Author Topic: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640  (Read 187784 times)

Simple Man

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: G28 - Simple Mans, Simple REDO of an G28 LP640
« Reply #251 on: October 21, 2017, 11:01:07 AM »
those doors look GOOD!!!!

Yes the door have no voids and the gel coat is flawless!!!  Now just need to install :LL:

AdrianBurton

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Liked: 202
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
« Reply #250 on: October 21, 2017, 01:13:58 AM »
those doors look GOOD!!!!

Simple Man

« Reply #249 on: October 20, 2017, 05:02:26 PM »
Received my inner & outer doors from Rhode Island.     ;D

Half the price of other quotes received.  ::thumbup

Packaged well and are really finished off nicely !!  ::toothy

Some mods needed for the OEM window glass.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:54:41 PM by Simple Man »

Simple Man

« Reply #248 on: October 19, 2017, 08:34:37 PM »
I try to get something done on the REDO everyday  ::thumbup

The prior owner had the PCm just laying loosely on the bar that holds the rear engine mounts

Bough the GM pcm mounting bracket and welded up  mounting points

Decided on having the wiring hanging in the down position as it seemed cleaner.... but that could change once the engine is back in  ::scratch
« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 07:55:06 PM by Simple Man »

eddie

• Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #247 on: October 19, 2017, 11:24:49 AM »
Hey Simple, when you are changing S/C oil that stuff smells like dead road kill , don’t spill any
Seriously

Simple Man

« Reply #246 on: October 18, 2017, 06:15:14 PM »
took the engine out for final assembly.  What a nightmare!! the passenger side rear bolt was a pita!! 

Only known issue is the  alternator relocation bracket (sold by FieroROG on pennocks) requires a short spark plug.  Even then the alternator will have to be unbolted and lowered to get it out.

Been so long I'm not sure why it was relocated  ::toothy

Before the engine is put back in need to:
Change super charger oil
New fuel injectors
Install and check new rear brake brackets from Arruat... god I hope they are right!
Install lengthened axles

Simple Man

« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2017, 07:50:09 AM »
doing good job, how ever I still would change the rad fans now while you have all open, those fans that comes with the Honda radiators are only 1100 CFM + - 50 . Spals are like 1850 cfm.
also if you are going to store relays not in the cab use oem ones. I went to pick part and got few exterior relays . they are water proof. and more or less last longer then made in CHINA .just my opinion

Thanks Eddie!  I have been looking at the Spal 30103202, but will hold off for now.

On this car the body was already mounted when I purchased it.  The radiator was in the front of the car.  It was a bit of a PITA putting in the rear radiators with the body on the car.  But They come in and out the car very easily at this point.  The wiring for the Fans as well as the mounting of the fans are such that it can handle the added amps and depth/thickness of the fans, when a HO Spal fan or fans are added.

Good idea on the relays!

Simple Man

« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2017, 07:39:27 AM »
Very Nice....

I would recommend a clearly visible and accessible place to put the relays and fuses. In my NAERC the fuses and relays are all over the place and I had to spend ton of time finding them, Also when/if someone else works on your car you will wind up spending ton of money for them to figure out what is where. Planing up front will save you time and money in the long run.
Also.... Why do you have 2 relays, one for push and one for pull (to be honest I haven't read the full thread yet)
Are you using 2 fans per radiator? one on each side , one to push and one to pull? or are you just planing ahaid just in case you want to flip the air direction. I have a severe heating issue in my Diablo that I am working on currently (lol when I can work and family comes first)

CCIE

Thanks CCIE!

The relays are easy to get to and marked what they control.  One for the Trans cooler, one for pull and one for push.  On each radiator one fan pushes and one pulls.

I put two fans on each radiator because I had them :)

Good luck on your build as well and yes family first!! 

eddie

• Liked: 285
  • Member Rating Points: +19/-2
« Reply #243 on: October 14, 2017, 05:49:45 PM »
doing good job, how ever I still would change the rad fans now while you have all open, those fans that comes with the Honda radiators are only 1100 CFM + - 50 . Spals are like 1850 cfm.
also if you are going to store relays not in the cab use oem ones. I went to pick part and got few exterior relays . they are water proof. and more or less last longer then made in CHINA .just my opinion

CCIE

• Liked: 96
  • Member Rating Points: +12/-0
« Reply #242 on: October 14, 2017, 03:37:10 PM »
Very Nice....

I would recommend a clearly visible and accessible place to put the relays and fuses. In my NAERC the fuses and relays are all over the place and I had to spend ton of time finding them, Also when/if someone else works on your car you will wind up spending ton of money for them to figure out what is where. Planing up front will save you time and money in the long run.
Also.... Why do you have 2 relays, one for push and one for pull (to be honest I haven't read the full thread yet)
Are you using 2 fans per radiator? one on each side , one to push and one to pull? or are you just planing ahaid just in case you want to flip the air direction. I have a severe heating issue in my Diablo that I am working on currently (lol when I can work and family comes first)

CCIE

Simple Man

« Reply #241 on: October 14, 2017, 01:48:11 PM »
REDO on the radiator wiring complete ::toothy

Havent settled on a final place for relays, will figure out as the build goes forward.

Quite the mess with all the stuff out for install!!  888o

Onward!!

Simple Man

« Reply #240 on: October 13, 2017, 08:03:55 PM »
Good job on insulating the terminals with the shrink tubing.  If you like, check my post in "Electrical" on the terminals that come with shrink already incorporated into the terminals.

01 thanks!  I saw the terminals in the hardware store, but I have a few male and female and shrink tube around, that I would like to use first...dont want to bust the budget on this build and buy more :LL:

01Lambiero

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 403
  • Member Rating Points: +24/-3
  • "Using the skills that God gave me"
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2017, 01:26:03 PM »
Good job on insulating the terminals with the shrink tubing.  If you like, check my post in "Electrical" on the terminals that come with shrink already incorporated into the terminals.

20 yr. GM Niase certified Auto Mechanic (Tune-Up, Brakes, & Heavy Repair)
24 yr. GM Automated/Robotic Welding Systems
Retired

Simple Man

« Reply #238 on: October 12, 2017, 09:46:56 PM »
Was just going to put the relays next to the battery in the rear trunk?  ::scratch

Or put up under by the frame member?  ::scratch

Upgrading the Radiator wiring for possible HO spal fans if need be.

Simple Man

« Reply #237 on: October 12, 2017, 09:38:47 PM »
More exciting stuff  ;)

Decided on different relay so they all looked the same ::toothy

Shrink tubing, Strip wire, Crimp female connector, more shrink, tubing apply heat.

8)