Author Topic: Hi...Just brought a Brightwheels CR6 (Countach)  (Read 1286 times)

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
Re: Hi...Just brought a Brightwheels CR6 (Countach)
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2017, 07:10:58 PM »
congrats man!!!

spudit2003

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
Hi...Just brought a Brightwheels CR6 (Countach)
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 07:13:16 AM »
Hi,
After years of dreaming, and within 2 months of moving into a house with a garage, I have got myself a Countach replica. It is is need of most things doing, first thing is to remove the beasty 130bhp Renault V6 mated to the automatic(!?!?!) gearbox that is currently fitted and non-running.
I don't have a huge amount of mechanical experience, but I do all the work on my Renault Avantime and found that if you look it up, buy the right tools and ask the right people you can learn to do most things on cars - and the learning involved is half the reason I wanted a kit.
Unfortunately, I can't get stuck in right away as the condition on me buying it was that I must finish renovating the house first - I am hoping the car waiting for me will provide a good motivation for me to get on with things, in the mean time I will just be researching.
If anyone has any info at all on the Brightwheel please let me know - the 'build manual' turns out to all relate to the Renault 30 - the donor car.
Thanks
Lewes