Author Topic: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"  (Read 128484 times)

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2012, 01:55:37 AM »
Now my impressions. Cramp, back in, yes its high on the cool factor but why so expensive....Why? This one had a back-up camera installed by Lamborghini $5000. Has any of these rich people ever heard of Best Buy. He even had the rear grill by Lamborghini that is a completely different with a little camera area in the plastic. So where did that original one go? I still need one.
The salesman let us start this one up. I have it on video. Guess that will be my next challenge to upload a video.

batbuilder

« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2012, 01:41:44 AM »
almost done

batbuilder

« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2012, 01:40:21 AM »
Hope my latch turns out looking this nice

batbuilder

« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2012, 01:37:08 AM »
yeah more

batbuilder

« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2012, 01:34:36 AM »
Still more

batbuilder

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 01:31:18 AM »
Yeah we were giving the salesman that impression. Eventually before I croak it would be nice to have a real one. But there is something very cool about building your own. Just knowing where ever bolt goes. Very cool...

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 01:26:38 AM »
Those are some good pics they sure will come in handy, thanks for posting them.  You should've just bought the yellow murciélago  ;D
Pedro

batbuilder

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 01:24:56 AM »
a couple more

batbuilder

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 01:22:10 AM »
Told you guys I like to post pics....Lol

batbuilder

« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 01:19:16 AM »
While in Phoenix visiting Rob we took a quick side track to the Scottsdale Lamborghini dealer. Took some pics hope these might be of interest to some of you....

batbuilder

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 01:15:13 AM »
Here are some pics of the 2001 Grand Prix we bought for a rebuild. Its nice to have all the connections and see how the engine is set up in the car. The Buick Riviera engine had the accessories and computer together but was sold to us on just a rolling engine stand. Had no idea this car had two two cracked heads but I feel the old guy that sold it to us didn't know either. We will get the new and improved heads so all is well...

batbuilder

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2012, 12:51:48 AM »
whoops I meant $28. I live in Northern California about 45 miles south of Sacramento. We got 2 new licenses just trying to have one less reason to be pulled over. But I have to admit with all the budget cuts we have fewer cops on the streets. Do you mind me asking if you have registered you Mercielago as a special construction? How do you handle the smog issue every 2 years?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 12:54:09 AM by batbuilder »

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 11:43:29 PM »
So Fiero number two we like to call Redwood car cause it was found in Redwood city is being stretched and fitted with a roadster body. We did get it smogged, registered and new license plates. In California its a $280 fine not to have a front license plate. Makes it hard for traffic cameras to identify your car for the fine and the fine not having one is just a money thing. State of California has no money. This is our old POS trailer we like to use to snatch donors. We put a nice winch on it from Harbor Frieght and that helps a lot on the big cars.

Where in Ca. are you located? Here in SoCal, not having a front plate is a $25 ticket (fix-it ticket), and all the cameras at intersections have been ordered to be removed by the Courts. I guesss some people took the Police (who monitor the cameras) to court about having to pay tickets based on a photo and won! These cameras are just another example of the Gov. taking advantage of the citizens until they are told to stop. I got a ticket years ago for going through an intersection after the light had turned red, but in reality, the light was still yellow when I crossed the line. I talked to a legal guy about the ticket, and he advised me not to pay it. I didn't, and I never heard any more about it. It didnt go to warrant, and didnt appear on my DMV record. Once you pay it though, you admit guilt, and the ticket does go on your driving record.

batbuilder

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2012, 10:09:14 PM »
Had just found out the Grand Prix engine we had bought with the car has two crack heads. They apparently are in an area where the material is very thin. From what we understand this is pretty common so we are going to upgrade both engines to these new and improved heads. I'll try and get some photos of where this is occurring so that it may help out fellow 3800 power plant conversion members. Not sure if any of you have heard of this but would encourage any opinions on this. The obvious about the motor builder might be lying is not probable since we have an friend on the inside and we have had this builder do some pretty impressive motor builds

batbuilder

« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2012, 05:02:49 PM »
My wifey had given me a Lamborghini Mercielago book for my birthday that had color paint chips in it. Harold like the orange and I liked the green for the roadster. The seats for the roadster look pretty aggressive too.