Author Topic: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!  (Read 199486 times)

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
Re: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!
« Reply #114 on: February 08, 2014, 12:21:43 PM »
Its all good,  for mine i am going to fabricate (under the engine) 180 degree headers, feeding 2 cats (meow) exit the collectors, then cross over either side above the transaxle with the cats, post of those, will both connect together for equalization,then leaving as 4 individual sends, 2 into Gallardo mufflers (when they arrive) exiting the rear with the bypass valves also connected to the extra 2 sends (before the muffler) with a vacuum control on the bypass. and the whole mess into the final collector/combiner out the tail pipe.
maybe i should draw a picture..... ::tongue

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #113 on: February 08, 2014, 07:26:32 AM »
you might have to use flexible fittings when you do hook up the exhaust,  with the engine moving from torque and the muffler static in the cage.
 I can see you have springs which will help a bit but, the contained area in general looks tight so you may experience physical or mechanical contact at the sides and in regards to the exhaust hookup something isnt going to be happy in the middle.
just an observation  :)

Thanks for the input! I was a little curious about that myself. It doesn't look like it but there is about a quarter inch of space all the way around, probably needs to be more! Plus I've just got her tacked for now, I don't even know if it will clear the body yet!  I may just leave it for now until I get my kit, but I'll remember to correct this eventually. As far as routing the exhaust I'm still not exactly sure what I'm gonna do, but I'll get her figured out! Thanks again!  :)
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Digibeam

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #112 on: February 07, 2014, 07:26:39 PM »
you might have to use flexible fittings when you do hook up the exhaust,  with the engine moving from torque and the muffler static in the cage.
 I can see you have springs which will help a bit but, the contained area in general looks tight so you may experience physical or mechanical contact at the sides and in regards to the exhaust hookup something isnt going to be happy in the middle.
just an observation  :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:30:33 PM by Digibeam »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #111 on: February 07, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »
Last but not least!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #110 on: February 07, 2014, 06:56:40 PM »
This is how I chose to mount it! Still removable just gotta work on routing the exhaust when it warms up, This cold weather is a real bummer!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #109 on: February 07, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
Looking great! Thats the nicest fiero tub/chassis I've ever seen, plenty strong enough  ::beers

Means a lot from you Butler, Thanks! But I ain't done with it yet! This muffler is just stupid huge! Having a hard enough time trying to find space for it with a 6 cyl, I can't imagine how they fit a 12 cyl in there!!!  ::tongue

usmc_butler

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Liked: 418
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-0
  • Mafia Productions
    • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #108 on: February 07, 2014, 08:17:13 AM »
Looking great! Thats the nicest fiero tub/chassis I've ever seen, plenty strong enough  ::beers

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #107 on: February 06, 2014, 11:32:42 AM »
I used the same little sand blaster lol took awhile! stupid ceramic nozzles wear out too fast too

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: February 06, 2014, 09:13:38 AM »
Really nice frame. I'm jealous lol

Thanks Solrac,
No reason to be jealous of this thing! It literally mostly came outta the trash at work!!!   :P The only thing to be jealous of is that probably everyone on here has there body to start with including yourself and I'm still saving towards one lol! Speaking of witch yours is looking great, I've always loved the Reventon! Any idea of how long you have to go on it? Or what color your gonna paint it when it's done? Keep up the good work!!!

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #105 on: February 05, 2014, 03:34:47 PM »
Really nice frame. I'm jealous lol

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2014, 10:59:36 AM »
Check out this thread, there is some really good information on the subject:

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=15.0

Thanks Autopro! Very useful thread!!!

I have finally reattached my tub and my rear engine cradle thingamajig!!! So it's kinda starting to look like something again. I am getting to the point, and have probably gone past the point where I desperately need a body so I have something to go off of. I've already been told by others that some of my frame could interfere with the body (I pray to god it doesn't) but if it does I'll just deal with it when that time comes. I still have plenty of reinforcing to do on the rear cradle and haven't totally decided what to do to attach the lower portion of the frame to the tub. At least for now I can roll this thing around the garage in one piece! Right now I'm doin my best to tuck money away for that body, hopefully by spring I'll have it!!!   ::toothy

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #103 on: January 31, 2014, 11:16:30 AM »
Check out this thread, there is some really good information on the subject:

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=15.0
Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2014, 01:45:29 PM »
Finally got my radiators in! Any advice would be helpful!!!  ;)

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #101 on: January 24, 2014, 08:18:31 PM »
Thanks guys! I guess I forgot to mention that they are lasered out, so the edges are a bit rough! Wish I had access to a water jet in this case!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2014, 07:57:47 PM »
I agree those are great.
Pedro