Author Topic: Murcielago Taillights  (Read 1907 times)

nickmkk

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +5/-0
  • Cloquet, MN
Re: Murcielago Taillights
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2023, 04:30:42 PM »
What about using red tinted acrylic/plexiglass?

I can look into it, I've still just been trying to get my molds straightened out.  I had some issues with the gelcoat lifting when I made the molds and had to do body work to straighten that out but I'm going to try to make some clear sets this weekend and we'll see how they turn out.

★Murcie-Me★

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 21
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • 3% Club Member
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2023, 12:38:56 AM »
Well it would be up to you to epoxy the pieces together, finish the body work and paint the housing, sand down and clear coat the arrows, etc.  The lens will just be clear but you could paint them with a red clear coat like in the link, it would probably be a good idea to use that on the arrows as well to make the color more even after a couple coats of clear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0069G12OC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The housing is scaled to OEM size and the lenses are actually being made from a mold of OEM lenses.

I would be interested, but would like to see the finished product. What are your thoughts on lens color?
I would prefer to have them red. Like 640 lights. Very nice work so far! How accurate are these to OEM dimensions?

What about using red tinted acrylic/plexiglass?

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2023, 09:30:00 AM »
I don't currently have plans to make a model of a mold but you could probably pull a mold from a set of the housings.  Also, I haven't printed a set to get pictures from yet but I've made some improvements to the model to have a back panel for enclosing the housing and for mounting leds.  I also just finished molds for thermoforming lenses so I will have lenses available soon and will share pictures when I can.

Hey, nice work. Any chance you could sell me a rough mold of the housings? Also, the clear lens? BTW I have an idea for fitting in pre-made Aventador lights. DM me if you're interested. Thanks  ::beers

mr.lndsy

• Liked: 1
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2023, 08:51:48 AM »
Hey, nice work. Any chance you could sell me a rough mold of the housings? Also, the clear lens? BTW I have an idea for fitting in pre-made Aventador lights. DM me if you're interested. Thanks  ::beers

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2023, 12:58:30 PM »
The holes on the bottom are 8mm to accommodate indicator lights like the following or similar but I can make them any size if you have something specific/custom in mind.
https://www.amazon.com/FILN-Indicator-Waterproof-110V-Black-Anodized-Red/dp/B0BM5TBNK5/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

There isn't any mounting provisions currently, you'd want to bond some mounting tabs on the sides or wherever you need for mounting.
Edit: the model had been updated to include mounting tabs.

Understood. Is there any mounting provisions on the backside of the housing, also were the holes along the bottom designed around a known LED?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2023, 04:12:30 AM by nickmkk »

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2023, 11:38:37 AM »
Understood. Is there any mounting provisions on the backside of the housing, also were the holes along the bottom designed around a known LED?

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2023, 09:17:41 AM »
Well it would be up to you to epoxy the pieces together, finish the body work and paint the housing, sand down and clear coat the arrows, etc.  The lens will just be clear but you could paint them with a red clear coat like in the link, it would probably be a good idea to use that on the arrows as well to make the color more even after a couple coats of clear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0069G12OC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title

The housing is scaled to OEM size and the lenses are actually being made from a mold of OEM lenses.

I would be interested, but would like to see the finished product. What are your thoughts on lens color?
I would prefer to have them red. Like 640 lights. Very nice work so far! How accurate are these to OEM dimensions?

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2023, 08:20:28 AM »

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2023, 03:29:48 PM »
Awesome thanks a bunch for this, I'll compare with my files after work and see how close I am.  Dale is also going to send me some files so I may switch to those if they're better than what i have.

Here are the measurements of the oem Aventador rear light assembly. Hopefully you can read my writing. This is pretty tough to measure accurately without removing the clear lens, so my tolerances are probably around 0.25". Hopefully this gives you enough info to make it. If you need any other specific measurements, let me know. Note that there is a height difference for the components. I can send more photos if needed.

I also made a thread with respect to wiring the taillight. It has some good photos of each of the individual lights.

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=3522.0

Neils88

• Liked: 135
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2023, 03:09:16 PM »
Here are the measurements of the oem Aventador rear light assembly. Hopefully you can read my writing. This is pretty tough to measure accurately without removing the clear lens, so my tolerances are probably around 0.25". Hopefully this gives you enough info to make it. If you need any other specific measurements, let me know. Note that there is a height difference for the components. I can send more photos if needed.

I also made a thread with respect to wiring the taillight. It has some good photos of each of the individual lights.

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=3522.0

Neils88

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2023, 08:43:01 PM »
No problem. I'll get you all the measurements tomorrow first thing.

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2023, 07:53:25 PM »
That would be great If you don't mind.  I have a model pretty close to ready, I struggled quite a bit last night but have the mesh mostly converted to a solid now.  I just need to figure out the arrows as this model didn't include them.  Anyway, if you don't mind sending me some dimensions of the housing I can make sure I have the scale correct.

I have oem Aventador tail lights. If you need any measurements/pics,  just let me know

Neils88

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2023, 07:34:04 PM »
I have oem Aventador tail lights. If you need any measurements/pics,  just let me know

nickmkk

• Cloquet, MN
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2023, 05:28:55 PM »
I'll see what I can do

Make some for the Aventador and Id gladly pick up a set from you!

Jets303

• Liked: 149
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-0
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2023, 12:08:02 PM »
Make some for the Aventador and Id gladly pick up a set from you!