Author Topic: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!  (Read 69567 times)

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
Re: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!
« Reply #207 on: February 11, 2017, 05:12:24 PM »
Took it out in the snow today. Freezed my butt off with no top. Love the rush tho. Plus a short video of me driving!

-Jayso

Neils88

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 134
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2017, 04:57:50 PM »
Does your registration remain as the donor car?  Here in Ontario (Canada) the car gets registered under the donor car VIN, but the make and model are changed to the first four letters of the body kit manufacturer and the body kit name, respectively.  i.e. My 88 Fiero (Aventador) will show up as:  Make: INSP,  Model: VENT  (Inspire Composites, VentaR).  Therefore no issues with police.

lp670mike

• Lambo Mafia
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 282
  • Member Rating Points: +10/-0
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2017, 10:15:30 AM »
Congrats on finishing the car Jay! It really looks amazing. I suppose your car is registered as a Fiero?
I was planning on registering mine as an MR2. I never really considered the police issue?

LamboJayso

« Reply #204 on: January 31, 2017, 09:57:45 AM »
Sad to hear that. Kinda ruins the experience of enjoying ur creation. Hopefully nothing like that is in my future.
-Jayso

★Murci-Me★

• 3% CLUB MEMBER
  • Trade Count: (-1)
  • Liked: 61
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #203 on: January 30, 2017, 10:51:08 PM »
That has happened to me 3 times now, guns and all.

LamboJayso

« Reply #202 on: January 30, 2017, 12:39:45 PM »
We have to wait on usmcbutler, lp670mike, and purpleSV to finish to make it happen logistically. You here that guys, bang it out! Balls to the wall! It's nothing! I'm thinking we meet somewhere in the middle of the country later on this year. Or will this year be too soon?

As far as the cops go, I just hope I never get a cop who knows nothing about a kit car. Puts my tags in the system, sees it's a Fiero, then pull me out at gun point or something. Thinking it's stolen. Some scary stuff when you really think about it. Anywhooo
-Jayso

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #201 on: January 30, 2017, 09:49:07 AM »
@autopro: Thanks, no pressure on you.  One day you, usmcbutler, purple670sv, lp670mike, and anyone else building a lambo on here has to meet up. B/c it really takes a lot out of you to complete these cars. And I'd love to chop it up with anyone who makes it to the end.

I got pulled over. The officer pulled me over b/c "he wanted to check out my car." Unbelievable. Sorry for the dirty batwing valley. I haven't had a chance to truly detail the car.

LOL no pressure, maybe just a bit.  We definitely have too meet up one day, I've been to see usmcbutler and a few other guys here on the forum and they have all been great people.  There's another group of us here in southern California that also meet up about once a year and it's always great getting together and talking about our hobby.

Man I've heard of cops doing that, stopping people just to check out their rides but I can imagine it's scary at first when you don't know why they are stopping you.  Your car just looks beautiful man, I can see why he stopped you  :notworthy
Pedro

LamboJayso

« Reply #200 on: January 26, 2017, 08:12:02 AM »
@autopro: Thanks, no pressure on you.  One day you, usmcbutler, purple670sv, lp670mike, and anyone else building a lambo on here has to meet up. B/c it really takes a lot out of you to complete these cars. And I'd love to chop it up with anyone who makes it to the end.

@RT: I hope so too!

@jrule78: The mechanic leaning on it with the black gloves helped solve the alignment issue. So he can lean on it all he wants.  ::thumbup

Yesterday was an interesting day to say the least. I finally resolved the bad alignment issue. It turned out I had a whole bunch of loose bolts in the rear of the car. The two big bolts holding the strut at the base were loose and the bolts holding the control arm were loose. Once those were snugged up, the new tie rod installed, the toe straight, I took it for a spin and the car drove beautifully. No more feeling like I'm driving on ice.

I got pulled over. The officer pulled me over b/c "he wanted to check out my car." Unbelievable. Sorry for the dirty batwing valley. I haven't had a chance to truly detail the car.
-Jayso

jrule78

• Liked: 5
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #199 on: January 25, 2017, 06:24:10 PM »
   Ouch, alignment heads clamping on those brand new rims! I also like how the mechanics are leaning on the car with greasy gloves.

RT

• Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
« Reply #198 on: January 25, 2017, 05:16:36 PM »
This is what we like to see!
I hope you can make it to Carlisle this year.

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
« Reply #197 on: January 25, 2017, 03:47:12 PM »
Car looks beautiful Jay, I can see it's already getting lots of attention jajaja
Pedro

LamboJayso

« Reply #196 on: January 24, 2017, 07:12:02 AM »
Thanks Mr. Rodrieguz! Are u building an Aventador now? I asked b/c I saw u asking about an Aventador seat in another thread. Cool yellow vaydor u have there.

Drove to the alignment shop over the weekend. Still ironing out the kinks. Will need to replace the outer tie rods in the rear for starters.

-Jayso

rodrieguz

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Liked: 77
  • Member Rating Points: +3/-0
« Reply #195 on: January 15, 2017, 06:53:28 PM »
outstanding  job there jay ::headbang

LamboJayso

« Reply #194 on: January 06, 2017, 06:55:32 AM »
Currently in the process of buttoning things up mechanically. The right radiator had a leak. So I replaced it. This pic with the rear bumper off, shows how I did things.

-Jayso

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #193 on: January 05, 2017, 04:18:24 PM »
I am hoping to have it at least running, BUUUUUUTTTT!!!!! work is kicking my backside so I cant say what condition it will be in, however I will have it with me for the show