Author Topic: Hello Glad To Have Found This Forum  (Read 785 times)

VF1Skullangel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Hello Glad To Have Found This Forum
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2018, 01:06:47 PM »
Ive been trying to build one for the last 10 years honestly but life has been preventing me from doing so. From my mother suffering from cancer and now my wife experiencing health issues...

Any how. my advice i can give you is maybe look for another partial build. Perhaps the chassis is already stretched or its a tube chassis? You'll be far ahead of the game vs starting from ground zero. You've already been there. Also be realistic with what you want. If you dont plan on going fast don't bother spending big bucks on a LS1 with a Porsche Transaxle. As far as finding one be patient, theyre out there on ebay and craigslist. have the money ready and grab one when it pops up. Trust me it may not seem like there isn't many replicas on the market now but theres many unfinished projects out there that have been hoarding in garage for sometime. Not to mention finished cars that are likely going to come onto the market especially with the Gallardo, 360 coming down in price. a lot of guys will be jumping on those entry level exotics soon leaving I think a pretty large market of replicas sitting there.

Good luck!

srd1

• Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 12:58:49 PM »
thanks still trying to get a feel for the forum dont want to post in the wrong area or ask questions that have already been asked and answered a million times, so glad i found this forum though. Posted what im wanting to do in the advice forum hopefully I dont come off as fully retarded lol

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 12:51:00 PM »
Welcome to the forum.  There are lost of guys willing to help so ASK AWAY

srd1

• Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Hello Glad To Have Found This Forum
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 12:40:20 PM »
Hey guys just found this forum, tried doing a diablo build several years ago and got burned pretty bad by a manufacturer, my wife told me I needed to get a hobby so thinking very seriously about trying to do another build. In the research phase right now, so many scam artists out there its really hard to wade thru whats real and whats not. Ive always been mechanically inclined Ive gotten pretty proficient with my mig and tig and have alot of friends that have higher skill sets than me when it comes to engines and fabricating. Hope to learn and maybe help outin anyy way i can.