Author Topic: Vaydor Project  (Read 10701 times)

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
Re: Vaydor Project
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2018, 12:02:21 PM »
Your best bet on building a Vaydor would be to locate someone who has built one.  Find a Vaydor forum or start one.  The most safe and driveable  chassis is what you will need and it's not a walk in the park.  If you read the posts on this forum, you can find the information that is needed and the dos & don'ts.  KitCentral and Madmechanics forums can help also.  Use the "Search" option on this forum instead of multiple posts asking questions that have already been posted and answered.  Use the "PM" to contact members about pricing and availability.
Praising a Vaydor on Lamboclone.com is like walking into a Ford Dealer and asking a mechanic how to set up a Corvette dual-point distributor.  Oops! I just had a flashback.

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2018, 11:08:52 AM »
One more thing Charley
I was not comparing faster asst on kits
All I mean. He’s after the exotic look
and he thinks ( maybe) it’s wham bam
That Gtm was a very poverfull car
With ls3 / flipped G50
Tonight I’ll post on other subject
Like Gtm pics

eddie

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2018, 10:56:05 AM »
Well the vaydor has that wow look even it’s G35
GTM not to many knows it’s in 100k $ when Finnish
( personally friend of mine build it and I did all body work and paint .i can post pictures when I get home)
But back to Fame and exotics the cars I mention are well know and everybody , well most people recognize
No offence to Gtm or other similar cars .

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2018, 09:58:59 AM »
Gentleman Factory Five or other has no Exotic looks and fame, I think he wants something that is Lambo, Vaydor , Bugatti etc, for impressing head turners and build in couple of years the most.  ok I'm out of here , no more comments on that from me.

Eddie, why does a Vaydor qualify for looks and fame on your list and a Factory Five GTM does not? And how is a Bugatti on your list built faster than a bolt together GTM?

eddie

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2018, 05:21:36 AM »
Gentleman Factory Five or other has no Exotic looks and fame, I think he wants something that is Lambo, Vaydor , Bugatti etc, for impressing head turners and build in couple of years the most.  ok I'm out of here , no more comments on that from me.

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2018, 12:13:03 AM »
TheOne, these guys are right. I would love to sell you a Chupacabra, but realistically we have months of development before it is ready. I have built over 300 cars, most of which when I owned Fast Lane Engineering, and the one Vaydor that I was recently involved with was difficult for me. Realistically, you have only two choices, the GTM from Factory Five or the Superlite Coupe from Fran Hall and Racecar Replicas. Like RT, I do not get anything from endorsing these either, but if you go with the Superlite, tell Fran he owes me a beer. 
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 12:15:21 AM by 76mx »

Purple LP670 SV

• Lambo Mafia
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Liked: 649
  • Member Rating Points: +23/-0
  • Big Gulps, huh? All right! Well, see ya later.
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 10:43:30 PM »
Theoneabove...the people on this forum really do support each other and definitely help where they can.  Eddie's words reflect the issue with tire kickers and dreamers.  For every one person serious about building replicas there are a hundred dreamers that can get under peoples skin (I don't mean you specifically...but once you sit on the forum for a while you'll quickly see what he is talking about).  I think the main issue is that you've been asking for quotes on all types of cars, but don't seem to have a planned direction.  Don't get me wrong...that can be important research and is encouraged.  But it can wear thin...  And please don't get pulled into a "I make more than you so don't question my commitment" argument.  That just builds an unnecessary wall between you and the forum members.

Just remember...if you are going to eventually build a replica, you need to be doing it because you love the art of car fabrication.  The end result is a reward, but can't be the focus. 

Keep asking the questions.  Be honest with yourself.  Take things slowly...and build a realistic (and flexible) plan for your project.   ::thumbup
My direction was to build an aventador replica... after asking if I should try it there were members who said i’d Be in over my head and listed other options. I looked at the other options and for what my skill set is and also the fact that the Vaydor also looks great, is what I decided to go with after some thought. 

I’m not trying to say I make a lot of money, but that seems to be everyone’s concern when I inquired about building something, some (even before knowing what I do) would make it seem that they were on a different level, and I was not capable of being on their level by throwing out ridiculous dollar amounts of what their build cost, and how I wouldn’t be able to do this. That is when I said what I do for a living and still had people chiming in with negativity. I’m not here for a pissing contest... I’m here for the knowledge that I can get from people who know more than I do.  I don’t remember whose quote this is but it says. “I met a guy we both had a dollar and we exchanged dollars and we both still had a dollar, then I met a guy and we both had an idea we exchanged ideas now I have two” that’s what I’m here for the ideas and knowledge that I can obtain. A skill is worth way more than money. I could lose all of my money tomorrow, but with a skill I can always have a way to make more.

That's my stolen quote :LL: but seriously the guys are correct taking this on is a marathon, a straight up hobby. The ones that fail in my opinion are the ones who think they are gonna slap a Lamborghini together and go pick up chicks, some fail because of lack mechanical aptitude! As long as you have patience, look at the project as being a fun hobby, and have the will to learn new things you will do just fine. Honestly the Vaydor is a great choice with a good supporting cast of previous builders. While we do learn from each others builds not many if any of the cars on here follow a similar path to completion! The Vaydor on the other hand has somewhat of a fail safe road map. If the Vaydor was available prior to starting my build that would be the path I'd be on. Good luck with your decision and make sure to document your build!!!  ::beers
I met a man with a dollar, we exchanged dollars and we still had a dollar. I met a man with an idea, we exchanged ideas and now we both have two ideas!!!

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 09:30:19 PM »
I have been following this thread for quite a while and understand everyone has been trying to be helpful even if it seems "harsh" at times.
Deciding to build your own car involves a lot of emotion, dream, expectation and desire.  I've been through it.  It is exciting, fun, grueling, exhausting, satisfying and expensive.  I expect to keep my build so I'm not concerned about resale value but that is something that should be considered also.  A one-off build by an unknown builder using unknown design and with questionable construction will NOT bring in much resale value.  BUT, if that builder has something that is a known manufactured product, well constructed and recognized in the marketplace, they stand to get a fair value if they do sell.
So, keeping that in mind, I would suggest (especially for a first time builder) to look to someone like Factory Five.  They have KITS.  FF can provide everything you need to actually get your build finished and offer support if you need it, directly from the factory.  Their product is recognized and of very good quality.  So if you DO sell, it would be of value on the market as a known product.
People here know me.  I am NOT shilling for FF.  I don't get anything for this recommendation.  I'm just trying to put some real world sense in the decision process and try to help a new builder see another option.
You could also go with an engine-minus buy of something like a GT40.  With that you would still have some work but you would be up and running very quickly.
So those are my "words of wisdom".  I know I can't talk you out of your dream build AND I don't want to.  Just think about what I said before you make your decision.
Whatever it is, people here will be glad to see and hear about your efforts.
Good luck.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

Neils88

• Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 12:40:05 PM »
My direction was to build an aventador replica... after asking if I should try it there were members who said i’d Be in over my head and listed other options. I looked at the other options and for what my skill set is and also the fact that the Vaydor also looks great, is what I decided to go with after some thought. 

I’m not trying to say I make a lot of money, but that seems to be everyone’s concern when I inquired about building something, some (even before knowing what I do) would make it seem that they were on a different level, and I was not capable of being on their level by throwing out ridiculous dollar amounts of what their build cost, and how I wouldn’t be able to do this. That is when I said what I do for a living and still had people chiming in with negativity. I’m not here for a pissing contest... I’m here for the knowledge that I can get from people who know more than I do.  I don’t remember whose quote this is but it says. “I met a guy we both had a dollar and we exchanged dollars and we both still had a dollar, then I met a guy and we both had an idea we exchanged ideas now I have two” that’s what I’m here for the ideas and knowledge that I can obtain. A skill is worth way more than money. I could lose all of my money tomorrow, but with a skill I can always have a way to make more.

Before eventually committing to an Aventador build, I had researched the Vaydor (and a half dozen other cars).  It is certainly an excellent option...especially for those that worry about the stigma of "copying" a supercar.  I would disagree that "ridiculous dollar amounts" have been thrown at you.  A replica from a legitimate builder will easily cost $100K or more.  When you need 3000+ hours to construct something...it's not going to be cheap.  Additionally, unless you are a master fabricator, you'll rely on lots of oem parts that just can't be replicated...this all adds up.  Whatever build you eventually commit to, guaranteed you'll end up  spending $50K+ on parts, tools and supplies.  Emphasis on the "+".  You don't need to prove you can afford it to anyone...you just need to be honest to yourself on your budget.  Certainly expect an initial investment of $10-20K, and then anticipate needing $400-500 per month, every month for years to come.  Also remember, whatever your current status is (money, available time, family, health, etc), it's guaranteed to change as your build progresses. 

I look forward to seeing what you eventually decide to build.  (...and definitely keep a build thread!)   :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 03:51:54 PM by Neils88 »

Theoneabove

• Liked: 7
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2018, 10:30:57 AM »
Theoneabove...the people on this forum really do support each other and definitely help where they can.  Eddie's words reflect the issue with tire kickers and dreamers.  For every one person serious about building replicas there are a hundred dreamers that can get under peoples skin (I don't mean you specifically...but once you sit on the forum for a while you'll quickly see what he is talking about).  I think the main issue is that you've been asking for quotes on all types of cars, but don't seem to have a planned direction.  Don't get me wrong...that can be important research and is encouraged.  But it can wear thin...  And please don't get pulled into a "I make more than you so don't question my commitment" argument.  That just builds an unnecessary wall between you and the forum members.

Just remember...if you are going to eventually build a replica, you need to be doing it because you love the art of car fabrication.  The end result is a reward, but can't be the focus. 

Keep asking the questions.  Be honest with yourself.  Take things slowly...and build a realistic (and flexible) plan for your project.   ::thumbup

Neils88

• Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2018, 09:56:21 AM »

Simple Man

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2018, 09:46:59 AM »
  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_kcRS4-4axU

This guy seem to be able to figure it out.
[/quote]

that  is a nice you tube channel!

I had the "build a car Bug" for quite a few years.   I just couldn't stop thinking about it.  bought parts before I even had a car.    Went and looked at quite a few cars in process and completed cars.   For me doing my project is a win win.  If the completed the car meets my OCD standards I win.  If I fail at least it will be out of my system!  :LL: 

« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 10:06:33 AM by Simple Man »

eddie

« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2018, 09:18:09 AM »
 No harm feeling Mr,I’m not kid ,in my 60s
All I telling i’ve seen lot of wanna be
How ever good luck and keep post how you progress  going
We’ll all celebrate your build when is done on the road
  ::salute
Btw the build 3 lamboc past my 18 years
1countach 1 25th and I’m now 75% done on 99 Roafster

Theoneabove

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2018, 09:06:03 AM »
OK MR, guys like you are coming and going back with broken dreams all years, after waking up to see, that to build a Kit Car ain't that easy , time involve up to 10 years to have good replica , fab skills, mechanical, money and lot of money, space, finding parts , family issues, etc etc,
as a broker unless you have your own biz you'll make a buck , but yeah maybe not that much as not your own.
do remember I'm, not here to tell you what to do,but think and think again. you maybe better off with Vette or GT Mustang and drive tomorrow. 
Peace Bro
  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_kcRS4-4axU

This guy seem to be able to figure it out.

Theoneabove

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2018, 09:02:19 AM »
OK MR, guys like you are coming and going back with broken dreams all years, after waking up to see, that to build a Kit Car ain't that easy , time involve up to 10 years to have good replica , fab skills, mechanical, money and lot of money, space, finding parts , family issues, etc etc,
as a broker unless you have your own biz you'll make a buck , but yeah maybe not that much as not your own.
do remember I'm, not here to tell you what to do,but think and think again. you maybe better off with Vette or GT Mustang and drive tomorrow. 
Peace Bro
I own my real estate office, Broker/Owner Bro. Also I thought this forum was intended to inspire people, but with people like you whom think that they’re own shortcomings would be the same for very one else is ridiculous. Sorry sir but not everyone’s situation is identical to yours and you shouldn’t get your pantries in a bunch because someone may try something that has taken you longer to complete. I’m here for positive inspiration not opinions from negative Nancy’s, who get upset because someone may do something they couldn’t. All you are doing is assuming things, and you know what they say about people who assume things. I think there’s a lot of animosity coming from you for no reason. Your acting like the kid who has the ball and wants to start a game but only ends up playing by himself because he is too scared to let the others play because they may be a just as good as him or possibly better. It’s my money. If I want to waste it in silly string that’s my perogative. So please do us both a favor and stay out of each other’s way on the forum and we should be ok because it’s obvious we already have issues due to your own inadequacy.