Author Topic: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"  (Read 128929 times)

batbuilder

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Liked: 58
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Re: batbuilder's LP640 called "No Mercie"
« Reply #664 on: December 17, 2012, 11:31:44 PM »
Wanted to show where we are now. There's a lot of parts that need to be installed that are already done.

batbuilder

« Reply #663 on: December 17, 2012, 11:17:14 PM »
So the Lambos have been on hold as we are finishing up the Big Kahuna. I have three weeks to completely finish the bike for a bike show. It got more complicated because we started to modify an isuzu NPR to show the bike on. The machining of the rear gear system went three weeks over and caused us to miss our shipping date. But I always feel things happen for a reason so the new plan is a few bike and car shows. My partner has set us up for a few shows with more to follow. If you have a chance you can follow us on Bat Builder on facebook.Thanks for Looking....dave

batbuilder

« Reply #662 on: December 17, 2012, 10:43:54 PM »
Hey Chris, yeah I've had a lot of excuses and delays from Rob and still no Revention body. Its pretty frustrating but I try to see the good in people and hope Rob follows through with his commitments. I've gotten a lot of messages from people on this site asking my opinion on working with Rob and I have to tell them the truth. I believe in Karma and what goes around comes around. My partner is more of an eye for an eye guy.
Yeah that sounds like a lot for hydrographics. But I can see where the company is trying to hedge their price in case there's a problem. If you want you can text me and I'll find out what my guy can do it for. He doesn't do any work through the mail. Had bad experiences. That might be the reason for the wisconsin pricing too. Dave

Onewickedsvt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 18
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #661 on: November 27, 2012, 11:50:27 PM »
Hi Dave,

What is the status on your Reventon order with Rob?  I think you've been very patient and I commend you for remaining humble in your posts regarding the situation.  I also think it's important that others who might be placing orders be aware of possible supply and delivery problems that they might be having and there is no sense in adding to everyone's problems (including Robs).

On a side note, I seen in your last post that you are having some parts Hydrocoated.  My car has two piece rims so I decided to get some quotes on coating the inner part in a carbon fiber print and leave the outsides chrome (see picture).  I called a place in Wisconsin for quotes and they came back at $1000 for the four rims.  Does this sound right... I was expecting something more around $250 total but maybe I underestimated the cost.

Thanks,

Chris

That's way too much for a dip and clear coat.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #660 on: November 26, 2012, 04:52:31 PM »

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #659 on: November 10, 2012, 07:23:07 AM »
Hi Dave,

What is the status on your Reventon order with Rob?  I think you've been very patient and I commend you for remaining humble in your posts regarding the situation.  I also think it's important that others who might be placing orders be aware of possible supply and delivery problems that they might be having and there is no sense in adding to everyone's problems (including Robs).

On a side note, I seen in your last post that you are having some parts Hydrocoated.  My car has two piece rims so I decided to get some quotes on coating the inner part in a carbon fiber print and leave the outsides chrome (see picture).  I called a place in Wisconsin for quotes and they came back at $1000 for the four rims.  Does this sound right... I was expecting something more around $250 total but maybe I underestimated the cost.

Thanks,

Chris

batbuilder

« Reply #658 on: October 29, 2012, 01:16:56 PM »
Thanks Dustin, I was very happy with how the website turned out. Now I just got to straighten out the wording. I'm working today on the sanding of the foot and knee rests for the bike as we are going to hydrographic them in carbon fiber look. Then my next major project is to make a mold of the gas tank. I'm almost afraid to start since the body work guy made it so perfect. But thats my short term goal to duplicate the BKs body panels. Also got a 4:30 appontment to design the BK steering.  We only have a month to complete the Big Kahuna. Thanks for looking...dave
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:18:40 PM by batbuilder »

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #657 on: October 29, 2012, 01:00:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing your pictures and taking the time to jump on here from time to time with updates, we know you are busy with all the Bat building. Your website is coming along nicely also, I liked it on my FB  ::beers

Dustin

batbuilder

« Reply #656 on: October 29, 2012, 12:56:30 PM »
I found this video on the building of the Aventador. Now I can see I was in a small part of the factory. They said they assemble a Gallardo in three days and an Aventador in four days and they have a two year waiting list. This video really helped me understand what was going on in the massive Lamborghini complex.

batbuilder

« Reply #655 on: October 29, 2012, 11:55:29 AM »
This was the anniversary model. We were told the founder never saw these cars because they were produced after his death. Here was my first ride in a white Countach. I had completely forgot my buddy had introduced me to a guy that works on Lambos in Sacramento. The guy was really nice but man he talked ALOT.....lol. Anyways I just got his phone number so Ill see if i can visit his shop. Here's the ride he gave my son Patrick in his Countach a couple years ago. I got a ride too but we went on the freeway and it was scary fast.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:10:22 PM by batbuilder »

batbuilder

« Reply #654 on: October 29, 2012, 11:51:21 AM »
Here the countach. The design was so wild that when a villager saw it for the first time he looked in amazement and said countach which means WOW. At least thats what our tour guide said
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 11:53:03 AM by batbuilder »

batbuilder

« Reply #653 on: October 29, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »
This was Lambos four seat model.

batbuilder

« Reply #652 on: October 29, 2012, 11:46:00 AM »
Here is the car fashioned like a bull

batbuilder

« Reply #651 on: October 29, 2012, 11:44:21 AM »
On the second floor there's a lot of concept cars that were never built. The ground floor had the original production cars

batbuilder

« Reply #650 on: October 29, 2012, 11:42:15 AM »
Here is a shot of that Lambo SUV. I kinda like the look. Wonder if there's a kit out there for this car