How To - Tips > Glass

donor Diablo windshield?

(1/5) > >>

AndrewHunter:

--- Quote from: drumseven on December 13, 2014, 12:24:42 PM ---Thanx Jim , have u address the windshield on your car yet?

--- End quote ---
I do have the same query and also if you are done with your windshield replacement, please share from which expert you had it. I need an rv auto glass repair technician to replace the tinted auto glass on the rv.

LeeMarkus:
$1350 was the good ideal for windshield replacement, if i were at your place. I will definitely go for it.

my60:

--- Quote from: 76mx on April 26, 2015, 02:24:00 PM ---Guys, I may be able to help. Right now I am planning a trip to California then Carlisle but scheduling may require me to go to Carlisle first then California. If, if, if, I could deliver that windshield. I do not blame you for not wanting to crate it up, I have sold many windshields and even though I charge a fair amount to crate them, it is just not worth it.

--- End quote ---

Went through 3 (6 if you count broken while getting it cut down) lumina windshields, they get spider cracks on the bottom corner edges when you hit any bumps and worsen over time. Ya ya I went through and redid the windshield pillers and areas put rubbers all around ect ect... it never looked right either like the factory car. I bit the bullet and bought the AGP windshield off of ebay 2 years ago and never had a problem and it looks right, it has the curve like the original, seller told me they fit factory original cars and he sells them for original cars. If you can grab the AGP windshield grab them fast there ain't any left anywhere, I was thinking about buying one as a backup but cant find any.

rodartneva:
I was at my parents house the other night and looked at the windshield on their 2019 Ford edge. I measured it and and have been back and forth between it and a factory windshield and this will fit the own opening with a bit of trimming off the top and sides I believe. Has anyone tried this. less than 250 for a windshield is a much better alternative to what is available right now. I'm not sure what trimming the glass does to it's strength but I'd prefer any own windshield to an aftermarket unit. When we had windshields made originally a big issue was the angle that the glass sits at and what has to be done to achieve the proper visibility at such an angle to be dot legal.. just putting in a cut down windshield does t mean it meets the requirements of the Diablo but for most of us as long as it passes dot who really cares

76mx:
Guys, I may be able to help. Right now I am planning a trip to California then Carlisle but scheduling may require me to go to Carlisle first then California. If, if, if, I could deliver that windshield. I do not blame you for not wanting to crate it up, I have sold many windshields and even though I charge a fair amount to crate them, it is just not worth it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version