Author Topic: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!  (Read 71056 times)

LamboJayso

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Liked: 17
  • Member Rating Points: +6/-2
  • Experience is everything!
Re: LamboJayso's OEM Murcielago Build!
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2013, 05:19:57 PM »
Tallon nothing I ever say is a mistake. I guess what you said was a mistake though, probably why it got deleted. Can you, Tusabes, and SchulzeA do me favor and ignore me anytime you see me post anything new and I'll do the same. I'm entitled to my opinions and statements, if you have a disagreement with anything I say, PM me.

Jon your car looks good and you're fortunate enough to be able to afford one and that's all that matters. When you're ready to do the LP640 upgrades I'll be here to help you see that come to fruition.

Driver side mirror is locked in. The pole is just to keep the mirrors stabilized while the adhesive sets. The last pic just confirms I made the mirrors removable. Remember how rough these mirrors look now b/c when I'm done with them, they will look brand new.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:22:03 PM by LamboJayso »
-Jayso

jonv8944s

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Liked: 0
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-0
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2013, 11:24:39 AM »
Finally, and honestly, I am known to be pretty brash, and direct, but one thing I am not, is a liar, so if I had a clone and someone asked 'is it real' I would say 'no' and that means something to me, maybe I am to caught up in the material world, and if you want to throw me under the buss for that, so be it.  But its nice to say 'yes, its real.'

I think Jayso's post was a mistake because it's not about comparing them but as far as real and fake, I won't claim my replica is real because it's not. I'd rather show off something I built by hand as what it is, I'd rather be proud of what I did than to pretend I own a real one. If I had a real one then I'd be proud to own a real one.

I have to very much agree with this.  Honestly I was taken back a bit when he brought up the discussion, but then I realized, 'Jon you cant go over to a Ford Site with a Chevy and expect they won't defend their Ford'  The problem is, I didnt come here to tell you about my chevy, I came to appeciate your Ford :).  If that makes sense.  Also if there is any doubt about my ability to appeciate the labor of love you guys do for your cars, perhaps you would like to know, I built this, with my 2 hands, and it could easily kill any Viper, Lambo, Ferrari in its day: http://porsche944s0.tripod.com/pictures.htm (A friend build the site for me, when I was selling the car on ebay over 11 years ago)  And the car was mint before I wrecked it racing a BMW in the rain :)  I told ya, I GO when its GO time :)

No Bull

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+25)
  • Liked: 299
  • Member Rating Points: +21/-0
  • Replication is the sincerest form of flattery
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2013, 10:46:07 AM »
I didnt get the car as a status symbol, I bought it because I was a kid before and I had a dream... and I am all about making my dreams come true. 

Same reasons for me building a Lambo and it's dual purpose for me personally since I've wanted to build (not buy) a Lambo replica since around age 15.  Everyone is here for a reason (some shared and some not) and I welcome anyone with a passion for these cars whether they are buying them, improving them or building them from the ground up.   ::salute 

Jay, we'll turn your build diary back over to you.    ::LAMBO2

Chris
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:48:25 AM by No Bull »

jonv8944s

« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2013, 10:36:01 AM »
Thanks 'No Bull'  I actually agree with you, I am not the elitest type that things the original design cant be improved.  Hell I like the 670 SV look better then my 'regular murci' look, I would entertain the fiberglass/carbon fiber option of a replica 670 front end on my murci, but with it costing 15k, I dont like it THAT much :).  But yes, I have NO problem with better made after market parts that improve the car. I modded my car already, ripped out that horrible single din stereo, installed a double din, installed a review camera, installed 2 amps, a sub, I made the car RWD, because I love RWD for summer fun, and I have AWD for winter anyways.  I changed the airfilters, I changed the tune (had the car tuned at AMS), I removed the primary cats and muffler to REALLY make this thing SING... and omg.. I left off the most brilliant part of the car... the SOUND.  The sound of a v12 is second only to the beauty of the lambo looks.  so I agree, you can have the looks, with is 70% of the attraction to the car, but at least 25% of it, is the amazing sound a screaming v12 makes.  (sorry I kept the debate going, and I wasnt trying to, but have to admit I left that off in my intial response).  But again, I have NO issues with the better aftermarket parts that beat the factory version.. they definitely exist, and I am in favor of them.

Also agree, in the end, car guys are car guys, you shouldnt be suprised that I didnt pop out of my mom with Cash in my hand to own a lambo.  I was that kid with the posters of the countach 5000s on my walls along with that Vector car, they were my passion as a kid, I was 7 years old and I could spell Lamborghini, which was no small task at that age :)  I have only ever loved cars, at times amongst all other things....  I think of cars as people, and while thats wrong, thats how I am.  My wife says sometimes she thinks I love my cars more then her (she does know my Sons are above the cars), but I tell her, no no, she is definitely more important to me then my cars, but what I dont tell her is 'but its really close' :)

I didnt get the car as a status symbol, I bought it because I was a kid before and I had a dream... and I am all about making my dreams come true.  And I wish that to each and everyone of you.  Life is meant to be fun, do your part to make it that way for you.  I doubled the mileage on the lambo I bought within 3 months of ownership, vs what the previous owner couldnt do in his 6 years of having it before me.  Enjoy life, whatever that means to you!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 10:42:01 AM by No Bull »

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2013, 10:16:14 AM »
I didnt buy this car for the next guy, I bought it for me.  My very first viper I bought new in 2002, I drove for 60,000 miles in 3 years, sold it, and have bought many more since then.  Cars should be enjoyed and drive, I care not about resale, these were bought for me, not the next guy.  My GTR I bought in 2010 I put 18,000 miles on in 1 year, sold it, and now have a 2013 that I hope to get 18k miles in 1 year :).  Enjoy life for you, not the next guy.

I love this!

The same should be true for those building a car.. it should be for you and not the next guy and I believe you should build it to drive it.

Thanks,

Chris

No Bull

• Administrator
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2013, 10:12:04 AM »
Original or Replica?

One thing that is certain is that we are all car guys and I welcome everyone to this site that has an appreciation for the automobile.   ::thumbup

It's really good to see that the owner of an original Lamborghini has joined us and has even provided some encouragement and very nice compliments to a replica builder.    ::beers

The funny thing is that many of the cars that left Sant' Agata now have after market and or replacement parts which to the "true purist" makes these cars altered.  I've heard multiple people say that Watson's LP640 panels are actually better than OEM and I think it might surprise some people to know how many "original cars" have these panels hanging on them either as an upgrade to LP640 appearance or from a repair.   ::toothy

Welcome

Chris

jonv8944s

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2013, 10:07:47 AM »
lol.  You guys can have the debate, I will likely not participate, but I'll certainly share my perspective this one time.  Your clones do not have the fit and finish of the real thing, even as great as they are (your clones), they dont match the engineering and budget the factory had to do them right.  (With that said, the lambo looks like a kit car to me, compared to other cars I have owned: Vipers, GTRs, Porsches, SRT8s).  Reliability, the real ones just work, while others chose not to drive theirs, thats only because of their concern on loss of value, or cost of repairs, some of us dont care :), the cars just work, and you can go cross country with them if you want to.  Some of the clones I have seen, uh... well best they stay in their hometown for ease of return home.  Another issue, is as great as some of these clones are, the majority of the ones I have seen, have fallen short of looking very well made, this exception of course includes Jayso's car, as it looks like he is going to nail the dimensions.  Performance, are you guys really able to get your cars to go 200 mph?  Do they safely go 120mph with the top off?  Can they really do 1/4 mile in the 11s?  The answer maybe yes, in some cases, but the majority is no.  Finally, and honestly, I am known to be pretty brash, and direct, but one thing I am not, is a liar, so if I had a clone and someone asked 'is it real' I would say 'no' and that means something to me, maybe I am to caught up in the material world, and if you want to throw me under the buss for that, so be it.  But its nice to say 'yes, its real.'  And if some guy wants to try me at a light, to see if it will go... I'm the type that will make it go, no excusees, he wins great, I win, great.  But I gave him what a lambo does.  I might ask 'hey, can I go home and get one of my fast cars?' becasue honestly the lambo is THE most attactive Exotic I have ever owned, but its also the least fast :)

I gave my honest feedback and input.  Deprecation means nothing to me, I didnt buy this car for the next guy, I bought it for me.  My very first viper I bought new in 2002, I drove for 60,000 miles in 3 years, sold it, and have bought many more since then.  Cars should be enjoyed and drive, I care not about resale, these were bought for me, not the next guy.  My GTR I bought in 2010 I put 18,000 miles on in 1 year, sold it, and now have a 2013 that I hope to get 18k miles in 1 year :).  Enjoy life for you, not the next guy.

jamack

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Member Rating Points: +0/-2
« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2013, 09:42:18 AM »
Don't forget the fun of building your own car putting your own flavor on it, I can say this will be the only build for me but I do get the excitement of doing one of these
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:44:52 AM by jamack »

LamboJayso

« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2013, 09:21:17 AM »
Is it odd that as an owner of a real one, I am enjoying this build?  Very cool.
It would be odd if your here but don't like lambo replicas...

You would be suprised, there is a good bit of anomosity against 'cloners' on the real cars sites, because people feel parts they need for their cars are being taken by people who are making 'forgeries' which makes it harder for them to source important parts they need for their own cars that they paid a lot more for.  NOW WITH THAT SAID, I am not looking for this DEBATE to rage on here.  I was simply explaining that I might be odd, because I dont share that opinion, I enjoy this, because quite frankly this guy has skills.

Thx for the compliment again Jon but we have to at least have a discussion about the pros & cons on the real vs the clone to really get to the bottom of things. I prefer an OEM dimension LP640 replica over the real thing b/c when my car is done I'll never have to worry about resale value, I'll never have to watch the mileage when driving, carfax doesn't matter so much on a replica, it's low maintenance, and if anything ever happens I'll know how to fix it myself. & when I pick up what I'm going to pick up from John later on I will forever have a ever replenishing source of body panels in case anything ever happens.

I know a few owners of the real thing here where I live and those poor guys barely even drive their cars. This reminds me, the real thing is a big time gas GUZZLER and I'm sure you can attest to that.
-Jayso

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2013, 08:30:48 AM »

You would be suprised, there is a good bit of anomosity against 'cloners' on the real cars sites, because people feel parts they need for their cars are being taken by people who are making 'forgeries' which makes it harder for them to source important parts they need for their own cars that they paid a lot more for.  NOW WITH THAT SAID, I am not looking for this DEBATE to rage on here.  I was simply explaining that I might be odd, because I dont share that opinion, I enjoy this, because quite frankly this guy has skills.
I'm not surprised there's a grudge against replica builders. And it's understandable in many aspects. Though I'd best most would change their mind if they had the ability to build a car from the ground up.
I'm not starting a debate. You ask a question, I answered it. lol
Your car looks very nice. Would it be possible to make some molds off of it? Jk  ;D

LamboJayso

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2013, 08:19:24 AM »
Lol, looking good looking good! I'm glad I'm doing a roadster this time  ::headbang
-Jayso

jonv8944s

« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2013, 07:21:31 AM »
Thx, post some pics of your ride as it sits today right here in my thread, I don't mind.

jonv8944s

« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2013, 07:17:05 AM »

LamboJayso

« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2013, 07:35:14 PM »
Thx, post some pics of your ride as it sits today right here in my thread, I don't mind.
-Jayso

SchulzeA

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+15)
  • Liked: 217
  • Member Rating Points: +33/-1
  • Lambo Mafia
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2013, 06:55:57 PM »