How To - Tips > Engine & Transmission

BMW V12 harness and ECU

<< < (2/2)

Jets303:
I had one in my Murc replica and I used the factory wiring harness and sensors and it ran. I just took my time with the labeling the wiring before I removed the motor out of the car. I would unplug the harness and take voltage readings and then try to start it, if it didn't start, I knew it was important! I did have a harness that I bought from Adrian but I never used it. I sold it with my car. Someone used to make them.

I'm using the factory harness and ECU now in my Audi build and it runs great. Unless you are boosting it, the factory settings should work for you. It's N/A anyway.

Neils88:
Some people use the mega squirt for the stand alone ECU on the V12. But you'd be on your own for making the harness. Not sure of who does those. It'll be a few more years before I start mine.

aeauto:
I am doing an adapter for a customer and he needs a wiring harness and stand alone ECU for a BMW M70 V12.  Anyone know of a source or someone who can make up what he needs?  Haltech is the only place I know of that might be able to do it and they are kinda pricey.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version