Author Topic: Am33r's Inferno Roadster  (Read 38510 times)

Transcend

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 4
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Am33r's Inferno Roadster
« Reply #96 on: July 02, 2013, 06:44:00 PM »
Hahah xool color rim but rediculous spokes! Those rims are the first step in making a honda replica out of a gallardo

Those spokes are actually same as the stock LP540 Gallardo rims

am33r

• Liked: 37
  • YOLO
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2013, 05:38:37 PM »
Are you going to be ready for paint soon? :D

I want to be done building it in 5 weeks on the day 100 of the build - is that what you're asking  ::wave otherwise NO I will need about a month of sanding after that to get it to the Primer booth (:

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2013, 04:36:47 PM »
I get an error when trying to play the video for some reason.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Transcend

« Reply #93 on: July 02, 2013, 04:28:08 PM »
Ahahah, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Are you going to be ready for paint soon? :D

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #92 on: July 02, 2013, 03:34:27 PM »
Hahah xool color rim but rediculous spokes! Those rims are the first step in making a honda replica out of a gallardo

Transcend

« Reply #91 on: July 02, 2013, 03:24:18 PM »
Unrelated but you should get these rims  :drool
John Kim's Lamborghini Gallardo on Vimeo

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #90 on: July 02, 2013, 10:07:46 AM »
Great choice tony! Was the issue head-room clearance or more of a windshield view field? I was gonna buy black seats but I'm goin for a two tone Red/Black interior hoping to complement the orange / black exterior

Honestly I kinda wish it was another 1"-2" lower. With my seats mounted to the floor, (with some of the metal Fiero flooring reworked)  the top of the seat just barely touches the underside of the top of the roof upholstrey when the seat is inclined forward. If that makes any sense..... But this is a Diablo roadster, not sure if there is any differences in other kits in roof height....

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #89 on: July 01, 2013, 09:49:44 PM »
Great choice tony! Was the issue head-room clearance or more of a windshield view field? I was gonna buy black seats but I'm goin for a two tone Red/Black interior hoping to complement the orange / black exterior

tonypaul

• Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +7/-0
« Reply #88 on: July 01, 2013, 08:53:33 PM »
I have the all black fabric with white stitching version of those ebay seats in my Diablo. I had to mount the seats directly to the floor to get them low enough to fit right. But I get alot of comments on how good the seats look.

Please excuse how dirty the car is in the pic, this pic is pretty old well before I swapped in the LS4....

@ pkov There are people on craigslist who will do upholstry on a general type seat for $100 each. They usually install a generic seat cover in a nice way on the torn up seats - however, why would anyone want to do that when the seats are very inexpensive.  I will be using this set of seats soon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170974427230?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

@ Transcend

My wheels were 0 offset for the front - and I had to resolve the rubbing issue, that's in combination with the 1.5" spacers or with the 2" spacers.

I read everywhere and nothing came up! My only conclusion is that people who have used the MR2 for this never got it to have full steering capability - that's besides the fact that they used rediculous 3" or larger spacers which are unsafe.

Let me see what Lance is going to do I think this is what he will also address this week

lance345

• Liked: 18
« Reply #87 on: July 01, 2013, 05:22:49 PM »
Hey am33r,

I am using 1.5" spacers in the front (though I also have 2" from the OEM wheels I had). I flattened out the lip behind the tire, and then had to beat it back a little bit, but got full range steering. I think if I hit a bump it might rub, but I can hit it back a bit still if I need. I didn't want to cut it out personally. I think your fix is great and looks well done, I just prefer not to cut out metal if I don't have to. I'm also used to only having 90% wheel turn because my truck has huge mud tires on it and rubs if I go 100%, so for me it's not a prob being already used to it. My rims are 19"x9.5 with 235 35 tires. Pretty low profile.

I got very very similar seats that are black on black for $135 with shipping off ebay. I had to make the bracket for them myself to get them in the car, but it took just an hour to do.

Keep up the great work am33r. I'm really glad you were doing this at the same time as you've given me great ideas for the windshield motor, and I moved the fuse box.

Transcend

« Reply #86 on: July 01, 2013, 03:54:54 PM »
I mean, What size rims  . 18 x 9.5 ?

:]

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #85 on: July 01, 2013, 01:39:42 PM »
@ pkov There are people on craigslist who will do upholstry on a general type seat for $100 each. They usually install a generic seat cover in a nice way on the torn up seats - however, why would anyone want to do that when the seats are very inexpensive.  I will be using this set of seats soon

http://www.ebay.com/itm/170974427230?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

@ Transcend

My wheels were 0 offset for the front - and I had to resolve the rubbing issue, that's in combination with the 1.5" spacers or with the 2" spacers.

I read everywhere and nothing came up! My only conclusion is that people who have used the MR2 for this never got it to have full steering capability - that's besides the fact that they used rediculous 3" or larger spacers which are unsafe.

Let me see what Lance is going to do I think this is what he will also address this week

pkovgolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-2
« Reply #84 on: July 01, 2013, 11:58:20 AM »
When you mentioned $100 for upholstering seats, that got me wondering :)

Where did you (any builder reading this) find someone who will do them for that?  All places by me doing custom uphoslery charge insane amounts

Any thoughts on who I should go to?

Thanks!

Transcend

« Reply #83 on: July 01, 2013, 04:53:21 AM »
What offset should the wheels be? :3

am33r

• YOLO
« Reply #82 on: June 30, 2013, 08:38:26 PM »
Final Form of Kit on the Car

To have the kit sit properly I had to flatten the front trunk lip, and cut the rear engine compartment lip.

The picture of the car after the coil overs.  I wiggled the kit around and measured around the tires and this is where I want it to sit. The rockers aren't symetrical on those cars so I looked at the windshiled frame and space around the seats etc... Then I measured again and moved it a cm around... It took hours but it finally sat where it needs to be.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 01:42:29 PM by am33r »