The Forum > Other Topics

Hi, battery terminal question (fiero, lp640)

(1/2) > >>

Aloha:
Yes - definitely a great point, luckily there are grommets (but how old : )

but goodness - car-bq,, now I'm hungry : )

--- Quote from: AdrianBurton on January 21, 2024, 08:49:12 PM ---while you are at it, if that is the power wire passing through the bulkhead without a grommet, do yourself a HUGE favor and add one, if not you can find that you have created a very expensive Car-BQUE

--- End quote ---

AdrianBurton:
while you are at it, if that is the power wire passing through the bulkhead without a grommet, do yourself a HUGE favor and add one, if not you can find that you have created a very expensive Car-BQUE

Aloha:
Yessir, that makes sense, now to find a place under this wide-thing to be able to jack it up and do some back tracing : )
(it seems there aren't any hard points around the frontal area/perimeter of this thing, *pfft*)

Thank you Murci, I appreciate it.

--- Quote from: ★Murcie-Me★ on January 14, 2024, 09:49:46 PM ---Cant you just trace the cables to see where they run? The Negative should go straight to chassis/frame ground, I dont know why somebody would ever put a disconnect on the negative side. The positive should go directly to the starter, with other positive wires going to a fuse block, fusable link and so on.

--- End quote ---

★Murcie-Me★:
Cant you just trace the cables to see where they run? The Negative should go straight to chassis/frame ground, I dont know why somebody would ever put a disconnect on the negative side. The positive should go directly to the starter, with other positive wires going to a fuse block, fusable link and so on.

eddie:
original terminal clamps are of different sizes. negative is small, and positive is larger. all batteries are same except the new car batteries have a different post setup. unless someone puts an after-market clamp on

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version