Author Topic: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"  (Read 129982 times)

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
Re: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #529 on: June 29, 2012, 01:03:29 AM »
No not at all sarcastic bro, that's just his signature thing to do for doors!

Looks real nice!

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #528 on: June 29, 2012, 12:56:26 AM »
Here's the front hood area

batbuilder

« Reply #527 on: June 29, 2012, 12:51:58 AM »
Check this out we saw at the McDonalds in LA.... A MBZ Mclaren.

batbuilder

« Reply #526 on: June 29, 2012, 12:44:23 AM »
Hey usmc-butler, the plan for the roadster is that lambo green. At least thats what it is now.Both cars are suppose to be exactly the same. So same 3800SC and rebuilt pretty much everything. I love the lines of the roadster and especially the rear deck lid. The stretch looks good and I will be pulling the body like the coupe and adding additional welding.
Onewickedsvt, sounded a little sarcastic there. But I am happy with both my RobLP640 cars. As always there were some frustrating moments. But Rob made them right for me. Being able to have him answer everytime I texted or called is paramount to me. There are always issues but since I got the first one with him I kinda knew what to expect. The body is very nice, the stretch looks clean and all the parts were there. Yeah Rob did my two cars right for me. Oh this one has the two rear radiators mounted and hooked up. Both cars were provided by me and both are 88 Fieros.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #525 on: June 27, 2012, 12:44:01 AM »
Very nice! Wish mine was a roadster..! What is the plans for this car?!

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #524 on: June 27, 2012, 12:09:04 AM »
That looks like a roblp640 special with that metal on the door!

Goodluck!

batbuilder

« Reply #523 on: June 26, 2012, 09:32:18 PM »
Here's a pic of the Roadster on the way home.

batbuilder

« Reply #522 on: June 26, 2012, 09:30:40 PM »
here are a couple pics of the BK knee rest and foot rest. One of my first sheetmetal fabrication and now we are close to having them installed.

batbuilder

« Reply #521 on: June 26, 2012, 09:26:36 PM »
OK I'm back for a little posting. First pic is a pic of the steering arms I had made for the Big Kahuna. They are one inch thick and the press that shaped them was massive. They have a design that includes a spot for the shock dampener. Sorry has nothing to do with Lambos

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #520 on: June 26, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »
Hay I totally understand ::tongue! Its your calling time, this only happens once every 4 years or so when a new Batman movie comes out! I love the way a tig weld looks, Im debating on getting a tig welder next week or plasma cutter ::scratch

I have to know ASAP on your axle situation, I need a set also and I am having all kinds of issues mating my SC3800  4T65E-HD tranny to the small fiero hubs. I have not purchased anything yet, but if I remember correctly you are running the same setup as I am. Please let me know soon as you find something out.

I know your are busy so just when you get time. If I need to change my whole rear end setup I will.

Thanks,
Dustin

batbuilder

« Reply #519 on: June 26, 2012, 10:25:32 AM »
Found a place to widen my axles by 7 1/2 inches on both sides. I will hold off on mentioning who they are until I get the axles back. Sending my second set of uprights to the machinist to have the upgraded bearings and 4 3/4 lug pattern installed. Also he is going to fabricate two sets of tubular links for the rear end. Ordered my window cutting stuff and it was the wrong part so had to reorder the right one. Got my patterns for the rear glass from Mark Clapp so getting those made today. Thanks Mark. Got the uprights off the axles yesterday from the guy rebuilding the transmission and transaxle so I can send the axles. And got a new lead on a painter so I will drop the BK gas tank off and have it primered and wetsanded so I can see their work before I commit to more. So as you can tsee I'm a little overwhelmed plus running a pool company. But I tell you the building of the vehicle is the best fun I could ever wish for. Its just a blast....Thanks for worrying about me...dave

batbuilder

« Reply #518 on: June 26, 2012, 10:14:42 AM »
Hey Dustin we suddenly got slammed with new leads and sales with the pool company. So been distracted there. But we did get the roadster and its pretty cool. Started to weld on it but got an event where we will be taking the Tribute Rumbler and Crimefighter to the premier opening of the Dark Knight Rises movie on the 19th 20th 21st and 22nd at three different theaters. My business partner has kinda promised the Big Kahuna would be there in whatever stage it is finished in. Even bought a nice transport trailer for it. SOOOOOo. Pulled the welder off the roadster and focusing on the BK for the next 23 days. Got the hydraulic steering designed, figuring out the rear triple sprocket drive system and welding up the whole front end as we speak. The welder told me to give him the next four days with few interuptions so he can focus on the welding. Its with a tig welder and I like the welds that look like dimes laying on their sides. But it is a lot of fricken welding.....

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #517 on: June 25, 2012, 08:10:41 AM »
Any updates ??? Ready to see the roaster and anything else you are working on ::wave

Dustin

batbuilder

« Reply #516 on: June 21, 2012, 01:15:54 AM »
Well tomorrow is an exciting day suppose to pick up another Murcielago roadster. Going to be on the road all day tomorrow. This has been a little frustrating road but it may come to a conclusion tomorrow. Today was one of the busiest days I've had with our business in a while.Got a little work done on lining up the outside of the passenger door and readied for glassing. The batwing framing is majorly off but its because of the re-arching of batwing to more closely follow the bodylines. I have to make the frame re-follow the new batwing arch but the hinges will have to be realigned. Remember please I am not trying to make an exact replica more of an American Muscle with European styling.  Also got the steering arms over to the Big Kahuna and they got installed. Hydraulic guy came by to give suggestions on the steering system. Next step is to get the body panels installed.

batbuilder

« Reply #515 on: June 21, 2012, 12:51:32 AM »
yes MurcieMe, Thanks for your concern. I think...dave
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 01:16:43 AM by batbuilder »