How To - Tips > Fiberglass & Paint

Two tone paint question

<< < (2/2)

eddie:
some times when I paint BMW bumpers two tone that bottom part is flat, I clear both colors then I'll take scuff paste and white pad rub the clear get that semi gloss, but that's flat rate cheat , since we use Water base only you can't leave unprotected base, on solvent  base back then we add about 10-15% clear hardner and that was ok  too

Neils88:
Thanks Eddie. I wasn't sure if there was a better process that minimized the interface between the two.

I'll likely use a single stage satin black, then a base/ clear white.

eddie:
 i would first spray the part with semi gloss trim black day two after tape off the black and go white B/C

Neils88:
Here's a quick paint question...

I have a body panel (Aventador rear engine hood) that is going to require a two tone paint job. The main paint will be a gloss white and the inset portion will be a satin black. In a perfect world, the inset piece would be removed and the two parts painted separately. But, of course, the hood is a single fiberglass piece.

What is the best way to paint this, since I don't believe I can use the same clear coat and achieve a gloss white and a satin black?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version