Author Topic: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!  (Read 200054 times)

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
Re: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2013, 02:52:38 PM »
 ::bounce Long time away from home! Just returned to find a few Presents that Santa, I mean the UPS man left me!!!  Thanks BLKBAT!!! ::bounce

I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2013, 12:05:24 PM »
Much appreciation on your part as well Digibeam! Those tips you make look amazing I'm only hoping I can replicate these in Stainless!  ::wave
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #67 on: December 20, 2013, 09:24:27 AM »
Send me a PM with your mailing address and after the the Christmas shipping mess I will drop it in the mail to you ::beers. Either way if you can't get to it at least you can get the accurate measurements of a OEM lp640 tip. There are none available out there and these WILL sell if you decide to market a few of them :LL:

Later

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #66 on: December 20, 2013, 12:01:17 AM »
by all means go to town on the exhaust tip, if there is anything i can do to help let me know...

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2013, 11:30:02 PM »
Digibeam made mine and it is VERY nice, it's as perfect as OEM even has the OEM badge on it, only problem is it is glass and I'm worried about the heat. If your interested and he is ok with me sending it to you I'll drop it in the mail and would gladly pay for a metal copy, doesn't need to be stainless tho.

That would be mighty big of you obviously if he is OK with that! I would most definitely get it back to you in a timely manner! If I am to do these I would probably do them out of stainless just for the sake of doing them out of stainless  ::tongue I think I'm getting a better feel of how I am going to make these better than this first one. I'm trying to figure out the hole badge thing myself!

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2013, 11:15:06 PM »
Digibeam made mine and it is VERY nice, it's as perfect as OEM even has the OEM badge on it, only problem is it is glass and I'm worried about the heat. If your interested and he is ok with me sending it to you I'll drop it in the mail and would gladly pay for a metal copy, doesn't need to be stainless tho.

Digibeam

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2013, 11:09:03 PM »
Thanks,  the holes are 1/8th"

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »
That is a sharp looking tip for being glass!!! I wish I could get one of those to copy. What size are the holes in the mesh you used?

Digibeam

« Reply #61 on: December 19, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
i used a similar material,  maybe its the same?  right now i just have a high temp glass version of the tail pipe, eventually i will attempt the stainless version or just bite the bullet and buy a used one

Texas

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 39
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #60 on: December 19, 2013, 09:08:50 PM »
Nice work.  ::study

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2013, 09:01:48 PM »
Indeed!!!

Digibeam

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2013, 08:57:12 PM »
is that a stainless mesh?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2013, 08:46:23 PM »
One more of the mesh!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2013, 08:42:25 PM »
Here are a few pictures of the mesh I am putting inside. Once again scrap material from work, so if I decide to make these it will only look better. I'm further along than this I just don't want to let the cat out of the bag till it's finished. I'm also curious as to what people are expecting of these, are we looking for polished stainless? If so I'll have to do a little research there as well! For mine I'm planning on either going with black powder coat or high heat paint. Do we want the factory style mounting tabs or would you prefer it to be more like a traditional welded on tip?

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2013, 08:24:04 PM »
Looks Good!!  Just make sure you make more than one......  ;-)

So yeah, I really had no plans of making more of these. But I suppose if there is enough demand I will figure out a way to do so! My only problem is the material is extremely expensive (stainless) and I have no real good way of making these in a timely manner. I'm currently trying to figure out how I can make these from home, if I were to make these at work it would definitely be frowned upon. With that said the previous picture I posted was just a teaser, I plan on doing a lot more to make it as accurate as possible.

YES!!!! More then one, gotta get my hands on this. If you need a copy of the original I have one, it's just in glass.

The one I have posted below is a scaled up version from a combination of my model LP670 SV and photographs from the interweb. I made this like everything else I have so far out of scrap material from work. I plan on using the same type mesh that is found inside the real deal and welding a fatter lip on the front. If I can figure out a practical way to make these (I already have upwards of 12hrs in the one I'm making myself) I will gladly make more. I started pricing the material the second I saw an interest and I think I can make it work. If there is a way you could send me dimensions or the actual LP640 replica tip that would only give me a better idea of the actual size rather than trying to scale a picture or model.  Any input on a fair price?

P.S. Rest assure I am a very picky person and if I don't feel these are up to par when finished I will not take anyone's money!!!  ;)