Author Topic: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"  (Read 128842 times)

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #574 on: September 04, 2012, 12:24:17 AM »
Did you ever notice how the Corvette lugnut cap is very close to the Murcielago cap. Just got to cut the cap down so the emblem has an indentation for mounting.

batbuilder

« Reply #573 on: September 04, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
These came out really sweet. Very happy on how they came out...

batbuilder

« Reply #572 on: September 04, 2012, 12:15:19 AM »
Whoops sorry about mashing up your name SchulezA. Got a little problem with my short term memory. Lol
Here's a pic of my new and improved motor and transmission mounts. They were re welded, powdercoated and replaced the polyurethane bushings with a teflon type bushing. two sets.
Oh yeah definitely on another Batmobile. I have a half scale Tumbler on process and a movie accurate Batpod in the works. Just time. Gotta find time...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:18:20 AM by batbuilder »

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #571 on: August 30, 2012, 11:18:46 PM »
"karma is real"- agreed!
I don't plan to mass produce anything, start an empire, but I don't mind making a few extra parts when I'm making my own. I'm happy to make some sort of contribution and see peoples build progress.

The mold looks good. I recall you molding a wheel to. Are you practicing for a new batmobile!?

Btw, there's  no T and it needs a C and E.  just saying :)

batbuilder

« Reply #570 on: August 30, 2012, 11:10:06 AM »
Hey SchulzeA, I totally agree.... Its always that 10% that can drive you nuts. I'm what you call an end user. Not into making parts to sell. Its a lot of work and hard to make any money at it. Plus all I have to keep happy is myself. i give a lot of credit to guys who mold and make parts though. Its an art I'm trying to master, here's a headlight assembly I pulled from a mold I made. It does give you a feeling of accomplishment...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 12:07:11 AM by batbuilder »

batbuilder

« Reply #569 on: August 30, 2012, 11:02:39 AM »
Hey Dratts, my nemisis is no big secret...murcie-me... Don't know why my buddies keep sending me these pics they think I'm going to like. Happily married for 24 years. But maybe its to show me what you can do with an airbrush....

batbuilder

« Reply #568 on: August 30, 2012, 10:57:49 AM »
Thanks Texas, worst case to date was a guy who posted my Rumbler on his site and saying he built it. Had my attorney motivate him to take it down. No my absense is mostly time. That was just a little rant. Thanks for the kind words. Got to run but heres a pic of the roll bar that goes under the humps of the Roadster. Its truely a work of art thanks to my buddy....Thanks again for looking...dave

batbuilder

« Reply #567 on: August 30, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »
Hey Tallon, the optimum temperature on pool water is 78. Thats coming from a guy whos pool temperature is 85 with solar. Just trying to keep the wifey and kids happy. But I also love 70 degree weather. Weird things happen with resin over a 100 degrees. And John W was telling me that humidity is even worse.
My pics are way out of order but I had a machinist buddy of mine drill the holes on the trim plates and I will attemp to make silicon molds. Hopefully I won't screw this one up...lol

batbuilder

« Reply #566 on: August 30, 2012, 10:39:01 AM »
Hey Dustin, its really more a matter of time management and business frustration. We all have so much in our lives and to throw a little Lambo build in there shouldnt take up too much time right? This is crazy time taking up business. If i could just have a week to work everyday on the lambo builds....Lol not going to happen soon. I do appreciate your words, no one understands the true depth of disappointment as one being screwed over by someone we trust. But whatever goes around comes around and Karma is real. Believe me we have thought more than once to just buy a used Lambo and be done with the building. But when a problem occurs I don't think there's any limit to what they would charge to repair one. My buddy had a 1990 Ferrari Testarossa that one day wouldn't start. He had it towed 100 miles away to a Ferrari dealership to replace an ignition fuse. $1200. We started giving him assorted fuses as a gag gift. I was totally happy with my replica testarossa. Chevy engine. So I know we are doing the right things building our cars. Hard part of the whole process is who to trust. Heres a pic of one of the remanufactured superchargers with the smaller power pulley of course...lol

batbuilder

« Reply #565 on: August 30, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »
Holy crap guys!!! Lol thanks for all the positive words. I'm in a stressful part of the year for my business ( the final stretch ) before winter comes on and the email asking about me finishing my build got me going. In a good way though. When I say "build it or die trying" I really mean die trying!!! My business partner and I had one of the best meetings I've ever had concerning internet marketing and I finally hope to get www.batbuilder.com straightened up. Plus clean up our business site.I've had a vision of what I want to do in my gray years and it takes the right people in the right places. These guys have ideas I didn't know existed so hopefully that will take off. I will definitely keep you guys in the loop. Again thanks for the support.
 Today I am taking the remanufactured superchargers to the engine assembler and getting a parts list....finally. So everything will be replaced including the sensors. Welding is being finished on the roadster and should have the body off around saturday for complete welding of the roll bar.Should be ready for the assembler by Tuesday. We jumped the Roadster first because it has a complete fiero v-6 with the Getrag 5 speed. The coupe has the 4 cylinder Iron duke and Isuzu 5 speed (weaker). So by jumping the roadster ahead as we pull the engine cradle I have all the new parts powdercoated and ready to go in. I'll receive the getrag tranny and transaxle so it can be rebuilt for the coupe. Does that make sense? If the coupe went first i would have been out of sinc on the rebuilding for the next car. Our goal is to get the motors in, completely running and even driving them around before the bodies go on. I may have to throw some plastic fenders on and blinkers and my makeshift windshield. Its exactly what I did with the 89 Batmobile and it was a blast to drive around. We can work out ALL the problems before the bodies are dropped back on, plus its fun as hell!!! lol. With the batmobile having fully independent transmission, v-6 mid engine design and 22 inch wide rear wheels I could not get the tires to break traction even at 45 mph turns. Its a weird feeling because when the car doesnt slide you get the feeling of going straight out of the car. Thats my goal with the Lambos. Quick acceleration, tight handling and dependability. I'm going to hold off on the rear axle extensions and the extended lateral links until the body is on since I'm so perplexed on the dang wheel set up. But we have worked out a cool idea on moving the rear strutt towers and lowering the car while not ruining the handling geometry. To me the wheels and tires can make or break the look and handling of the car. I'm still not sure of the exact turning point of the front hub assembly. But where ever it is I want to keep the absolute correct backspace on the wheel to keep the center of the wheel right there. That was done on the Rumbler and the Big Kahuna and what a difference. Again thanks for looking and all the kind words. I got a lot of pics to catch up on....dave

SchulzeA

« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2012, 04:13:50 PM »
"here" is Illinois. My pool is really cold now!
I agree with the others on staying positive. On the opposite hand, I've made several parts and bought items for people that "wanted it for sure", then they dissapear when the time comes to pay. Really pisses me off but I'm not giving up on people. There's a great group of people here that enjoy your build including me. Personally I'm kinda held up on my build and seeing someone else's progress is just motivation!

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #563 on: August 29, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
nah not him. greenmeansgo/jawad dashti or many other names he went by... was kitcarforums admin

dratts

• Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #562 on: August 29, 2012, 09:03:05 AM »
Who is JD?  The initials I connect that with is a super builder.
I hate to see that one member has turned you sour on this forum, as I've told you before your build was like my morning news! Drink coffee read batbuilders progress! There are always people out there that try to take wind out of our sails, just don't let them get to you. I would have given up 6 months ago when JD screwed me over, but supportive members and friends kept me goin and the rest of us are all here for you and excited to see some updates! Let me know if there is anybody this old dog needs to chew on. Take care hope to hear from you soon

Dustin

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #561 on: August 29, 2012, 07:55:03 AM »
Dave

I would side with Dustin and say that I really miss seeing your progress and I would think that many others feel the same. So don't let one person get you down, just check him off your list of reliable resources. You know as well as I do that the kit world is full of guys like this, but the ones that aren't like that are supporters of your build. Looking forward to some good old fashioned Batbuilder in action. ::sun

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #560 on: August 29, 2012, 06:59:42 AM »
70s too cold no way that's my fav temp lol