How To - Tips > Fiberglass & Paint

Looking for Fiberglass and Paint Tips

<< < (2/3) > >>

batbuilder:
I'd like to give my two cents. The 89 bat mobile I built had the narrow fenders like the studio cars. I had to widen it 4" on each side to make it look like the movie car. The front intake had to be cut and moved forward 2" then the fenders had to be sliced and diced. Fiberglass is a great medium and a lot can be done with it. The bond is a necessary evil due to shrinkage and lack of strength. Everything I know was taught to me so we can all be better by sharing the info....dave

Tallon:
Well it appears Rob's body is like that now but not perfect. Not sure if they made the wing come out more or if they actually widened the shoulder.
It's mostly not having the notch at the batwing that bothers me.
I may never get mine done because of wanting everything to be so perfect.

Jets303:
No kiddin! Maybe when I get my door done and I stand back and look at it... If it doesnt feel right, I'll fix it. This perfectionist thing may end up killing me lol

Hey Chris have you heard anything on the inside piece for the front hood?

No Bull:
Too bad we couldn't get someone to correct it, pull molds and sell the patch panels. 

hint.. hint..   ;)

Chris

Jets303:
Tallon I know what you mean on the shoulder and believe me it bugged me too, but to correct that would be a huge project. You would have to sand down the lip (with a long staright edge) so it is straight again, correct the pitch of the rear quarter, add material to the lip with a combination of fiberglass and duraglass. I mean It def can be done but that would be a lot of work. Ive learned to just live with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version