Author Topic: 1986 Fiero GT vin # locations?  (Read 4942 times)

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0

solrac

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 52
Re: 1986 Fiero GT vin # locations?
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2014, 04:46:04 PM »
I read some where that if u can't provide receipts u need to get an insurance bond or something like that. For a month I think. I think the guy got a 30k bond. I read it on mad mechanics a while ago.
If no one claims it between that month u won't need anything else. U can search it up on mad mechanics.

lamborghinimurci

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2014, 10:25:08 AM »
Just leave it titled as a fiero if it currently has a clean fiero title

If you read, you will see that's what Im trying to do. I need to find a stamped vin on the engine.

BTW Does anyone know what are some drawbacks of getting a new "special construction vin"
Thanks for the responses

Tusabes

• Liked: 127
  • Member Rating Points: +8/-2
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2014, 08:54:18 AM »
Just leave it titled as a fiero if it currently has a clean fiero title

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2014, 11:28:20 PM »
Clean title. They need to see two vin numbers on car, to clear it. I only have the riveted one in windshield. They say they need receipts of the build and body kit, to title it as a special construction, which is total horse manure. they are just being as difficult as possible.
This is why people keep floating the title on these kits. Because the freaking DMV make's it so difficult to do it the right and legal way. BS

That is BS. Seems like if it's a clean title you wouldn't even have to have them look at the car.  Have you tried Pennocks forums?
http://www.fiero.nl/cgi-bin/fiero/Ultimate.cgi

Good luck.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 11:30:24 PM by notnilc20 »

lamborghinimurci

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2014, 08:43:55 PM »
Hi I own a fiero based kit and am having trouble with vin inspection at DMV. They need to verify Two vin numbers on the car. I have the windshield tag but not the one under speaker or on door. There is no RPO sticker. I searched the engine and transmission for about nine hours, with no result! Can some please post a picture of the vin location on auto transmission  or the V6 engine. Maybe even draw a line on picture, of exact location. I have heard many descriptions that they are under shifter arm on trans, and above starter on engine block, but I found nothing. I have been tearing this beautiful car apart for days, and dont know where else to turn. Thanks

I'm sorry i can't help you with your question but was wondering what your situation is. Is the title salvage? Or are you applying for a lost title? Thanks.

Clean title. They need to see two vin numbers on car, to clear it. I only have the riveted one in windshield. They say they need receipts of the build and body kit, to title it as a special construction, which is total horse manure. they are just being as difficult as possible.
This is why people keep floating the title on these kits. Because the freaking DMV make's it so difficult to do it the right and legal way. BS

notnilc20

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 174
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2014, 06:04:41 PM »
Hi I own a fiero based kit and am having trouble with vin inspection at DMV. They need to verify Two vin numbers on the car. I have the windshield tag but not the one under speaker or on door. There is no RPO sticker. I searched the engine and transmission for about nine hours, with no result! Can some please post a picture of the vin location on auto transmission  or the V6 engine. Maybe even draw a line on picture, of exact location. I have heard many descriptions that they are under shifter arm on trans, and above starter on engine block, but I found nothing. I have been tearing this beautiful car apart for days, and dont know where else to turn. Thanks

I'm sorry i can't help you with your question but was wondering what your situation is. Is the title salvage? Or are you applying for a lost title? Thanks.

Havemurci

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 89
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2014, 05:11:48 PM »
It is under the cluster,on the large structural beam that holds the steering column.
I had the same problem, I heard there was one on the beam in top of the drivers side firewall but I have never seen it.
My chassis is '84' and I would love to find another spot if anyone knows...

lamborghinimurci

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2014, 02:15:22 PM »
I also hear that the 88's are the one year that the vin was every where on the car, including all body panels. Sadly mine is an 86.
I am really surprise that no one has every posted a picture of the vin on the engine or trans, especially with all these lambo reps, needing registration.

I have heard about this cluster sticker. I looked at mine and didnt see any thing on the outside. Do I open it up? where exactly on the gauge cluster? Thanks

Digibeam

• Liked: 257
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
  • Show me, don't Tell me...
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 01:54:18 PM »
Only other place is a sticker tag placed under the cluster, but if that's been changed out then you may have only one....
You may have to find some way of getting a replacement sticker tag made with the identical Font and VIN.... To place on your door etc
Pretty sure someone around here has that capability....just a thought

lamborghinimurci

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2014, 01:35:59 PM »
I also hear that the 88's are the one year that the vin was every where on the car, including all body panels. Sadly mine is an 86.
I am really surprise that no one has every posted a picture of the vin on the engine or trans, especially with all these lambo reps, needing registration.

Digibeam

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2014, 01:26:44 PM »
Hmmm the 88 that I had cut up had a vin tag on the bottom right leading edge of the hood area,(frame) although you are not supposed to remove or alter them, people do tend to cut parts off and discard them not realizing perhaps

lamborghinimurci

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2014, 01:20:43 PM »
There should be one under the front trunk area that should not have been cut away.   
I believe your referring to the RP0 sticker, an that has been removed and the well is not painted.

Digibeam

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 09:55:57 PM »
There should be one under the front trunk area that should not have been cut away.   

lamborghinimurci

1986 Fiero GT vin # locations?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 09:51:00 PM »