Author Topic: Car Cover  (Read 3985 times)

Ccemn1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 22
  • Member Rating Points: +1/-0
Re: Car Cover
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2021, 06:20:52 PM »
You can tell when they post 5 pictures and 4 of them are the cover in the bag, and one is of the car,  it's a scam.

AsantiLP

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 14
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2021, 02:54:56 PM »
Some sellers do offer free return shipping as well you just have to check the listing before you bid. I got screwed too so now I make sure I check that. It sucks I know but you learn from your mistakes you know how that goes haha. I found this cover on ebay and it's pretty cheap. You can ask the seller if it has pockets for mirrors. It says it's custom fitted for Diablo.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313421744959?fits=Make%3ALamborghini&hash=item48f9644b3f:g:2RsAAOSwtc1gLCWr

Ccemn1

« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2021, 07:33:15 PM »
Based on my experience with this company, they are not to be trusted in ANY way!
I don't do business with liars, and from the very start they lied. This cover doesn't come anywhere near close to fitting a Lamborghini Diablo.
If anyone wants to defend them, I suggest you buy a cover from them and try dealing with them.
A total waste of time and money!

Ccemn1

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2021, 06:47:53 PM »
I don't see why you're so upset.  This is the standard procedure for online purchases with Ebay.  Practically no seller pays for returning merchandise and you get 100% of your purchase price back.

In that case, I've got a really nice bridge I can sell you down here in the Keys. Greatest bargain you'll ever find!
They obviously realize they are selling worthless junk, and should just reduce the price by 40%!
Better yet, I'll  sell YOU my cover for only 60% of what I paid for it!

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2021, 04:40:56 PM »
I don't see why you're so upset.  This is the standard procedure for online purchases with Ebay.  Practically no seller pays for returning merchandise and you get 100% of your purchase price back.

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Ccemn1

« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2021, 02:05:45 PM »
This is amazing! I guess in capitalist America today, you have to be a con man to be in business. After almost a half dozen emails with BS responses, I finally contact them to inform them I'll pursue civil litigation, and I just received this email below!
I chose option one, so I only end up getting ripped off and paying 60% of $150.00 for a junk, worthless car cover!

OnlineCarCoverCompany (OnlineCarCoverCompany)
May 21, 2021, 11:05 EDT
Hello Dear Customer,
We apologize in advance if you need to return your order, therefore we would like to do our best to make you happy by giving you two options:
1) We can refund 40% of the total you paid and you get to keep the cover without any questions.
2) You would have to ship back the cover and reply to this e-mail with a tracking number in order to get a full refund. If we don’t get a tracking number, we won’t be able to confirm that we got it and we won’t be able to make a refund.
If you decide to choose option 1:
Simply reply to this email “Option 1” and we will immediately issue the refund, which may take up to 2 – 3 business days to get processed.
If you decide to choose option 2:
You would have to reply to this email “Option 2” with a tracking number and the name of the shipping company that is directed to the address below. Your RMA # is 500323760. Make sure the RMA #500323760 is clearly written on the box or on the shipping label. The shipping cost is at your expense. Only once we receive the package, we will issue a refund, which may take up to 5 – 10 business days to get processed.
Please note that if you have more than one package to return, make sure that the RMA #500323760 is written on both packages. If the RMA number is not written on the box, we won't issue a refund.

lambo_sam

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
  • So. Cal, living the lambo dream everyday!
    • https://www.flickr.com/photos/147611676@N08/albums
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2021, 08:17:37 PM »
I hope you get a refund, That's why I went the route that I did, at the time I was looking, I came across several car cover businesses with false advertisements stating they will fit my car, but they are only some universal covers.

Ccemn1

« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2021, 04:57:32 PM »
https://www.carid.com/1998-lamborghini-diablo-car-covers/covercraft-reflectect-custom-car-cover-383170143.html?parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|Convertible
This looks exactly like the $40.00 Walmart cover I use now. Fits like a glove, with mirror pockets, but is paper thin.
Who would pay $170.00 for crap like this, except the terminally stupid?

Ccemn1

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2021, 04:52:05 PM »
Ya know, sometimes you just got to face the facts of life.  You just can't buy a $10 gold coin for $10 anymore.  People are conned into thinking that EVs are the answer to air pollution when the Power Plants are still burning coal to produce electricity to recharge your Tesla.  There is NO FREE LUNCH on this planet.  Bite the bullet.  Fill your wallet with plenty of cash and go to a car show like the one in Carlisle, Pa. where you might meet with a vendor with just the cover that will fit your car OR check out the business below.  01

https://www.carid.com/1998-lamborghini-diablo-car-covers/?filter=1&sub-model[ourBodyTypeName][]=Convertible
Yeah, I'm in Key West. Only about 1400 miles from Carlisle, PA.
The intelligent in this world would use solar, wind & geothermal to produce electric. Only morons like trump think coal is good for anything, except creating Black Lung Disease.
I'm very sorry, but anyone who pays $600.00 for a car cover is just stupid. For the prices these scam artists want for covers, I could buy the material myself, take it to a seamstress, and have the job done for less than half the price. Which I actually might end up doing. There are some Latinas down here, talented as hell, who work for pennies!

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2021, 01:49:29 PM »
Ya know, sometimes you just got to face the facts of life.  You just can't buy a $10 gold coin for $10 anymore.  People are conned into thinking that EVs are the answer to air pollution when the Power Plants are still burning coal to produce electricity to recharge your Tesla.  There is NO FREE LUNCH on this planet.  Bite the bullet.  Fill your wallet with plenty of cash and go to a car show like the one in Carlisle, Pa. where you might meet with a vendor with just the cover that will fit your car OR check out the business below.  01

https://www.carid.com/1998-lamborghini-diablo-car-covers/?filter=1&sub-model[ourBodyTypeName][]=Convertible
20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Ccemn1

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2021, 08:32:36 PM »
It looks like these guys are just a total scam and I am not even going to get my money back. I've written them 3 or 4 detailed emails now after they requested photos and a description of what the problem was, and they just keep sending the same email back 3 times now.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2021, 06:42:21 PM »
SO sorry to see that!  The website makes it look good and sound good but reality strikes hard.
I hope you can return for a refund.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

Ccemn1

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2021, 04:15:12 PM »
Does this look like a custom fit cover? Not even any pockets for the mirrors!
And, the instructions that THEIR representative claimed the cover didn't come with.
A poopie product sold by the clueless!
My $40. Walmart cover is literally better!

Ccemn1

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2021, 03:51:38 PM »
In the mean time, if ANYONE knows of ANY fitted covers that aren't $600.00, Please let me know.
I'm so tired of incompetence and scam artists!

Ccemn1

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2021, 03:49:05 PM »
No mirror pockets. They claim it's a custom fit, which is total BS! With it stretched out in as many different positions as possible, it STILL leaves at least 20% of the car uncovered!