Author Topic: CKI selling Reventon HT mold!!  (Read 5552 times)

apsara

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • Liked: 32
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-1
Re: CKI selling Reventon HT mold!!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 09:19:28 AM »
which kit are you asking about? reventon or aventador?

Gregdougan

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 12:14:50 AM »
I'm interested in the kit how much would u take

apsara

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 12:16:19 PM »
@BigPines

Yes I will offer a few kits for sale for those who are interested, I don't plan on selling a whole lot of these kits, just doing a limited number of kits.  Can't spend all my time making aventador kits, have to do other models as well

The thread should be under Aventador build.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 11:50:22 AM »
yes a new one would be better , CKI paid 14k for this as soon as it came out after working on it for a yr they abandoned the project and purchased a reworked roadster version molded it an after selling 4 of them they were back in the clear for buying both bodies , his other businesses are doing extremely well,he own 12 or 13 money loan stores,like security finance & snappy cash , so the kit car business can limp along if possible, it appears that they buy up any kit car molds that come up for sale ,so if things get bad the fiberglass crew may stop working . 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:07:35 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 11:11:19 AM »
Aspara, looks like you are correct. They are calling it a plug but it is hollow and appears to be fiberglass (and bondo). Looks like a piece of crap. I think I saw a plug you made somewhere (although I can't seem to find it now) and it looked much nicer. Once you finish yours will you be offering a body kit for those who are interested?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 11:20:14 AM by BigPines »
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

rotarycraig

• Liked: 13
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »
Aspara,

Based off your post and the reading of the current builds going on, your correct. I am finishing up my home built CNC (Waiting on motion electronics and odds and ends) and was gonna clean up the issues. It would appear that Im better off just completely doing a new design.

apsara

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 10:53:12 AM »
that will be the worse investment you will ever make! The entire body is out of wack, and certian areas are just way way off.  for the amount of money that you will be putting in to it your better off machining a new one with correct dimensions.  Trying to machine new parts for it, it will not match up with the body styling.  Once you do make new parts for it, say you make a front bumper and bond it to the body, the hood and fenders will be off and you decide to make new ones to correct it.  Than the roof line is off or is too small or to wide, so you make a new roof and so on and so on until you reach the rear bumper.  By the end of it all you pretty much have made a new plug and dump 6-8k extra in to it and have two different bodies.  One that you started out with that you end up trashing, the second is pretty much a newly machine plug. 

It's not a mold nor a plug.  Its a fiberglass part that was made very poorly and that is the reason he wants to sell it. 

For the amount of money that you will be putting in to it, I can offer you a fully machined plug for the same price as the listing and the dimensions will be correct to the real car.  I'm just saying, you have options, don't just jump on something because you see the price is cheap, there is more money and work involved than you know.

rotarycraig

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 10:27:53 AM »
Gotcha on the terminology. :D Thanks bud.  ::beers Yes that is CKI. They are also selling a roadster body, a complete Diablo, Murcy-4 mustang and other stuff. Wonder if they are going under in the car kit industry.

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:27 AM »
This looks like a plug, not a mold. The plug is used to make a mold which can then be used to make a part. Sounds like an expensive proposition given they want $6,000 just for the plug.

Also, is seller pinkclean7 on eBay, CKI?

Mike
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

rotarycraig