Author Topic: New Guy Needing Advice  (Read 5391 times)

autopro

• Lambo Mafia
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • Liked: 1204
  • Member Rating Points: +43/-1
  • Tijuana/San Diego
Re: New Guy Needing Advice
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2018, 09:47:29 AM »
Several people have done the BMW V12 and adapted it to the Porsche or Audi transmission.  I don't know the specifics on it but I am sure with enough research you will be able to find what you need.  Welcome aboard.
Pedro

srd1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 9
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2018, 05:41:43 AM »
What are you guys opinions on going with a BMW or Mercedes drivetrain. Or should i just stick with American muscle? I can get the BMW or the Mercedes Drive train cheap enough but I wonder about the cost of making it work for this application. Would be cool to have a V12 vs V8

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2018, 10:54:16 PM »
SRD1, putting eyes and hands on it first is the only way I do business, Lambobuilder as well as others on this Forum will vouch for me. I am in Fort Worth, Texas and you have a standing invitation to visit anytime. I have a nice guest quarters at my home and I will take you down to The Stockyards for some bar-b-que. For the rest of the Forum, Joel left yesterday with his Miura chassis and we did a video together before he left, YouTube at StricklandRacingInc. Took him to The Stockyards for some bar-b-que too.

Charley Strickland
Strickland Racing Inc.
940-781-5455

darn brother cant beat an offer like that!!
Was curious what peoples opinions are as to wich engine and tranny combo would be ideal? I have access to several v12 Mercedes and BMW engine/trannys or would a  ls motor be a better build? I know friends that have 1000+ hp ls motors. Im wanting to be anywhere from 600 to 800 hp ideally but understand wants and reality are two different things lol

You asked, so I will tell you my opinion. Anything over 450HP is a waste of time and money. The Laws of Physics will win every time, friction coefficient x contact patch x downforce. In a 2,500LB car there is no way to use that much horsepower without first having a wing the size of a garage door. Goes back to the old dirt track days when it was a lot faster when two plug wires were pulled off. On the other hand, it is your car and I want you to have whatever suits you, and I will be very happy to add $30,000 to your build.

AdrianBurton

• Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 07:04:28 PM »
It depends on how you intend to drive it and what you want to spend on drivetrain..
gearbox to handle that power 10-15k for porsche up to about 800 hp or 15-25k for ricardo 1000+hp

The merc is good for crazy tq and that is the gb killer

srd1

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 09:17:33 AM »
Ill be going with a custom built chassis either way

srd1

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 09:15:00 AM »
SRD1, putting eyes and hands on it first is the only way I do business, Lambobuilder as well as others on this Forum will vouch for me. I am in Fort Worth, Texas and you have a standing invitation to visit anytime. I have a nice guest quarters at my home and I will take you down to The Stockyards for some bar-b-que. For the rest of the Forum, Joel left yesterday with his Miura chassis and we did a video together before he left, YouTube at StricklandRacingInc. Took him to The Stockyards for some bar-b-que too.

Charley Strickland
Strickland Racing Inc.
940-781-5455

darn brother cant beat an offer like that!!
Was curious what peoples opinions are as to wich engine and tranny combo would be ideal? I have access to several v12 Mercedes and BMW engine/trannys or would a  ls motor be a better build? I know friends that have 1000+ hp ls motors. Im wanting to be anywhere from 600 to 800 hp ideally but understand wants and reality are two different things lol

76mx

• Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2018, 08:41:45 PM »

Charley Strickland
Strickland Racing Inc.
940-781-5455

lambobuilder

• Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 02:38:45 PM »

srd1

New Guy Needing Advice
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 12:55:47 PM »
Hey guys located in southwest missouri and I am wanting to do a build with a Aventador, Reventon, Gulardo, or Diablo. I got burned pretty bad on a diablo several years back and dont want to make the same mistakes again (way to trusting). Can anyone recommend a replica manufacturer thats reputable? Seems like darn near every one ive found is either no longer in business or has to many scam alerts to count. Ive almost decided to just wait till i find one on ebay or something that way I can actually put my eyes and hands on it before money exchanges hands. Thanks in advance guys