistors on the mr2 controls.
Lots of work but those are the goals!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 09:07:13 AM »
It's nice to have an expert kit builder with us, welcome  ::wave  Can you post links to your builds?  I am also building an LP640 that is panel based so I would be really intrested to know how you are attaching and bonding all your panels.  Maybe you can post a list of where you are sourcing your parts from like windshield, door glass, mouldings, seals etc.
Pedro

drew355

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Hello!
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:52:33 AM »
Hello, thought I had better introduce myself as I have been lurking on here for quite some time now. I have been on several other kit forums previously (same username) so some may already know about my projects.
Current project is an Extreme Murci on a rev 3 mr2 turbo. It is built almost ready for panel bonding (I always leave this till as late as possible) with standard panels. When finished it will have LP640 panels, replica engine, full replica interior inc dash, clocks, centre console, moved handbrake, copy aircon controls, automatic batwings and spoiler etc.
The build itself shouldn't be too bad as I have done a few kits before, its the level of detail I want on this one that I hope some of you guys can help me with.
I also have a fiero 308 GTB, Extreme 355, Extreme 360, Focus RS rep, Freestyle off-road buggy & 929 Fireblade :-) (and a 1hp vis-a-vis carriage!)