Author Topic: Interior and Exterior door handles  (Read 21633 times)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
Re: Door latch handle
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 07:20:33 PM »
Well that's cool then.
A4 air ride I wonder if my a8 has that :S I'm still finding about what features the thing has and what I could use out of it. Not so sure about air ride though that must be in newer models.

Ok then.. what about those Reds?   ::beers

I'm glad to see that you guys reached a mutual understanding and we can move on.  Mike, I'm curious to see what you found out about the dimensions of the OEM door handles, I'd like to make mine as close to OEM "as functionally possible" and if you could share the actual dimensions, that would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Chris
« Last Edit: September 10, 2012, 03:51:39 AM by No Bull »

Tallon

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Liked: 186
  • Member Rating Points: +18/-5
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 09:31:46 AM »
Well that's cool then.
A4 air ride I wonder if my a8 has that :S I'm still finding about what features the thing has and what I could use out of it. Not so sure about air ride though that must be in newer models.

Murci-Me

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 02:50:10 AM »
No, I dont think most people here will fail, but only time will tell who succeeds. Theres a reason that only 3% of the builds started actually get completed. Throw enough time and money at any project and it will get done, but those two things are not the easiest of hurdles for most builders.
Yes, I re-did my wiper arm. I went to the dealership about 3 months ago when Digibeam came to visit. I took alot of pictures and dimensions from a LP640 that was in the showromm, and built from that. Everything had to be fabricated, no donor parts would work.
Alot has changed on my car since it was last seen on the other forums. Windshield wiper, glass engine cover, new LP670 style engine cover, Audi A4 front air-ride suspension, new door cards, new center console, new guage assembly, radiator relocations, new headlights, shiftkit, etc. Not to mention the LP670 changeover is almost complete.   

Tallon

« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2012, 01:46:21 PM »
Problem is most of them don't come to the forums at all. Like ralley who only posts on youtube.
lamboreplica had been making them before he recently started posting on mm. besides, there's never been this many people building them. You think most people here will fail? The only thing in the way is time. kitcentral has always been a diablo forum, madmech not many murcies there either.

I go by what you've shown us not what I haven't seen
did you redo the wiper?

and john has his own oem murcie (not copy) so how would his dimensions be wrong?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:10:36 PM by Tallon »

Murci-Me

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2012, 11:05:38 PM »
Well I have'nt seen any completed of the ones that were started on the forum(s) years ago. LamboJayso never had a build diary that I remember, he joined MM after his car was pretty much complete. Who else has completed a car that daily driveable? Yes, i've seen many completed G28's as well, the ones Steve from Tri-G had is what sold me on having a car. Who else who has started a build diary either here, on MM or Kitcentral and has finished their car within the last 5 years?
Windshield wipers? Mine is exact, ask anyone who has seen it. It took alot of work (about 1 month) and alot of trips to the dealership, but its done and 100% exact and accurate.
I'm going to the Lambo dealership tomorrow, i'll verify the handle dimensions and location.

Tallon

« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2012, 10:30:17 PM »
I never said you thought yours was best, you seem to get a lot of information from the little I said. but again I wasn't talking about the width which is what you keep referring to for some odd reason.

I post about the handle because you claim to get the measurements from oem just to find out that you didn't. That's not picking anything apart.
I recall you even said once that oem handles don't have the finger slots underneathe...

What about the windshield wipers, there's kitcars then there's replicas, according to you, when other wipers were posted. (compared to yours) but it doesn't make sense when neither of us will have accurate wipers.

And there are no more than 2 completed g28s? I've seen many..
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:45:24 PM by Tallon »

SchulzeA

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2012, 08:27:57 PM »
Did anyone notice the finger dimples under the OEM handle.  The little details like that are pretty cool.  ::LAMBO

Chris
Yes, I haven't figured out how to program that yet. ::counfused

Murci-Me

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2012, 08:15:36 PM »
Ooh ok I didn't check but in your pm I thought you said 1" probably by accident :D
I probably won't need oem size I thought about it for awhile but it seems like too much trouble to modify the whole sides of the car.

I guess its a matter of picking your battles. If you want to build a replica, the G28 is not the platform to do it. Yes, there are minor inconsistencies with my build compared to an OEM car. The door handles would have been way to much work to change. I made them as close as possible to OEM while still fitting the G28 door. If anybody wants to come see my car, my door is always open. If picking it apart because of minor details makes you feel better about your own build, then by all means do it.
I dont cars how many notches people put for their batwings, how they worry the hood is to long, the roof is to short, the firewall is in the wrong location, etc, the best you can ever be with a G28 is a "close" replica.
I have never come on this or any other forum and bragged about my car. I hear people praise it, and I appreciate that. I also hear people pick it apart, and thats fine as well. Like I said back on MM three years ago, whenever anybody gets their car done and wants to compare it side to side with mine, I welcome the challenge. I'm not saying my car is the best out there, or the best there ever will be, but it is painted and driveable, with a full interior and everything working as it should.
I have watched people for years and years building their G28's, but I have never seen one completed and driving (with the exception of LamboJayso). Like I said i the begining of this post, you have to choose your battles. You could litterally spend 10 years and over 100K on these cars if you stress over every little detail. Even if you were to address and correct them all, at best (once again) you would have a "close" replica.

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »
Did anyone notice the finger dimples under the OEM handle.  The little details like that are pretty cool.  ::LAMBO

Chris

Tallon

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2012, 05:01:09 PM »
Ooh ok I didn't check but in your pm I thought you said 1" probably by accident :D
I probably won't need oem size I thought about it for awhile but it seems like too much trouble to modify the whole sides of the car.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 05:08:06 PM by Tallon »

SchulzeA

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2012, 04:59:43 PM »
Tallon, I made yours with the narrow width to fit the g28 doors. I have a set that are oem size if you end up needing them.

Tallon

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2012, 09:58:22 AM »
Yeah I meant his were longer not shorter. Didn't remember why it wasn't right but I made them awhile back and they didn't look right at all. long and skinny.. (As MurcieMe said: there's kit cars then there are replicas)

The width isn't much difference but I'd rather keep oem length.
Shulze I believe you made the width oem size I guess we'll have to shave some off... but they're so clean :(
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:10:37 AM by Tallon »

SchulzeA

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2012, 07:57:22 AM »
Technically the g28 size should be shorter if you scaled the handle down proportionally to reduce the width. Either way, I doubt anyone will ever notice. I'm just thankful that people post their design and dimensions.  ::sun

Tallon

« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2012, 07:07:11 AM »
Mine are "wrong" because they are made to fit the G-28 (same as yours). Good luck fitting an OEM shape and size handle on a G-28 door :) (dont you think there was a reason I made my own instead of using an OEM handle, whether original or replica?)
I hope you know that I know that. Why do you think I'm trying to make it wider for the bat wing notch?

Why would you need to make the handle longer? I wasn't talking about width. I didn't say Width anywhere in my post. The image shows length. it was a madmech link so I changed it.

I'm just pointing out that they aren't the right dimensions at all, unless it for some strange reason depends on the year of murcielago...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:03:38 AM by Tallon »

italianknightrider

• IKR
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Liked: 79
  • Member Rating Points: +36/-2
  • LAMBOCLONE MAFIA - Administrator / Owner
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2012, 05:38:27 AM »
the top edge of the door an rear quarter is smaller on G28 than the real car so a real door handle or real size will eat up the whole top edge

http://lamboclone.com/index.php?topic=396.0
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 12:13:12 PM by italianknightrider »
We hope our post help someone finish their build or get them interested in our hobby and start a build.