Author Topic: What is a Good kit car budget?  (Read 2137 times)

76mx

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 358
  • Member Rating Points: +16/-0
Re: What is a Good kit car budget?
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2023, 09:31:31 PM »
 I got an email that I had a private message here and signed in for the first time in probably a year, actually had kind of forgotten about this Forum. While here, I decided to look around and see what I have missed and this was the first thread I looked at. I will check back in another year.

Jimbo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Liked: 25
  • Member Rating Points: +2/-0
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2023, 08:22:02 AM »
I'm not sure if your still following this thread but here is my .02 cents. I like all types of builds I actually went to Carlisle to buy a Cobra and it was pouring that day. I met Dan from IFG because he didn't have to cover his car when it rained and it reminded me how much I loved the styling of Lambo's. He talked me out of a Countach because of how hard it was to see out of them while driving and I bought a Diable VT. So to your question and I would think this would be for about any type of "kit" for a lack of better words would be to find out what it costs for the body, interior, motor, suspension, and other options which the manufacturer can help you with. Then the rest is up to your abilities. If you can do everything like fabing up mounts, welding, suspension, body work, painting etc then you can save a lot if money. Once you get a price for the vehicle you want you can add on 10K for a complete "kit" that has everything with it to probably 80K if it just has the basics with it. When I bought mine a Cobra was around 15K and you still needed a doner Mustang. My Lambo was about 12K delivered which was just a shell. The expensive things that you had to buy for it were wheels and tires, a Fiero doner, paint which was $2500 just to buy and tons of metal for framing plus all the small stuff. 
So to sum it up after buying the "kit" and I am using that term because mine was a box full of parts, you can expect to add 10 to 80K depending on what you want to have when it is completed. The most important thing that you need more than money is patience.
Don't know if this helps
Thanks
Jim

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2023, 10:34:05 AM »
OK MY TURN!!!!
If he were so versed in building cars, why ask such a question? I know that many of the people trying to offer guidance have forgotten more than most.

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2023, 07:19:15 AM »
ShockDaMonkey

Welcome to Lamboclone

i have sent you a personal message

thanks guys for trying to help with answers to his questions.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 07:21:31 AM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.

★Murcie-Me★

• Liked: 21
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
  • 3% Club Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2023, 09:08:09 PM »
I built a replica once!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2023, 09:15:08 PM by ★Murcie-Me★ »

Neils88

• Liked: 135
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2023, 10:48:51 AM »
I'll try to be more gentle with the next one...

Though I will say one thing, his grammar and spelling was terrible. That complete lack of attention to detail is never a good sign for someone wanting to get into this hobby.

lambobuilder

• Liked: 211
  • Member Rating Points: +17/-0
    • Lambobuilder
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2023, 03:03:03 PM »
Neils88, appreciate your trying to help educate the guy. Nothing else you could have done. He obviously does not know the true builders and fabricators who consistently help fellow builders. You are appreciated.

SAUL_GOODMAN

• Liked: 2
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2023, 02:06:09 AM »
LoL this guy sounds like your typical butt hurt millennial. Lol somehow we're all toxic here now?

God how many times did he endlessly repeat the the same nonsense.

Neils88

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2023, 02:42:57 PM »
Hmmmmm....... guess I broke another one.

Why are people so offended when they are asked questions after they post on the forum!?

Neils88

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2023, 04:53:50 PM »
I'm far from toxic. Just trying to help you. Perhaps this is a language barrier. No question is irrelevant.

The bottom line. You keep repeating that you want the budget for a kit car. Until you state what kind of car you are trying to build, no one can answer your question.

ShockDaMonkey

• Liked: 0
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2023, 04:42:21 PM »
It don't matter Because all your guys is questions were very unrelevant so I just never will post anything ever again on this form and I Actually really would like to leave this not letting to leave. I think this form is full of just toxic people like you. And I'm not going to deal with anyone that is toxic. So yes I would like to leave this b******* f****** form.now please

Neils88

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2023, 04:11:47 PM »
I'm glad you know more about building cars than I do. I'm just trying to help you out. I'm not trying to be a knob. I'm trying to help you see that if you want a useful answer you will need to supply more information. If you went to see a building contractor and asked them "what is a good budget for building a house", they won't be able to answer you unless you tell them specifically what you want. You must be able to see this!?

You don't need to be offended. I apologize if you see this as a rant, but if you take a pause and read what has been posted from Nick and myself then hopefully your future posts will get you the answers that you want.

ShockDaMonkey

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2023, 03:09:16 PM »
You're right. Maybe I just need to go and delete this and not waste my time on this stupid Form because of people like you.

ShockDaMonkey

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2023, 03:04:43 PM »
It doesn't matter. I'm not going to waste my survive on someone that's worthless and Being a knob. You hope I learned like I said I probably know a lot more about building a car than you do.

ShockDaMonkey

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2023, 02:54:17 PM »
I don't understand why you're going on a rant And tangent anyways. You don't have 2.5 million dollars to build a car that is why you are building a replica.
So why the mention it?
And you're saying you hope i Learn lmfao
You probably don't even know how to use a tig welder.
And yes I know a lot about building a car probably no more than you.