How To - Tips > Rims & Tires

2014 CTS-V 6 piston Brembos on NAERC 6.0

(1/3) > >>

Spyder3000gtvr4:
Did you end up finishing the whole setup and have good results? I just ordered a used set of zr1 calipers/rotors (2pc) in front for a great price.

camarogod98:

--- Quote from: 76mx on February 24, 2019, 08:58:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Spyder3000gtvr4 on February 24, 2019, 07:48:18 PM ---Maybe means backspacing? as I’ve used it wrong in my post also. I tend to do that.

--- End quote ---
Backspacing measures wheel offset from the back of the wheel, where offset measures it relative to the wheel centerline, but both reference the same thing. No matter which way you reference it, it has no relevance to brakes.

--- End quote ---

I'm doing the 1st setup for myself. Once Its done I'm doing one for Rick. Offsetting the rotor is required to get caliper to clear the back side of the wheel spokes.

I finished machining the rotor hats last night.
They turned out flat a parallel within .00005

76mx:

--- Quote from: Spyder3000gtvr4 on February 24, 2019, 07:48:18 PM ---Maybe means backspacing? as I’ve used it wrong in my post also. I tend to do that.

--- End quote ---
Backspacing measures wheel offset from the back of the wheel, where offset measures it relative to the wheel centerline, but both reference the same thing. No matter which way you reference it, it has no relevance to brakes.

Spyder3000gtvr4:
Maybe means backspacing? as I’ve used it wrong in my post also. I tend to do that.

76mx:

--- Quote from: RStaggs on February 23, 2019, 11:10:27 PM ---I looked into many big brake kit options. None that I found would fit without machining. Including the wilwood. My issue and so is camarogod`s, we have OEM wheels w/ very little wheel offset. Custom wheels will work with many big brake kits, but not oem.

--- End quote ---

RStaggs, let's have an intelligent informative conversation, and I am willing to learn something new, but I say that wheel offset has absolutely nothing to do with brake fitment. Lots of positive offset, lots of negative offset, no offset at all, the brakes fit exactly the same. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version