Author Topic: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!  (Read 200211 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: Purple People Eater LP670 SV Build!!!
« Reply #399 on: August 28, 2015, 08:22:14 AM »
It's very inspirational to get your body mounted, it drives you to keep workng on it. 
Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2015, 10:48:17 PM »
Thanks for the offer, but after moving a mill by myself no matter how good of a trade I'd have to decline, simply to not have to move it again lol!

I had some caliper brackets made up at work but I'm almost positive I'll be altering them or the spindle in some way. I still need to get a phase converter for that mill so it will be a little while till I get to that!

In the mean time I'm sick of not seeing progress aesthetically, so I'm gonna try and get some of my body panels rough mounted so I can at least take them off and put them back with some repeatability! I've been upset with myself for using a Fiero and acquiring a Watson body as opposed to using the NAERC plans! So I printed them off and started comparing what I had to what they had, I decided the two best things I could take from the NAERC plans were the front bumper support and the side ladders. Here is the start of my rendition of a Fiero/NAERC hybrid thingy!  ::tongue this is just the start of it, just tacked, no gussets, and whatever else, but I'm liking it so far and it's really starting to line up like it should!
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2015, 10:27:28 AM »
Congrats, Purple on the new mill.  I'll trade you even up for my Enco ::sun ::thumbup.  I installed the Held front suspension on my Diablo replica because of the need to be able to lower the body with the adjustable coil overs.  Hope that you do not have the same need.  Also, when you grind down the lugs on the spindle to mount your caliper adapter plate, the lugs need to be 90 degrees to the spindle centerline otherwise the caliper will be out of alignment with the rotor.  I am going to have to disassemble my front spindles and mill my lugs flat.  I didn't realize this until I assembled the brakes.   See the problem in the pic.  Jim
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 10:29:57 AM by 01Lambiero »
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #396 on: August 27, 2015, 02:27:36 AM »
Was in Dallas a few weeks ago, was fortunate enough to sneak out of a meeting and  hang out with my good buddy Tex for a brief while! Can't say enough good things about that guy and his hospitality! Also got to experience something I never thought I'd get to see in person, my dream car, an LP670 in all it's glory! All I can say is WOW!!! And the guy on the floor was more then cool with me taking pics and drooling over it for close to an hour! I told him all about my build and he was more than intrigued, asking me questions the whole time! Enjoy, I know I did!!!  ::bounce
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

Robert

• Liked: 124
  • Member Rating Points: +4/-0
  • Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #395 on: July 28, 2015, 11:28:04 PM »
No car progress, but got a new toy to hopefully help remedy that!  ::bounce
Sweet! I need one of those!
Robert, Journeyman experimental mechanic, Journeyman experimental painter.

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #394 on: July 28, 2015, 08:26:12 PM »
No car progress, but got a new toy to hopefully help remedy that!  ::bounce

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #393 on: June 22, 2015, 12:22:39 PM »
Thanks Auto! I may but it's pretty straight forward and I am definitely no pro at it! I suppose if I did I could get a few chuckles out of those who know better then I do!!!  :LL: Just got back from the "Yard 'O Junk" and got me some calipers so I can get my brackets made for them! I'm using Grand Prix fronts for the front and Grand Am fronts on the rear! Seemed the best fit without having to buy the actual Corvette calipers!

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #392 on: June 18, 2015, 10:07:17 AM »
Beautiful work my friend!  You need to do a little step by step on the powder coating process.
Pedro

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #391 on: June 17, 2015, 12:21:57 AM »
Got it all back together! Finally resting on all 4's! Starting to get excited!  ::bounce

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #390 on: June 15, 2015, 02:41:22 PM »
Seems silly that I would powder coat stainless but I didn't want these pieces to show, just wanted it to all look clean! This is the first time trying powder coating and even though they look okay I did have an issue! I was trying to do a silver vein with purple candy on top, it turned out mostly black with a purple shine to it! Still looks better then it did just not what I was after. Guessing l didn't let the vein cure enough before shooting the candy!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #389 on: June 14, 2015, 07:15:08 PM »
Thanks guys! Starting to regain some ambition, been wanting to see this on all 4 wheels for awhile so I'm back on the front suspension!

Robert

• Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #388 on: June 11, 2015, 08:33:55 PM »
Made some flanges so it's 3 pieces from the header to the inlets! A real pain but it should give me some much needed back pressure I just hope it doesn't sound to week with all the angles!!!  ::tongue
Very nice job!

Robert

• Lamborghini's rule!
« Reply #387 on: June 11, 2015, 08:32:50 PM »
Thanks Robert! Got one from China in less then 6 days! All cables, Candi module, And GM English card to boot!!! 300 bones brand new! fired right up and was able to go through all the pages! True test will be doing the Case learn on my car but I have no doubt it's fully capable! Great buy and am so excited to use it!!!  ::headbang ::headbang
Glad you like it!

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #386 on: June 11, 2015, 05:25:07 PM »
Good job brother! Looks professional because it is!

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #385 on: June 11, 2015, 11:23:29 AM »
Made some flanges so it's 3 pieces from the header to the inlets! A real pain but it should give me some much needed back pressure I just hope it doesn't sound to week with all the angles!!!  ::tongue