How To - Tips > Rims & Tires

2014 CTS-V 6 piston Brembos on NAERC 6.0

<< < (3/3)

camarogod98:

--- Quote from: Spyder3000gtvr4 on February 20, 2019, 07:53:42 AM ---So out of curiosity why did you choose the CT’s-v brembo calipers? I was actually looking at those as I want a 6/4 brembo setup as well. Personally I really like how they look, there’s quiet a few to choose from and range widely in price.

--- End quote ---

I bought the calipers three years ago. When I planned the build in 2014 they were the best bang for the buck in my opinion. I knew they wouldn't just bolt up but I figured I could make it work. I'm a CNC guy, so I can make whatever I need.

The rotors are expensive but the two piece design allows me to make a new rotor hat to move the rotor ring where it needs to be for clearance. I could of just used cheap one piece rotors for the rear but the exact drilled and slotted pattern was not available to match the front rotors.

These brakes are freaking huge. And it should stop on a dime.

I really wanted carbon brakes but I can't justify the cost.

Spyder3000gtvr4:
So out of curiosity why did you choose the CT’s-v brembo calipers? I was actually looking at those as I want a 6/4 brembo setup as well. Personally I really like how they look, there’s quiet a few to choose from and range widely in price.

autopro:
Wow those look awesome

camarogod98:
Im in the process of putting CTS-v 6 piston brakes on my NAERC setup.
The calipers are aprox 1300 a set and the baer Earispeed rotors are 1500. custom machined parts are required to do this.

My setup
-2014 CTS-V calipers
-C6 Corvette Grands sport Rotors (Front: 14", Rear 13.4")
-C6 Corvette Front Knuckles
-Real 6.0 lamborghini wheels

Custom Parts/machining
Front calipers will be converted to radial mounted on my Mazak cnc. Customs Radial mount brackets. The front rotors require a 1.58" tall hat and a .675 spacer installed between the hub and knuckle for rotor clearance.

I took a chance on this setup not knowing if it was going to fit. I verified last night it does fit! The rear brakes are just bolt on with the exception of making a new caliper mount

-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version