Author Topic: Mitch's MR2 LP640 Roadster build.  (Read 77133 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: Mitch's MR2 LP640 Roadster build.
« Reply #298 on: June 01, 2020, 11:09:28 PM »
Awesome man! Very glad to see that you are still here.  The car looks great, doesn't look like you are very far away from finishing it.  What is your plan of work now?
Pedro

MDMurcy2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 54
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #297 on: June 01, 2020, 10:42:06 PM »
Hello there old friends.  It's been a very long time.  Lots of family and work issues have put my build on hold for a few years.... but NO... I didnt sell it.  I'm getting started again and will definitely be seeking advice.  I recently purchased a SV rear spoiler.... something I really wanted to get for a long time.  I love the look and it definitely has helped motivate my comeback.  Look forward to working again and completing my car. 

Wow!  Great to see you're still in the game.  I've since sold my car and have a new toy to play with (porsche 944 turbo)  You taught me a lot about body work and took the time to do so and I appreciate you.  Good luck with finishing your build Mitch!

Good to hear from you brother.  Been a long.ride.... but YES...I'm still here...
Keep dreamin if you want to, I'm building mine!  And I'm almost done!

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #296 on: June 01, 2020, 10:34:57 PM »
Hello there old friends.  It's been a very long time.  Lots of family and work issues have put my build on hold for a few years.... but NO... I didnt sell it.  I'm getting started again and will definitely be seeking advice.  I recently purchased a SV rear spoiler.... something I really wanted to get for a long time.  I love the look and it definitely has helped motivate my comeback.  Look forward to working again and completing my car. 

Wow!  Great to see you're still in the game.  I've since sold my car and have a new toy to play with (porsche 944 turbo)  You taught me a lot about body work and took the time to do so and I appreciate you.  Good luck with finishing your build Mitch!

MDMurcy2

« Reply #295 on: June 01, 2020, 10:24:02 PM »

Robert

• Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #294 on: February 25, 2015, 03:38:27 AM »
Great wedding and amazing Honeymoon!  Thanks everyone!  Heres a couple of pics!   So, now......Lets finish this Lambo!  So Close!

Congrats you cradle robber Lol : )
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

BinaryStar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #293 on: February 25, 2015, 01:33:28 AM »
did u use a fiero body

Did you even read any of the build thread before asking this question?

The topic title even says MR2!!  ::scratch :LL:

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #292 on: February 24, 2015, 07:43:10 PM »
did u use a fiero body

Did you even read any of the build thread before asking this question?

william

• Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
« Reply #291 on: February 24, 2015, 02:45:14 PM »
He used a Mr2, this is one of my personal favorites, this build is awesome.

debo1234dang

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #290 on: February 24, 2015, 02:54:04 AM »
did u use a fiero body

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #289 on: October 09, 2014, 01:10:21 PM »
Glad you are still going at it even with all the obstacles in your live.
Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #288 on: October 08, 2014, 08:18:15 PM »
Sounds like your having a bit of a rough go at it! Sorry to hear that, but keep your chin up and push through. You have one of best replicas on here and you're progress is very encouraging to a lot of us!!! Thank you for that and take care of the Family, they are #1!!!!  ::wave
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

MDMurcy2

« Reply #287 on: October 08, 2014, 08:09:49 PM »
What's the word Big Bird? Any progress, I think I can speak for everyone here when I say we are all eagerly awaiting an update!!!  ::wave

Guys, I'm so sorry.  I didn't see this post at all.  My notifications didn't send me a notice.   

I cant wait to show you my car.  I've been busy since my wedding, as much as my budget and daughters health has allowed.  I took it out for a spin and even went to the station in it for gas.  Its looked amazing!  "LOOKED"  BUT.......I had to go backwards a bit.   Bad gas from sitting gave me engine problems.  I had taken the tank down and evacuated it before hand.  But, somehow the injectors are all messed up and its running bad.  Including the TPS sensor went out all of a sudden so I get a stumbling idle to go with the other problems.  Also had to go backwards with some of the bodywork as well.  Seems a fiberglass enforced filler I used didn't hold up on the windshield pillar.  I had some "soft" spots that raised the paint.  So its back in the shop on blocks getting painted and messing with the fuel system.  I'm just about ready to bring it out. 

The interior sucked by the way.  Cant even begin to show how that looked.  The guy that helped me didn't know what he claimed to know and I just gave up on him.  Paid what was necessary and ran before it was too late.  I remade some panels and just overlaid them with black "Pleather"....so not to use up what I have left of my good leather.  What a waste,  Hope I have enough to finish next round.   I just want to get my car usable, then cleanup some of the prevailing issues.  This has truely been a hard end to this project.  Seems she doesn't want to get finished. LOL.   

Again....sorry guys.  I read up on posts from everyone.  But I'm just laying low while I'm finishing.  For all of you that support my work...Thanks so much.   This site and everyone's inputs and ideas keep me going.   

Mitch

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #286 on: October 02, 2014, 01:57:37 PM »
What's the word Big Bird? Any progress, I think I can speak for everyone here when I say we are all eagerly awaiting an update!!!  ::wave
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2014, 02:34:31 PM »
Congrats man!!!!!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator