Author Topic: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"  (Read 128975 times)

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #619 on: September 18, 2012, 01:21:12 AM »
Hey SchulzeA, it was really nice texting you today. Looking forward to purchasing those aluminum headlight rings. I think the aluminum will dissapate the heat generated by those headlights better than fiberglass. Plus they look pretty cool...dave

batbuilder

« Reply #618 on: September 18, 2012, 01:11:48 AM »
Hey autopro, yeah but this is how life is. It would be nice if things were all professional and bodies were shipped out like clockwork. My problem is the run around. Getting multiple delivery dates and then nothing is frustrating. Hopefully Rob can get Joe to perform, I can get my body and we can move on. That would be nice....dave

batbuilder

« Reply #617 on: September 18, 2012, 12:59:58 AM »
Thanks Tallon, I appreciate the offer on the plans. Man I just love the triangulation of chassisworks tubing. I have an idea how to incorporate their ideas with what I have on my next projects. These chassis are moving forward the way they are. I love the roadster windshield tubing its so fricken strong thanks to my welder. So next is the engine install. The coupe chassis was finished today so its ready for paint. I'll be on a business trip leaving tomorrow to Hawaii until friday. Yeah I know its tough life. The coupe has a siezed engine and I think we have to fix it to finish the registration. Smog. So the welder is putting in some mystery oil in all the cylinders. It will get to sit until saturday when we hope to unfreeze the engine. Should have paid more attention to the smog laws before I bought this car.Its an iron duke so hopefully we can get it running.
Yeah I think all sales start out friendly. When things go great everyone looks like a hero. I think when there is a challenge like this its important how people handle the problem. I would personnally never work with Joe. Thats why it was good to have Rob as a buffer. I am still hopeful Rob can work things out. I'm pretty reasonable. I got a call this morning asking if I had problems with Rob and I answered the prospective customer honestly and just felt I would get this out in the open. Thanks again for that offer on the plans......dave

batbuilder

« Reply #616 on: September 18, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »
Well this is good. Robs here. In business if you do a good job they tell 3 people. If you do a bad job they tell 300 people. Problem is you cant advertise your way out of a bad reputation. This can definitely be resolved and my hope is when I get back from my trip Rob will have some good news for me. But I can't sit here and do nothing. I think Rob understands this. I have people contacting me through PM on my dealings with Rob and I don't want to mislead prospective customers that everything is fine and dandy when its not. Hopefully my Revention body which was 98% done will get to me soon and we can all go on with our lives. That is my hope.....dave

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #615 on: September 17, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »
It's sad that you have to go through this Dave, things like this should not happen especially when you are a good customer.
Pedro

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #614 on: September 17, 2012, 10:23:45 AM »
@Batbuilder, I printed mine out on a plotter as well. Ended up using 8x11 prints most of the time on the first frame anyway. Seemed easier for me to look at little prints. Guess I'm use to dealing with small things   ::counfused
Sorry to hear that your going through a rough time getting the revention body.

Robslp640

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 2
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #613 on: September 17, 2012, 09:49:04 AM »
Thats is correct i am running behind on his reventon. Also note and ill ost my text if need i offered all his money back over three weeks ago and he said no. Told him the reventon is way harder and ive sold them two lp640 and kept my word on both. Its nice to here both sides.

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #612 on: September 17, 2012, 09:21:54 AM »
Yeah the cw plans are awesome
Even though I had to print them out onto 4 papers each page and tape them together lol
had fun building it. I have used naerc plans in certain areas to make it a little more accurate to the lambo let me know if you want prints to any areas of that.

Couldn't say I am surprised, Joe has been known for this as well, probably why he works through Rob now. Sorry you have to go through this!
They seem nice when you are a potential customer. I guess that's how a lot of salesmen are, though.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 11:14:57 AM by Tallon »

batbuilder

« Reply #611 on: September 17, 2012, 08:44:29 AM »
Yeah definitely SchulzeA, have enjoyed talking to you off the board. I bought the plans second hand from the guy with the Diablo kit then I had two sets of plans printed up by my printer buddy so I could look at a hard copy. We had the plans blown up to a 24x18 print so I could easily read them. I have really studied them and have some opinions I will share after my trip this week.
On a sad note it looks as if I will start litigation against Robert Ward and his partner Joe Griego. I have already started with my attorney buddy that works with my wife at the law office on the initial complaint. I like Rob a lot and my first two kits from him came out fine but the third kit has been a nightmare. The promises on the delivery have been almost comical. At this point I cannot recommend anyone sending him or Joe any money. On the 21st it will have been three months, which is one month over due with no delivery date promised. I will go back and chronnical my dealings with Rob on this third body. Its really too bad because I like him as a person and I had planned on buying additional bodies from him. So I'm just turning it over to my attorney so I can move on with my life and let him deal with Rob/Joe.
Oh sorry to SchulzeA for thanking you in this post and dumping on Rob/Joe in the same post. Thanks for looking and all the kind words on my surgery. Everything worked out fine. Dave

batbuilder

« Reply #610 on: September 17, 2012, 08:24:17 AM »
I went with the aluminum paint to get the aluminum look and it really does look great. Special thanks goes to my buddy Gabe who did the welding.

batbuilder

« Reply #609 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:20 AM »
The pics were taken in the trailer ride home so I apologize upfront for no long shots.

batbuilder

« Reply #608 on: September 17, 2012, 08:20:53 AM »
Thanks Chris, I have really enjoyed the support and kind words from the many good members at Lamboclone. Seems I have been talking to many of you off the board and it has turned out to start creating some good friends. I wanted to share some new pics of the chassis for the roadster that I just got professionally painted. The painting was done my a buddy of mine that owns a bodyshop and is seriously into the batmobiles. I have always rattle can the chassis but this time I wanted the chassis primered and painted then cured in the booth. I love powdercoating but do not want to disassemble the car any further. So we got a good price for going this route.

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #607 on: September 14, 2012, 01:45:58 AM »
I'm really happy with the chassis works plans. You can't beat them for the price, support and detail with in each print.
The headlight buckets look good. Maybe we can trade up some work  8)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #606 on: September 13, 2012, 10:20:18 PM »
I hope you get to feeling better soon.

Thanks for keeping the diary going and I enjoy following along.

Chris

batbuilder

« Reply #605 on: September 13, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »
We were able to get the Roadster over to the paint shop to paint the chassis. I was going to paint it with rustoleum like I have done with other cars but these cars will probably end up in Hawaii so the salt is a big issue there. We didn't tow it there even though I have the tow set-up attached we used an inclosed trailer. So we built a jig with casters to support the body. Will make it so easy to do the fiberglass and bodywork. Then we picked up the coupe from my house and took it to have my buddies house for welding. We will make another rack for the coupe.
Had surgery on Tuesday and thought I would bounce right back. So yesterday I took a trip with my buddy to the bay area. I wanted that CD from chassis works on building a full tubular chassis. I hope to do that on my next builds. It would help to resolve so many issues involving the fieros. The CD is very detailed and has triggered some more ideas. I was surprised at how detailed the plans are and even show angles in degrees. The upper and lower control arms look very similar to Murcielago control arms. Well I paid for it yesterday I did overdo it and now I'm back on the couch.
I had a chance to check out this guys diablo build hes got it for sale for $12000 on ebay. Body was rough from Kitcar Inc and welding was little rough. Has a 3800 supercharged engine with the 4 speed automatic built on a 84 fiero chassis. Did a lot of work but not really what I was looking for. We were going to make an offer but it was too rough for me. Its so important to start with a good foundation and the body was too rough.