Author Topic: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"  (Read 129244 times)

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #679 on: May 11, 2013, 02:14:39 AM »
Ok so I've been away for a while but getting really close to starting the Lambo builds back up. Just spent a couple hours reading everyones progress and its really making me jealous. I'm in the process of finishing up three bikes we are building for Sturgis of all places. But I will be back after these bike builds are finished. I will be full time on the lambos. Infact I am having some of the lambo bodywork restarted next week. Here's a pic of my new obsession called the Big Mahalo Honu1

batbuilder

« Reply #678 on: January 09, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »
No I still havent received my revention body from Rob...Looks like I may have been ripped off. If anyone has questions about dealing with rob please feel free to contact me.
On a happier note the Big Kahuna is done, done ,done. We took it to the Easyrider Show in Anahiem. It came out pretty nice and it looks like we might be going on the tour circuit. All this keeps putting our Lambo on the backburner but we have to take things as they come. Thanks for all the off board support. Thanks for looking....dave
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 01:27:34 AM by batbuilder »

batbuilder

« Reply #677 on: December 18, 2012, 01:05:31 PM »
One of my recent happy moments was pulling this gas tank from a mold that I made. I have dupicated all the pieces on the bike in case we end up selling one or we lose a part. Here is the hydraulic ram with its mounting piece...dave

batbuilder

« Reply #676 on: December 18, 2012, 12:58:06 PM »
On the steering we brought in a hydraulic guy that deals with commercial hydraulics. He sized a hydraulic ram that has twice the capacity of the hydraulic slave cylinder at the wheel. Lines crisscross to the slave cylinder so that the amount of fluid driven to one side of the slave cylinder pushed the wheel to steer towards one direction. The hydraulic fluid on the non pressurized side of the slave cylinder is vaccumed out by the opposite ram cylinder. The cool thing is we were able to adjust the amount of fluid on either side of the ram cylinder so that the outside wheel during a turn, turns at a slower rate than the inside wheel.
The steering we call static because it operates with no power, just by turning the handle bar. On a future build of this bike we would incorporate a linkage system that would connect the two wheels mechanically. This would give better feedback to the driver and help whichever wheel was lagging to stay correct with the dominate wheel. Also it was suggested an electric hydraulic pump would help when the bike is not moving but the wheels are being turned. But for showing the bike and moderate driving the steering works fine. Hope that explains the steering. Got to get out in the garage to fix some damaged to the panels that occured during the molding process. Thanks again for looking. I appreciate the input.dave

batbuilder

« Reply #675 on: December 18, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
Hey Dustin, it was a bit of a bummer missing the deadline but I think things will work out for the best. We are going to show the bike at a couple bike shows this year and try to build a fan base. We have a big event in August then try and take the bike to Hawaii in October. The truck is being made for that purpose. We added a massive hitch on the NPR and are going to modify one of our trailers to accept the Tribute Rumbler. So we will be able to bring the bike and one car. We have a request to bring the bike and Rumbler to an event on the third week of January. That will be a long haul so we can see how the truck set-up works.
A major consideration is how to make money doing these car shows. We are looking into sponsorships but with the economy thats tough.  We would like to start the fabrication business by building a couple cars for clients this year. But our main focus will be to complete the lambos.

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #674 on: December 18, 2012, 08:30:38 AM »
Very nice pictures! Glad you are making some progress, I almost sent you a text last week to check up and see if you made it to Hawaii. Sorry to hear you missed the deadline, however like you said everything happens for a reason!

Bike is looking great! I seen you got the steering working, any videos yet? I'd like to see how you accomplished that....

Dustin

batbuilder

« Reply #673 on: December 18, 2012, 12:25:27 AM »
more

batbuilder

« Reply #672 on: December 18, 2012, 12:21:20 AM »
more

batbuilder

« Reply #671 on: December 18, 2012, 12:15:37 AM »
more

batbuilder

« Reply #670 on: December 18, 2012, 12:11:04 AM »
more

batbuilder

« Reply #669 on: December 18, 2012, 12:07:28 AM »
more

batbuilder

« Reply #668 on: December 18, 2012, 12:03:52 AM »
more

batbuilder

« Reply #667 on: December 18, 2012, 12:00:13 AM »
more

batbuilder

« Reply #666 on: December 17, 2012, 11:56:55 PM »
Wanted to show some of the pics I took in Italy of the Reventon and the Aventador chassis that they had on display. I hope this might help someone somewhere. I have gotten so much from this site and the members here. Thank you all....

batbuilder

« Reply #665 on: December 17, 2012, 11:37:11 PM »
Here's a pic of the control arm panels but I may need to get some help rotating the pic.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 05:53:37 AM by No Bull »