How To - Tips > Rims & Tires

2014 CTS-V 6 piston Brembos on NAERC 6.0

<< < (2/3) > >>

Spyder3000gtvr4:
So why did you choose not to use the 380mm (14.96) and the 365mm (14.37) sized rotors? I’m guessing it’s since your rims are 18”? (As my 6.0 rims were 18) and not the 19” that comes with the CT’s-v. I have aftermarket 19/20” rims that were on a murci I’m not sure of my backspacing but it’s not a lot. I don’t have my control arms done so I layed my rim face down on a blanket and put my rotor on my rim and the caliper seems to just clear. My brakes were included with my chassis I’m pretty sure there a c5 setup with 12-3/4” rotors. I’m going to try and figure out my offset As I’ve found some rotors with higher hats in the 380mm family trying to figure this out and since you’ve already started yours I’m going to pick your brain.

camarogod98:
There are cheaper ways to do this for sure. It could be done for 600 less using iron one piece rotors in the rear. The cost of wilwood brake pads and parts didn't appeal to me. I like the fact these are OE brembos off of GMs highest level cars. Pads and parts are cheap and easy to get.

I just think these brembos brakes look sweet and it's going to stop on a dime. I like the making custom stuff out of billet.

The back brakes just require a caliper bracket to be made and welded on. Rotors and calipers fit perfect in the back.

RStaggs:
I looked into many big brake kit options. None that I found would fit without machining. Including the wilwood. My issue and so is camarogod`s, we have OEM wheels w/ very little wheel offset. Custom wheels will work with many big brake kits, but not oem.

76mx:
That is indeed an impressive setup but you are in it at $1,300 for calipers and $1,500 for rotors, $2,800 total with machining required and no hats. For the same $2,800 or less you could have Wilwood six piston Dynapro calipers all the way around with slotted and drilled rotors and the hats also included as well, several offsets to choose from, and all of it bolt on no machining. 

Spyder3000gtvr4:
Theres a setup right now on eBay I messaged the guy to get dimensions to see if it will fit my wheel. I’m thinking I’d have the same problem with the hat not being high enough. Not really looking to redesign rotors like you did and keep cost down.
Funny I looked into the fancy corvette brakes but I’m not spending more on brakes then the engine. :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version