Author Topic: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"  (Read 128984 times)

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #649 on: October 29, 2012, 11:38:51 AM »
Here's an interior view of the Revention I have a lot of shots of this car too.

batbuilder

« Reply #648 on: October 29, 2012, 11:36:35 AM »
Here is a pic of a Lamborghini concept car. Its great if you want to focus on the driving and not your wife/girlfriends chatter...lol

batbuilder

« Reply #647 on: October 29, 2012, 11:16:08 AM »
Have a day off today. Spent the weekend showing the batmobiles. Lots of nice people and tons of kids checking out the free event. We purposely parked near the Halloween store so the kids could take pics.

Still waiting on my Revention kit from Rob/Joe. Havent really had too much time to tink about it but every couple of days it pops into my head then kinda gets me mad. I had planned on buying a couple more bodies from Rob but now it makes me nervous to deal with him.

Main focus is these days is the Big Kahuna motorcycle. Plans are to ship it in December so i have one month to get it finished....Good thing about this build is i have found a good bodyshop guy, a guy that does hydrographics for the carbon fiber look and went back to the guy that did my ferrari Testarosa interior like 10 years ago. He's upholstering the BK seat now. Still good and still expensive.

Gots some video on the guy hydrographicing the arm guards and the front trim pieces on the BK. He had a problem with the clear coating so he's doing the pieces over. Got the coupe chassis painted and it came out better than the roadster.

Got my website www.batbuilder.com rebuilt so we can move forward with our plans next year. I wanted to post a couple pics of the Lambo factory if anyone is interested in them. Thanks for looking...dave
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:33:19 AM by batbuilder »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #646 on: October 18, 2012, 08:33:49 AM »
Very Nice! Def on my bucket list ::beers

Tusabes

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #645 on: October 18, 2012, 03:20:16 AM »
Beautiful pics !!

batbuilder

« Reply #644 on: October 17, 2012, 11:02:58 AM »
Sorry I got to run my phone is blowing up, but i'll be back and thanks for looking....dave

batbuilder

« Reply #643 on: October 17, 2012, 11:00:16 AM »
Engines, engines , engines did I mention they had fully assembled engine/transmission sitting right next to the cars?

batbuilder

« Reply #642 on: October 17, 2012, 10:54:49 AM »
Here's the highlight of my visit. The chassis of an LP-700-4 Aventador. BLEW ME AWAY!!!!. My only though was you dont allow cameras in your (assembly) factory to see workers screw parts together with Makita drills yet you have a full chassis and drivetrain sitting upstairs? I learned more about how these cars go together checking out that chassis. I will report.   Oh yeah that is a fully assembled Murcielago hanging on the wall. Wouldn't that be nice in my shop!!!!

batbuilder

« Reply #641 on: October 17, 2012, 10:48:44 AM »
Cameras are not allowed on the factory tours but are allowed in the museum. Here's the real Revention I got to touch even though they say no touching. Yeah right like I'm not going to touch it.

batbuilder

« Reply #640 on: October 17, 2012, 10:42:51 AM »
HEY GUYS I'M BACK!!! But not really cause I have been buried at work. Got back from Italy on Saturday. Slept all day on Sunday. Crazy flight! Almost missed my connection in Amsterdam. Came back to Sacramento, Luggage went to Minnesota. LOL. Moving cars around and pool stuff.
No the painting was the chassis of the roadster. My partner picked it up without really looking at it and when I saw it a week later I was very dissappointed. Side note: haven't recieved the Revention body from Rob/Joe yet....They say its not done but a month ago it was 98% done.
Oh got to touch a real Revention at the Lamborghini factory and did their $50 tour. Lots to report especially about the "factory".
We are moving forward on the Bat Bike and trying to get it ready to ship by December 1st. There's a bit of a slowdown on the Lambo builds due to funds. Plus my mind is going in a hundred different directions. Took the coupe chassis to the painter and picked up the roadster chassis now I can say it looks great. Got the real Lambo wheel painted and it looks great for wall art. Have the painter finishing up my Big Kahuna gas tank and Lambo clock wheel. Welder and machinist are working on the rear sprocket and hydraulic steering issues. I'm sanding parts for vinyl carbon fiber look and powdercoater is powdercoating numerous bracketry. Webdesigner is tuning up my Batbuilder site and should have a completely different look soon with an internet store.( a dream of mine for a while.) So give me a chance to catch my breath and I will be posting those pics of the Lambo factory tour. Something crossed off my bucket list!!!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 10:45:05 AM by batbuilder »

SchulzeA

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #639 on: September 29, 2012, 02:21:54 PM »
Cool video. I never knew the egt's were so high. I'm surprised the exhaust doesn't melt anything.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #638 on: September 29, 2012, 01:58:18 PM »
Yeah got kinda a bummer today I'm taking the roadster back to the paint shop.y partner had bicked it up and really didn't check it out well. So I'm going to confront the painter with all that parts that were completely missed. He's either going to make it right or we will have to use a new guy. He has my real Lambo rim repainted so thats suppose to be done.

Wait a minute.... You already have the roadster painted?  When did that happen?
Pedro

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #637 on: September 29, 2012, 01:17:39 PM »
Its funny how I use to be such a ferrari guy but now I just run for the Lambos.

My guess is that 80% of the guys here started out "liking Lamborghini" but seen themselves driving a Ferrari someday.  The Ferrari has become more of a "soft exotic" in my personal opinion.  I think that the magic kind of died with Enzo and they seem like an expensive GM or Ford now.  Our dreams of cars built by hand and taking weeks to complete are now reduced to a car that rolls down an assembly line and produced in hours. 

Since Audi took over Lamborghini, the goal has been to take over market share by building more refined car.  In the process of making a V12 Super car as easy to drive as a Ford Focus, I just hope they don't over commercialize the brand or fails to challenge a driver. 

The feedback on the Aventador has been mixed.  Some reviewers love how easy it is to drive and others are let down because it has become too civilized and it's not a car that frightens school children or requires a "man" to handle it.  ::counfused

Chris
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:19:58 PM by No Bull »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #636 on: September 29, 2012, 01:01:48 PM »
Awesome video!

I thought it was a little odd that the speedo only got up to 230 MPH even though the car had no drag from the wind at the speed or friction on the front wheels.  If you ever get the chance to stand by a Lamborghini V12 during start-up (especially inside a garage) the sound will make you weak in the knees and you really feel it through your entire body. 

Chris 

batbuilder

« Reply #635 on: September 29, 2012, 12:58:22 PM »
Thanks Lambo_sam, would be cool to run into you there too. Would love to come and check out your ride. We go to LA pretty often.
Yeah got kinda a bummer today I'm taking the roadster back to the paint shop.y partner had bicked it up and really didn't check it out well. So I'm going to confront the painter with all that parts that were completely missed. He's either going to make it right or we will have to use a new guy. He has my real Lambo rim repainted so thats suppose to be done.
Also got to meet with my webdesigner. Things are not going great there either. I have another guy that is doing a better job on our business website so we may use him on the Batbuilder site. Anyways we got to get this thing improved by the end of the year. Business here has really slow down so we may have to hold on the Lambos and focus on the Bat Bike. I have to get that completed by December 1st if we are going to ship it. But the guys we met yesterday when we took the Big Kahuna to their shop can really help me out on getting the carbon fiber look on the Lambos. Anyways thanks for looking....Dave
PS no body yet from Rob....