Author Topic: Kit Car Builder Magazine  (Read 2401 times)

eddie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 286
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: Kit Car Builder Magazine
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2014, 12:07:16 PM »
   Thank you Bigpines, things are going well. I have been away for many weeks but good to be back. I have advertised in Kitcar Builder for many years and totally agree with that decision for the same reasons already stated here. It has always baffled me how someone can do the exact same thing that we do: Buy a 40 Ford body, or a Model A, or for that matter now a 57 Chevy or 69 Camaro body, and then with either a donor chassis or a custom, and with a lot of mail order and fabrication, produce a rolling labor of love. The thing is that one is never called a kitcar an yet it is the exact same thing. Either they all should be kitcars or none, and I do not think we will convince the rest of the world, even if we wanted to, and I am not saying that we want to.
   This name change was a decision with great debate and although I am in favor, there is a downside. That magazine is the domain of the Newbie looking for what they perceive as a kitcar, and any search will direct them there. Now that search could easily direct them to Lowrider Digest instead.
   Now a soapbox rant on a tangent to this, If we drop "Kit" and acknowledge ourselves as carbuilders, can we also drop that farce of a "Kitcar Nationals" and join the other 6,000 carbuilders a the NSRA Nationals?   

BigPines

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Liked: 272
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-1
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »
It was good to see Charley Strickland (76mx) is advertising in this magazine. I hope things are going well for him.
If I don't have time to do it right, when will I have time to do it over?

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2014, 08:31:07 AM »
Awesome :)

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 09:55:05 PM »
I have always felt insulted when people call my build a "kit car" to which my usual sarcastic reply is yes, it all came in a big box and I just haven't figured out how to follow the complete and accurate instruction manual that describes all hand made components included in the purchase price which is so reasonable that I may buy another one just to build on weekends... People are simple that way and have no idea or concept the depth required for some builds.... Besides that, I also received my issue in email... And already finished it.... Thank you for the heads up RT...

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 09:47:46 PM »
I agree. "Kit" should rarely be used with this hobby unless it's a true kit that comes with everything you need to build a complete car.

RT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 308
  • Member Rating Points: +28/-0
Kit Car Builder Magazine
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 08:27:31 PM »
I just got my new issue of Kit Car Builder Magazine except it isn't Kit Car Builder Magazine anymore!
it is "CAR BUILDER MAGAZINE".
They dropped the word "Kit" from the title for all the good reasons. We don't call our builds "Kit". We are CAR BUILDERS and proud of it. Now they don't refer to them as kits either.
I like it.

Remember everyone, the issues are FREE and online.
Check it out here and sign up for continued email delivery if you haven't already.

http://www.flipdocs.com/showbook.aspx?ID=10011589_566606

RT
It isn't enough to want a Lambo, you have to want to BUILD A CAR.